What is the rarest album you own?

Motley Mike

I dont know whats rare anymore, it seems like surely after I spend years and dollars aquiring something, it goes and gets reissued, but these were my rarest.

The Tubes - Young & Rich

Hard Knox - Psycos R Us

Sluts Crazy

Noize Toys - Falling In Lust Again

Sagittarius - Sanity Of Madness

Like I said, I don't know how rare they are anymore, if any of them have been reissued, but mine are the original pressings!

• 1 month later...
Guest trendkill196
I've got quite a bit of rare CDs (Taken, Sweet Teaze, Schoolboy Crush, Pretty Wicked, Dr Grind, Jillson, New Dynasty, Concrete Jungle, Eli....and I could go on).

But I think the rarest CD I have may be Soren - S/T. It was a demo only and I'm sure there aren't many copies floating around out there. Not sure it sells for as much as many of the rare CDs I own, but rarity wise I think that may be the one...but I'm not completely sure.

That Soren disc is a good one and agree, it is a rare one, but probably wouldn't fetch the Friction kind of $$$, for what reason I don't know.

As James mentioned I have that Innerfear disc and with only 250 pressed I would say it is pretty elusive.

And as Steve mentioned, I have some of the staple rarities: Concrete Jungle, Emergency, Villan, but would say discs like Storm Within, Dead Serious, Hello/goodbye, Tresspasser, etc... are just as rare, just as good, but unknown to the masses.

The rarest cd I have, however, is from 2009! That's right, this year! Only 3 copies exist! The 3 discs were made at Ardent studios, one kept by the engineer and 2 given to the bands guitarist and in turn one was given to me! The cd in question is: TOP HEAVY CRUSH-S/T

The disc is brilliant and unfortunately do to extenuating circumstances will never see the light of day....

Terry, I have a cd I think its called "Second Nature", if I remember right it features the brothers from Top Heavy Crush , its from like 1997.

I only recently found out that the CD of Ratt's self titled EP goes for anywhere from $75-$100 on Amazon :yikes:...I've had that one for several years and had no idea.

I only recently found out that the CD of Ratt's self titled EP goes for anywhere from $75-$100 on Amazon :yikes:...I've had that one for several years and had no idea.

Wow that's a great one and I wish I could run across that one somewhere for a decent price.

I imagine with that one coming out in 1983 that they didn't press to many copies of that one.

I've got quite a bit of rare CDs (Taken, Sweet Teaze, Schoolboy Crush, Pretty Wicked, Dr Grind, Jillson, New Dynasty, Concrete Jungle, Eli....and I could go on).

But I think the rarest CD I have may be Soren - S/T. It was a demo only and I'm sure there aren't many copies floating around out there. Not sure it sells for as much as many of the rare CDs I own, but rarity wise I think that may be the one...but I'm not completely sure.

That Soren disc is a good one and agree, it is a rare one, but probably wouldn't fetch the Friction kind of $$$, for what reason I don't know.

As James mentioned I have that Innerfear disc and with only 250 pressed I would say it is pretty elusive.

And as Steve mentioned, I have some of the staple rarities: Concrete Jungle, Emergency, Villan, but would say discs like Storm Within, Dead Serious, Hello/goodbye, Tresspasser, etc... are just as rare, just as good, but unknown to the masses.

The rarest cd I have, however, is from 2009! That's right, this year! Only 3 copies exist! The 3 discs were made at Ardent studios, one kept by the engineer and 2 given to the bands guitarist and in turn one was given to me! The cd in question is: TOP HEAVY CRUSH-S/T

The disc is brilliant and unfortunately do to extenuating circumstances will never see the light of day....

Terry, I have a cd I think its called "Second Nature", if I remember right it features the brothers from Top Heavy Crush , its from like 1997.

Kenny, can I have it. :) Pm me and let's meet up for some shopping trading...

Wow that's a great one and I wish I could run across that one somewhere for a decent price.

I imagine with that one coming out in 1983 that they didn't press to many copies of that one.

When Ratt released it on their own label (Time Coast) I think it was vinyl/cassette only. Atlantic repackaged and re-released it a few years later on CD, which is the copy I have. But apparently that Atlantic version has also been out of print for some time now, hence the ridiculous price on Amazon.

