2009 - Most DISSAPOINTING Release

For me without a doubt it's Queensryche's "American Soldier".

I give the band cudos for writing an album about war from the soldiers side and giving spotlight to something that more than deserves it but without good songs what's the point?

This band has lost the f#@king plot and I fear that they will never ever find it again.

While the production is very good on the new disc there's just no songs and at least the hated Q2K and TRIBE had some good songs. This cd makes HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER sound like a f#@king masterpiece in comparison. I bought this disc after reading some good reviews even after I heard some songs and not loving them. The completist in me just couldn't turn my back on a band that at one time was one of my favs of all time but now I just wish I could send the cd to Geoff Tate and ask for my money back. Is it to much to ask for a once proud Progressive Metal band to kick ass again?

I still feel the same way and can't even bring myself to listen to this disc again. :2up:

Any others out there that you anyone hated?

Yeah, HOUSE OF LORDS "Cartesian Dreams". If this was their debut album then I'd be irritated I bought it and want my money back, but as it's a band that set a high benchmark with their first 3 discs (and even the last 2 are pretty damn good too) then it's massively disappointing. Bloody awful album IMO, and the songwriting is real schoolboy stuff.

So far out of what little I've heard of 2009 releases (it's been a slow year for me), I haven't heard anything yet that out and out sucked.

It's been a while since I bought one that I didn't like as money is tight

so I really research a release before I get it... ..That being said the last one to really disappoint me was Motorhead's "Hammered"...(it had gotten glowing reviews so I bought it...oh well)... which is funny cause I Love Motorhead..but for some reason I just can't listen to it..though I will never part with it (the completist in me I guess)...

Paul Shortino's disc. Not gonna say it sucks just yet but I was disappointed. Needs more spins with me maybe.

Yeah, that was not a good one. The cover of 'Take my heart and run' is easily the highlight, but even that pales so much compared to the original.

According to Mrs Geoff, the most dissappointing release of 2009... was Geoff's.

Still no children = very undisappointing to all.

• 2023 Gold Donors
PF - 16.6

WHY?>!

:(

i just ordered it.

Well...you may like it.I think a couple others here did.There's a tune on there called 'Killbound' that absolutely rips and sounds like their older stuff.The bulk of the rest of the album put me to sleep though...

According to Mrs Geoff, the most dissappointing release of 2009... was Geoff's.

Still no children = very undisappointing to all.

Youd make a great dad.

I wouldn't be that bad. Just to be clear, eating your children's no longer considered bad parenting, is it?

PF - 16.6

WHY?>!

i just ordered it.

Well...you may like it.I think a couple others here did.There's a tune on there called 'Killbound' that absolutely rips and sounds like their older stuff.The bulk of the rest of the album put me to sleep though...

Backed. "Killbound" is awesome but the rest is just dull. A hugely disappointing disc this.

• 2 weeks later...
PF - 16.6

WHY?>!

i just ordered it.

Backed. "Killbound" is awesome but the rest is just dull. A hugely disappointing disc this.

It's okay but not near as good as their early stuff or even the "Seven Seals" disc.

After the last two good but not great discs I fear that this band will never return to their roots again.