rockpirat1973 on ebay from Austria

Man, he has almost perfect feedback, but I've been waiting for a CD for 4 1/2 weeks and he won't reply to my messages. I paid to have the CD sent registered so I've asked him 4 times to send me the tracking number but he won't even reply to my messages? I finally just washed my hands of it and filed a Paypal claim. Wasn't really expecting problems from this seller, think he's been around a while. I'm done with him now though, won't ever buy from him again. TERRIBLE communication (well, next to none I should say).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe his name is Chris Baumgartner and I've sold to but never bought from him. He has never flaked out on me, but slow and unresponsive, yes he is.

My opinion is that ALL Austrian buyers and sellers are the absolute worst at communicating and the slowest to pay or respond to anything. They must work and live in slow motion in that country and not have any cares in the world.

Austrians may have good tastes in music but good lord they're a headache.

I've bought from him, sold to him, and traded with him before and never had a glitch. I hate to hear that you're having issues, hopefully it'll work out for ya.

With that said, normally, the words Austria, and eBay in the same sentence scare the hell outta me. :P

I've bought from him, sold to him, and traded with him before and never had a glitch. I hate to hear that you're having issues, hopefully it'll work out for ya.

With that said, normally, the words Austria, and eBay in the same sentence scare the hell outta me. :P

Same here. I never had any issues with Christoph. I hope it will work out for you !

I had problems with this guy, too. Waited forever for a cd & finally had to file a claim. His email didn't seem to be working when I was trying to contact him either... :whistle:

Sounds identical to the problem I'm having. He replied to my first 3 weeks ago and since then nada.

I've bought, sold and traded with Chris for several years and never a problem.......However, just to let you know, I have had problems communicating via e mail because his e mail server is very 'SPAM" sensitive and he doesn't get alot of things.....have you tried communicating to him directly through E Bay rather than direct? Just a thought!

I've bought, sold and traded with Chris for several years and never a problem.......However, just to let you know, I have had problems communicating via e mail because his e mail server is very 'SPAM" sensitive and he doesn't get alot of things.....have you tried communicating to him directly through E Bay rather than direct? Just a thought!

Yes, he actually replied back to me once two weeks after he mailed the CD. Since then nothing. Still hasn't arrived as of today and he mailed it over a month. I'm not saying he didn't mail it, I'm sure he did. I just want the freaking registration number since I paid to have it sent registered mail so I can track it online and see where the hell it is. That's hard to do when you can't get the dude to reply. He doesn't reply to emails, ebay messages, or the emails he got when I filed a paypal claim. Maybe the dude is dead.

Sounds like he charged you for registered shipping & then just pocketed the money & sent it regular airmail...I had some jerk off seller pull that stunt on me once. Had to file a claim on him, too.

Sounds like he charged you for registered shipping & then just pocketed the money & sent it regular airmail...I had some jerk off seller pull that stunt on me once. Had to file a claim on him, too.

That's kind of what was thinking too, only reason I can think of that he would ignore me (unless he was on a LONG vacation or taking a dirt nap)

I have no idea who's that guy but never had problems with Austrians sellers, buyers or traders (more than 20 transactions). Total flawless transactions, quick payments, quick dispatching etc. Only that thomas ringseis seems to be bad but never dealt with him.

This is weird, I thought that Thomas Ringseis is rockpirat1973... can I be mistaken?

I have no idea who's that guy but never had problems with Austrians sellers, buyers or traders (more than 20 transactions). Total flawless transactions, quick payments, quick dispatching etc. Only that thomas ringseis seems to be bad but never dealt with him.

This is weird, I thought that Thomas Ringseis is rockpirat1973... can I be mistaken?

I don't know maybe... To be honest I don't give base or watch that guy anymore so that's why I said that I have no idea...

No, not the same person, as far as I know. rockpirat1973 is Christoph Baumgartner.

Yes, it is Christoph Baumgartner

Just got an email from him, he says he was on vacation for 3 weeks and apologized and sent me the tracking number. Good news is he shipped it and it has been delivered. Bad news is that I looked it up and he sent the CD to Alexandria, Virginia and I live in Lawrence, Kansas. So he sent it to the wrong address (or he sent me the wrong tracking number)....to be continued.....stay tuned.

Just got an email from him, he says he was on vacation for 3 weeks and apologized and sent me the tracking number. Good news is he shipped it and it has been delivered. Bad news is that I looked it up and he sent the CD to Alexandria, Virginia and I live in Lawrence, Kansas. So he sent it to the wrong address (or he sent me the wrong tracking number)....to be continued.....stay tuned.

I'd still file a Paypal claim, because I believe the time period to file a claim expires 45 days from the day you made the payment. Something tells me your not going to get your package if it's in Virginia at the moment and you're not. Maybe it's just going from state to state in westernly direction. If you check back and it's now tracking in West Virginia, Kentucky or Missouri you may yet get the cd.

I'd still file a Paypal claim, because I believe the time period to file a claim expires 45 days from the day you made the payment. Something tells me your not going to get your package if it's in Virginia at the moment and you're not. Maybe it's just going from state to state in westernly direction. If you check back and it's now tracking in West Virginia, Kentucky or Missouri you may yet get the cd.

I would definately file a claim and if it still does show up later, I would inform him that it has and then re-send him the payment.

Better to be safe than sorry IMO.

I already filed a claim several days ago for that very reason. No, it shows as delivered to Alexandria Virginia, not in transit. The CD is in Virginia (or he sent me the wrong tracking number). This is getting old I tell ya.

I already filed a claim several days ago for that very reason. No, it shows as delivered to Alexandria Virginia, not in transit. The CD is in Virginia (or he sent me the wrong tracking number). This is getting old I tell ya.

if i were you, i should make a new herman hill out of him....but you're far away.... :christmas:

OK, I sent him an email on Friday telling him the tracking number he sent was wrong or he mailed my CD to the wrong place. I wait all weekend, no reply. Finally I email on Monday again asking him if was on vacation again. I get an email back from him saying that he refunded my money so take back the negative feedback on ebay. Well, turns out he didn't just refund my money, I won my Paypal dispute so Paypal gave me my money back, he didn't just go and refund it like he tried to make it sound like he did. So maybe he would have and maybe he wouldn't have? Anyway, I got another email today basically demanding I take the bad feedback off because I got my money back now (all in bold red letters in the email even). I'm inclined to just ignore him for a while....then tell him no. I don't think I should have to remove it just because Paypal gave me my money back, its been a bitch getting him to reply to any messages (even if he did go on vacation, you mean to tell me he didn't check his email for 3 weeks?, I just have a hard time buying that).

So basically, got my money back via my Paypal dispute and he is acting like he refunded it and is demanding me to remove the feedback. I'm curious to hear what others here would do?