Foreigner - can't slow down

66 mustang

Anyone offered to help these fine folks out who asked for help getting this when it comes out?

If not, where you all from and more importantly how is your countries postal system...pretty reliable? I've never shipped anything overseas before. I guess I couldn't say how good the overseas shipping for the U.S. either.

A couple of us from England and one from Germany, Jez could enlighten you on the reliability of the postal service in England! :bananamac:

Looks like it just me then matey, if the offer still stands?

Would be much appreciated, let me know? :tumbsup:

Yep, sure will. Looks like it is coming out Sept. 29. I'll check the local store then but PM me though just as a reminder, ok? Then I can get your address.

Thanks mate, a very kind offer! :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to the samples.

AWESOME! The first track (CAN'T SLOW DOWN) sounds much more like a Hurricane track than a Foreigner track, but #3 (WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE) sounds like it could have been on Foreigner 4.

I am SO looking forward to this one. And for those of you who haven't seen the band live the past few years... they get my HIGHEST recommendation!

I am SO looking forward to this one. And for those of you who haven't seen the band live the past few years... they get my HIGHEST recommendation!

Totally agree, excellent live, Hansen fits perfectly! :tumbsup:

Our postal system is in great shape mate :tumbsup:

:o Then how come my VishusgruV CD is still stuck in Scotland....get it sorted mate :lol:

Give it a few more weeks and it won't be just Scotland mate! :(

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone pick this up yet? I'm grabbing mine on the way home from work.

Looking forward to it! I only hope the didn't squash the sound with compression.

I'm going to wait until next week and grab this one when I get the new Kiss disc.

sad to say though, sales are not near what the Journey package did. I dare say that the Kiss album will beat it in sales. I've already gotten some promo stuff for the KISS cd release and they are going to make a big to-do about. They did nothing for the Foreigner release. First day I took the cd out and put in the DVD out on our tv islander. The Skynyrd cd has outsold it in my store, not that should be something to have your head down about but still i expected a little more.

sad to say though, sales are not near what the Journey package did. I dare say that the Kiss album will beat it in sales. I've already gotten some promo stuff for the KISS cd release and they are going to make a big to-do about. They did nothing for the Foreigner release. First day I took the cd out and put in the DVD out on our tv islander. The Skynyrd cd has outsold it in my store, not that should be something to have your head down about but still i expected a little more.

I noticed that the disc was just setting there in the new releases and not any real promotion for it.

I will say it's good album though but not as awesome as the new Skynyrd IMO.

Seeing as I have ordered and paid this one, I am taking a sneaky peak as we speak. Fuck - how good a song is 'When It Comes To Love' for starters. This is a VERY VERY strong disc throughout and yet another case of the Golden Oldies pulling it off in a big way. At this rate, there are gonna be hardly any 'newer bands' in my top 20 come years end at all. Great stuff.

Seeing as I have ordered and paid this one, I am taking a sneaky peak as we speak. Fuck - how good a song is 'When It Comes To Love' for starters. This is a VERY VERY strong disc throughout and yet another case of the Golden Oldies pulling it off in a big way. At this rate, there are gonna be hardly any 'newer bands' in my top 20 come years end at all. Great stuff.

What are newer bands, only thought that there were old bands! I need to catch up. :rolleyes:

Got it...love it...think the songs and sound are great. Kelly Hansen sounds amazing on it and on Disc 2 I think anyone could fool the casual radio listener and even the Classic Rock fan into thinking it IS Lou Gramm.

It is Lou Gramm! :unsure:

Or have I been misled? :o

Got it...love it...think the songs and sound are great. Kelly Hansen sounds amazing on it and on Disc 2 I think anyone could fool the casual radio listener and even the Classic Rock fan into thinking it IS Lou Gramm.

Haha!!!! Good one... :rofl2:

That is Lou Gramm on disc two.

Those classics are just remixes by Marti Fredrickson and Anthony Focx.

:drink:

You tell him Wes :headbanger:

The thing is I had thought they were going to be re-recordings with Kelly and the new band the same way that Journey and Kiss had done for their Walmart only releases and when the first tune came on I thought "damn Kelly sounds just like Lou". Then I realized that he was sounding to much like Lou so I finally looked at the disc and saw remixes and it shows that it was the old band on the classic songs with them just being remixed.

I have to say, I did not read close enough. I sincerely thought Disc 2 was Kelly Hansen was singing because I know they did re-record some vocals only on their older songs w/ Kelly for their management company...I thought these were those re-recordings...pretty much explains why I was so surprised at Kelly sounding exactly like Lou Gramm...LOL! I'm an idiot...

The thing is I had thought they were going to be re-recordings with Kelly and the new band the same way that Journey and Kiss had done for their Walmart only releases and when the first tune came on I thought "damn Kelly sounds just like Lou". Then I realized that he was sounding to much like Lou so I finally looked at the disc and saw remixes and it shows that it was the old band on the classic songs with them just being remixed.

Kelly is excellent but there`s only one Lou Gramm! :bowdown: