KISS

chocularok

From melodicrock.com:

A SONIC BOOM FOR KISS FANS:

It looks like we might have a title for the new Kiss album - Sonic Boom. The album is due in stores October 6 via WalMart and like Journey set before them, the Kiss package will feature a disc of new material, a disc of re-recorded hits (already released in Japan last year), plus a DVD. The 3-Disc set will retail for around US$12.

And this from hardradio.com:

According to Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS), the forthcoming KISS studio album will be called Sonic Boom. KISS recently invited the press into the studio to listen to some songs from their upcoming new album. Here is what Guitar Player Magazine's Editor wrote: "Heard 5 songs. If you dig KISS, you're gonna dig this new album. Paul (Stanley) sings his ass off. Eric (Singer) plays some amazingly powerful drums. Gene (Simmons) was finally made to play all of his bass parts (apparently, in the past, if someone had a cool bass idea, he let them play it), and he DOES have a pretty driving sound. Finally, Paul and Tommy (Thayer)'s guitars sound HUGE - with some fab riffs and '70s-style solos."

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I'll pick it up, especially if it's gonna be the 2-CD/1 DVD pack described here. That sounds sweet as hell. Glad I didn't lay out big import $$ for that "Jigoku-Retsuden" set of re-recorded hits from Japan now. I had a feeling it'd surface on this side of the ocean eventually. Gene wouldn't be satisfied with just sucking the $ out of Japanese fans. :lol:

On another KISS related note, has anyone seen the KISS M&M's advertisement yet?

kissmm.jpg

:rofl2: How freaking COOL is that??

Supposedly there will be limited edition KISS M&M candies available in October to coincide with the album release... can't wait to see those. :lol:

Of course I'll pick it up, especially if it's gonna be the 2-CD/1 DVD pack described here. That sounds sweet as hell. Glad I didn't lay out big import $$ for that "Jigoku-Retsuden" set of re-recorded hits from Japan now. I had a feeling it'd surface on this side of the ocean eventually. Gene wouldn't be satisfied with just sucking the $ out of Japanese fans. :lol:

On another KISS related note, has anyone seen the KISS M&M's advertisement yet?

kissmm.jpg

:rofl2: How freaking COOL is that??

Supposedly there will be limited edition KISS M&M candies available in October to coincide with the album release... can't wait to see those. :lol:

KISS M&M's? Sheesh, does Gene have no shame?

KISS M&M's? Sheesh, does Gene have no shame?

After all these years, do you even have to ask that question? :unsure::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KISSARMY1975
From melodicrock.com:

A SONIC BOOM FOR KISS FANS:

It looks like we might have a title for the new Kiss album - Sonic Boom. The album is due in stores October 6 via WalMart and like Journey set before them, the Kiss package will feature a disc of new material, a disc of re-recorded hits (already released in Japan last year), plus a DVD. The 3-Disc set will retail for around US$12.

And this from hardradio.com:

According to Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS), the forthcoming KISS studio album will be called Sonic Boom. KISS recently invited the press into the studio to listen to some songs from their upcoming new album. Here is what Guitar Player Magazine's Editor wrote: "Heard 5 songs. If you dig KISS, you're gonna dig this new album. Paul (Stanley) sings his ass off. Eric (Singer) plays some amazingly powerful drums. Gene (Simmons) was finally made to play all of his bass parts (apparently, in the past, if someone had a cool bass idea, he let them play it), and he DOES have a pretty driving sound. Finally, Paul and Tommy (Thayer)'s guitars sound HUGE - with some fab riffs and '70s-style solos."

sounds like a great fucking album im buying it day it comes out im skipping school for it

Looks to be a cool package. I will definitely buy the album and the M&M's.

Gene seems to have cornered every market in Kiss licensing except Medical. Who wouldn't want a KissWalker for Grandmother, KissPacemaker for Grandfather, KissSuppositories, KissHeartValves, KissFacePaintTransplants.

There is still time. :kiss:

I'm actually excited about a KISS release, first time I say that since I was a kid.

Sample of the track Modern Day Delilah

Not te greatest quality I know, but the song sounds great and lets hope it is a return to the glory days.

I'm actually excited about a KISS release, first time I say that since I was a kid.

Sample of the track Modern Day Delilah

Not te greatest quality I know, but the song sounds great and lets hope it is a return to the glory days.

I likes this song very much :tumbsup:

ill be buying this in the next 6 months fer sure :D

Looks to be a cool package. I will definitely buy the album and the M&M's.

Gene seems to have cornered every market in Kiss licensing except Medical. Who wouldn't want a KissWalker for Grandmother, KissPacemaker for Grandfather, KissSuppositories, KissHeartValves, KissFacePaintTransplants.

There is still time. :kiss:

Don't forget about the KISS "Love Gun" penis implant :omg:

http://www.kissonline.com/

medium.jpg

SONIC BOOM CD Track Listing:

1. MODERN DAY DELILAH

2. RUSSIAN ROULETTE

3. NEVER ENOUGH

4. YES I KNOW (NOBODY'S PERFECT)

5. STAND

6. HOT AND COLD

7. ALL FOR THE GLORY

8. DANGER US

9. I'M AN ANIMAL

10. WHEN LIGHTNING STRIKES

11. SAY YEAH

Produced by PAUL STANLEY

Co-produced by Greg Collins

The US & Canadian release of SONIC BOOM is a three-disc set that also features KISS KLASSICS, a 15-track completely re-recorded greatest hits CD, as well as a live DVD shot in Buenos Aires, Argentina during the band's 2009 South American tour. The discs are packaged in a DigiPak along with a 20-page booklet.

SONIC BOOM will be available exclusively at Walmart, Walmart.com and Sam's Club retail locations beginning October 6.

KISS KLASSICS CD Track Listing:

1. DEUCE 2. DETROIT ROCK CITY 3. SHOUT IT OUT LOUD 4. HOTTER THAN HELL 5. CALLING DR. LOVE 6. LOVE GUN 7. I WAS MADE FOR LOVIN' YOU 8. HEAVEN'S ON FIRE 9. LICK IT UP 10. I LOVE IT LOUD 11. FOREVER 12. CHRISTINE SIXTEEN 13. DO YOU LOVE ME 14. BLACK DIAMOND 15. ROCK AND ROLL ALL NITE

-----------------------------------------

KISS and Walmart announced today that SONIC BOOM-the band's highly anticipated CD, and its first new material in 11 years-will be sold in the U.S. and Canada exclusively at Walmart, Walmart.com and Sam's Club retail locations beginning October 6. SONIC BOOM, produced by the band's Paul Stanley in Los Angeles, is the centerpiece of a three-disc set that also features a completely re-recorded greatest hits CD as well as a live DVD shot in Argentina during the band's recent, record-breaking KISS ALIVE 35 South American tour. The CD set will retail for $12, with pre-orders starting in September on Walmart.com.

KISS' Gene Simmons says, "SONIC BOOM may be the best new record we've done since Destroyer! It is Rock And Roll Over meets Love Gun. The world's biggest retailer had better get ready for the hottest band in the world and hire more cashiers before October 6th!"

Stanley continues, "Through all of the albums that are considered our classics, we tried to always find ways to give our fans extras that went beyond just the music. Besides our making the best KISS album in decades, Walmart has made it possible for us to include a bonus CD with 15 of our most famous songs and an additional live DVD, shot during our recent concert in Buenos Aires. So in every sense, SONIC BOOM is the ultimate return to classic KISS form. You wanted the best, you got the best!"

Walmart, one of America's largest music retailers, is finalizing its exciting plans now for its in-store and online destinations for KISS fans surrounding the launch of the new album and tour, and will host various KISS products in addition to their music in its stores this fall. More details on Walmart KISS activity, announcements regarding album pre-sales, sweepstakes and KISS appearances will be shared shortly.

Just curious - is every track of the navel-gazing variety? Oh, hang on. This is KISS we're talking about. Never mind.

Ya know.... You'd think that since Peter and Ace are gone now, and Kiss is looking to move on, they'd take off the makeup again. But... I think Gene wants to keep it on because there's much more merchandising to be had WITH the makeup, versus without it...

Gene out to reap the benefits of merchandising??? Good Lord, man!! And you've heard this where? Preposterous! Let me grab my KISS writing pad, uncap my KISS pen, write a query to Gene, place it in a KISS envelope, slap a KISS postage stamp on it, put on my KISS Army jacket and KISS sneakers, grab my KISS key-chain, head out to the KISSmobile, stop by the local KISS gas station for a few KISS gallons, and then head to the post office. I'm sure when Gene gets back to me, we'll have the truth about this love of merchandising baloney. KISS KISS.

Axe.

I'm conflicted about this whole thing.

As y'all know, I am/was/continue to be a humongous KISS geek from way back. However, I've also bashed on KISS pretty unmercifully around here over the past coupla years, mostly due to my dislike of their decision to slap the Spaceman and Cat makeup on Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer and tirelessly tour the nostalgia circuit when it seemed that they were well past their sell-by date.

However, the fact that they're finally going to RELEASE NEW KISS MUSIC (wotta concept huh?) kinda legitimizes (is that a word?) this lineup for me. At least they're not continuing to whore the same Greatest Hits set list for the umpteenth year in a row.

And that new song sample actually sounds pretty damn good.

So on one hand, my inner cynical a**hole is going "Meh, screw these guys, they're done," but now he's doing battle with my inner Fanboy who's screaming "WOOT! FIRST DAY BUYER UP IN HERE BOYEEEEEEE!"

Which side will win out? Depends on whether I'm anywhere near a Walmart on Oct. 6th I guess....

Doesn't sound too bad. I don't want to get my hopes up like I did for "Psycho Circus"....

Gene out to reap the benefits of merchandising??? Good Lord, man!! And you've heard this where? Preposterous! Let me grab my KISS writing pad, uncap my KISS pen, write a query to Gene, place it in a KISS envelope, slap a KISS postage stamp on it, put on my KISS Army jacket and KISS sneakers, grab my KISS key-chain, head out to the KISSmobile, stop by the local KISS gas station for a few KISS gallons, and then head to the post office. I'm sure when Gene gets back to me, we'll have the truth about this love of merchandising baloney. KISS KISS.

Axe.

LMAO