What makes it even sweeter is that I got that CD for nothin'. :lol: A couple of years ago a chick I worked with brought in a whole bag of CDs that she was trying to get rid of. They belonged to her ex boyfriend who'd moved to Florida after she kicked him out of their apartment. In addition to the Ratt I also got King Kobra's "III" and two Hurricane discs in that haul, amongst others. :beerbang:

When Ratt released it on their own label (Time Coast) I think it was vinyl/cassette only. Atlantic repackaged and re-released it a few years later on CD, which is the copy I have. But apparently that Atlantic version has also been out of print for some time now, hence the ridiculous price on Amazon.

What makes it even sweeter is that I got that CD for nothin'. :lol: A couple of years ago a chick I worked with brought in a whole bag of CDs that she was trying to get rid of. They belonged to her ex boyfriend who'd moved to Florida after she kicked him out of their apartment. In addition to the Ratt I also got King Kobra's "III" and two Hurricane discs in that haul, amongst others. :beerbang:

I remember you mentioning getting those Hurricane discs but didn't remember the others.

Looking through my vinyl earlier today and found one I forgot

Savatage - Sirens on blue vinyl - original blue circle ship/face sleeve on Par. Great album.

Anyone have:

- Apetite for Destruction with the original cover?

- The first Cry Wolf before Crunch (similar track listing)?

- Any Tsunami CDs?

- Battle Bratt CDs?

- Crystal Pistol ST?

- Eyes Windows of the Soul?

- Great White Stick It!, S/T or Shot In The Dark?

- Red Dawn Never Say Surrender?

- Treat S/T (1992)?

- Trouble S/T (1990)?

- WASP Animal F*&k Like a Beast?

If so I would love to trade with you, please PM me :)

Some semi-rare stuff I own:

Mudslick - Crawlin In The Mud (Jap press)

Phantom's Opera - S/T (Jap press)

Razormaid - First Cutt

Wig Wam - Hard to be a Rock 'n' Roller in Tokyo (Jap press) - bonus tracks kick ass!

All the Robby Valentine in Jap pressings (can get them cheap on ebay now).

All X Japan original Jap pressings

All Savatage original Jap pressings

How is that Kage album? I've read that it's either glam or thrash online :S

It's actually a very awesome disc. I'd definately call it glam, though some of the songs are much heavier than most of your typical 80's glam bands. Certainly doesn't qualify as thrash, not even close.

that kage album reminds me alot of leatherwolf & fifth angel, their 2nd album is pretty cool too :beerbang:

This sounds like it's right up my alley. What's the singer like? Are the songs actually any good coz I know sometimes we fans can get into a rut of going after a particular sound ;)

Good man!

All mine are Jap expect the 1995 s/t and The Most Beautiful Pain......still have to to get the recent double best of.

Good man!

All mine are Jap expect the 1995 s/t and The Most Beautiful Pain......still have to to get the recent double best of.

That double best of is pretty expensive. I bought it from his site.

It's also worth checking out his Jap only EPs, they usually have a gem or two on them and you can generally get them for $10US on ebay + shipping. Cheers.

Good man!

It's also worth checking out his Jap only EPs, they usually have a gem or two on them and you can generally get them for $10US on ebay + shipping. Cheers.

I have all of Robby's CD Singles and EP.s that I know of, lots of nice extras in there. All of the excellent Valensia stuff aswell. Some of these are a little tough to get hold of now and can be quite pricey.

This is what I have.

Robby Valentine

CD Album

Robby Valentine…+2 (Jap Import + Obi)

The Magic Infinity (Euro Vers.)

The Magic Infinity…+2 (Jap Import + Obi) (Autographed)

Valentine…+1 (Jap Import)

Valentine 1 (Compilation)

4 United…(Jap Import + Obi)

Believing Is Seeing…(Jap Import + Obi)

No Sugar Added…(Jap Import + Obi)

The Most Beautiful Pain…+ 3 (Jap Import + Obi)

Falling Down In Misanthropolis…+2 (Jap Import + Obi)

Androgenius....+6 (Jap Import + Obi) 2 CD

Androgenius....+8 (Autogrsphed Digipack) 2 CD

Valentine/ Valensia - V (Jap Import + Obi)

Valentine/ Valensia - Valentine Vs Valensia…(Jap Import + Obi)

CD-s/EP.s

Over And Over Again (Maxi)

Love Takes Me Higher (Maxi)

I Believe In You (Maxi)

Don't Make Me Wait Forever…(Autographed)

Megaman…+1

Megaman…+1 (Maxi)

No Turning Back…+1

Angel Of My Heart…+1

Only Your Love…+ 1 3" CD-S (Jap Import)

Live & Demos EP. …(Jap Import + Obi)

Hand In Hand/ Live EP. …(Jap Import + Obi)

Take My Hand

Where Do We Go From Here 3" CD-S (Jap Import + Obi)

God 3" CD-S (Jap Import + Obi)

I Believe In Music…+2 (Maxi) (Jap Import + Obi)

Christmas In Heaven EP.…+4 (Jap Import + Obi)

Valensia

CD Album

Gaia…(Hologram Sleeve)

K.O.S.M.O.S…(Limited Edition Folding Pack)) (Jap Import)

Valensia II - K.O.S.M.O.S (Euro) (Alternate Cover)

Valensia III…(Jap Import)

Gaia II… (Korean Import)

The Blue Album…+1

Non Plugged…(Jap Import + Obi)

Queen Tribute

Metal Majesty - This Is Not A Drill

Metal Majesty - 2005

CD-s/ EP's

Gaia…(Maxi)

Tere (Maxi)

Nathalie…(Jap Import) (Maxi)

The Sun (Maxi)

White Album EP.…(Jap Import + Obi)

K.O.S.M.O.S EP…(Jap Import + Obi)

K.O.S.M.O.S (Maxi)

Thunderbolt EP.…(Jap Import)

Phantom Of The Opera EP…(Jap Import)

Luna Luna EP.…(Jap Import + Obi)

Anyone have:

- Apetite for Destruction with the original cover?..On Vinyl Yes

- The first Cry Wolf before Crunch (similar track listing)?..YES

- Any Tsunami CDs?..YES

- Battle Bratt CDs?..YES

- Eyes Windows of the Soul?..YES

- Great White Stick It!, S/T or Shot In The Dark?..YES x 3

- Trouble S/T (1990)?..YES

Mudslick - Crawlin In The Mud (Jap press)

Phantom's Opera - S/T (Jap press)

Razormaid - First Cutt

Wig Wam - Hard to be a Rock 'n' Roller in Tokyo (Jap press) - bonus tracks kick ass!

All X Japan original Jap pressings

All Savatage original Jap pressings

Yes..and i have an original Trouble S/T available for the right trade

Good man!

Yeah got these Jap EPs

Jez, what a great collection of singles you have, amazing!

I also have a signed 7" of Love Takes Me Higher

Good man!

Yeah got these Jap EPs

Thanx mate. It took me quite a while to get them all, but I got there finally. I was lucky a few years back and got virtually the rest of the ones that I was looking for, plus some Valensia stuff, in one go from a great seller in the Netherlands, good price too

Good man!

Yeah got these Jap EPs

Thanx mate. It took me quite a while to get them all, but I got there finally. I was lucky a few years back and got virtually the rest of the ones that I was looking for, plus some Valensia stuff, in one go from a great seller in the Netherlands, good price too

It was a matter of time before you two hooked up..

• 2 weeks later...

Good man!

Yeah got these Jap EPs

It's flipping Jez's fault that I got into RV too!!!! Curse him and his detrimental effect on my wallet .... :crying:

Anyone have:

- Great White S/T?

- Trouble S/T (1990)?

- WASP Animal F*&k Like a Beast?

If so I would love to trade with you, please PM me :)

I have'em... but I ain't tradin' em. Sorry. :lol:

Good man!

Yeah got these Jap EPs

It's flipping Jez's fault that I got into RV too!!!! Curse him and his detrimental effect on my wallet .... :crying:

:lol:

Good man!