White Widdow

melodicrockoz

I didn't think this was released yet. According to the official website were I bought it from, they don't ship out til Nov 5th. How is it that AOR Heaven etc have it available already?

I was just wondering that too..

Actually there was a copy sold on Ebay over the weekend. I think the item location was something like... South Dakota. It went for around $16.00 plus shipping.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think this was released yet. According to the official website were I bought it from, they don't ship out til Nov 5th. How is it that AOR Heaven etc have it available already?

I was just wondering that too..

Actually there was a copy sold on Ebay over the weekend. I think the item location was something like... South Dakota. It went for around $16.00 plus shipping.

I think it may have been discussed before but I wonder if there are separate US, UK and Australian versions of this album.

I think there would only be a Euro pressing manufactured through AOR Heaven at this stage.

The copies shipping Nov 5th to Aussies via the blog site would probably be the Euro pressing the band has had shipped over from Germany.

I think there would only be a Euro pressing manufactured through AOR Heaven at this stage.

The copies shipping Nov 5th to Aussies via the blog site would probably be the Euro pressing the band has had shipped over from Germany.

Ahh ok, that would make more sense.

I just got this one in the mail today. After a few spins the disc sounds fabulous. Everything is huge on this one, the lead vocals may be the weakest link, although they are good, I've heard stronger. The guitar playing is cool and very flashy, lacks emotion and feel, but the sound is crystal clear,the keys are outrageous and the production is excellent. A similar sound to H.E.A.T. but the production on White Widdow has more balls, even if it's laced with a lovefest of keys. However the best songs on Freedom Rock might beat out the best on what White Widdow has to offer.

On a side note:

Just like Vito Bratta who looked like he could be the son Eddie Van Halen, does the White Widdow guitarist Enzo Almanzi not look like the long lost son of Neal Schon...it's uncanny. For those who have the cd, the photos on the bottom left and top left in the collage of photos are so Schon it's freaky.

Still loving this one. I received the new Unruly Child at the same time in the mail and the White Widdow blows it away.

A great blend of H.E.A.T., Brother Firetribe with some old school Bon Jovi and Keyboard lovin' Van Halen stuff.

I just got this one in the mail today. After a few spins the disc sounds fabulous. Everything is huge on this one, the lead vocals may be the weakest link, although they are good, I've heard stronger. The guitar playing is cool and very flashy, lacks emotion and feel, but the sound is crystal clear,the keys are outrageous and the production is excellent. A similar sound to H.E.A.T. but the production on White Widdow has more balls, even if it's laced with a lovefest of keys. However the best songs on Freedom Rock might beat out the best on what White Widdow has to offer.

On a side note:

Just like Vito Bratta who looked like he could be the son Eddie Van Halen, does the White Widdow guitarist Enzo Almanzi not look like the long lost son of Neal Schon...it's uncanny. For those who have the cd, the photos on the bottom left and top left in the collage of photos are so Schon it's freaky.

Still loving this one. I received the new Unruly Child at the same time in the mail and the White Widdow blows it away.

I just cant agree with that. The White Widdow is good and may well end up rated higher than Unruly Child, but there's no denying that Unruly Child is excellent and a real grower. Its all im playing at the moment!

Also I would say that 'When We Were Young', 'Love Is Blind' and 'Read My Mind' are better than any song on WW. Melodic brilliance.

On a side note:

I just cant agree with that. The White Widdow is good and may well end up rated higher than Unruly Child, but there's no denying that Unruly Child is excellent and a real grower. Its all im playing at the moment!

Also I would say that 'When We Were Young', 'Love Is Blind' and 'Read My Mind' are better than any song on WW. Melodic brilliance.

Lennie!!!! You said so yourself it's a grower....and fuck me is it ever. I love the Unruly Child and it gets better with each spin...I still skip (the majority of the time) first 2 tracks, they suck, plain and simple. And the 3 tracks you mentioned are my top picks along with Very First Time, however I would still rate the White Widdow higher than the Unruly Child and also the H.E.A.T. But those releases do have some better songs than the White Widdow does, but as whole the White Widdow is a stronger release, the guitar playing is sick as are the keys, the songs are all good and the production kills both the other 2 releases mentioned. The flow of it reminds me of the last Brother Firetribe release, minus the lame I Am Rock song at the end of it. However unlike the Brother Firetribe there is no over the top amazing track like Wildest Dreams. Standout tracks on the White Widdow are hard to pick, they are all good, but none will make my greatest ever list...maybe the best ones are We've Got The Wings and Don't Fail Me Now. The track Spirit Of Fire would have fit perfectly on the last Brother Firetribe.

But you have got to agree with the fact that the White Widdow guitarist is a spitting image of Neal Schon in some of those photos in the collage part of the insert.

On a side note:

Lennie!!!! You said so yourself it's a grower....and fuck me is it ever. I love the Unruly Child and it gets better with each spin...I still skip (the majority of the time) first 2 tracks, they suck, plain and simple. And the 3 tracks you mentioned are my top picks along with Very First Time, however I would still rate the White Widdow higher than the Unruly Child and also the H.E.A.T. But those releases do have some better songs than the White Widdow does, but as whole the White Widdow is a stronger release, the guitar playing is sick as are the keys, the songs are all good and the production kills both the other 2 releases mentioned. The flow of it reminds me of the last Brother Firetribe release, minus the lame I Am Rock song at the end of it. However unlike the Brother Firetribe there is no over the top amazing track like Wildest Dreams. Standout tracks on the White Widdow are hard to pick, they are all good, but none will make my greatest ever list...maybe the best ones are We've Got The Wings and Don't Fail Me Now. The track Spirit Of Fire would have fit perfectly on the last Brother Firetribe.

But you have got to agree with the fact that the White Widdow guitarist is a spitting image of Neal Schon in some of those photos in the collage part of the insert.

Lennie ! Now there's a blast from the past!

Yeah, dont get me wrong I love White Widdow, but to claim its better than HEAT is pure madness IMO. The Jap version of HEAT is simply put 12 killer songs and 2 very good songs....as close as you can get to melodic perfection in our beloved genre.

On a side note:

Lennie ! Now there's a blast from the past!

Yeah, dont get me wrong I love White Widdow, but to claim its better than HEAT is pure madness IMO. The Jap version of HEAT is simply put 12 killer songs and 2 very good songs....as close as you can get to melodic perfection in our beloved genre.

Why argue over things that are simply fantastic. I love all three releases mentioned and with that 2010 could be the best year in music buying since I discovered the internet, even better than the mighty 2008 releases and the great 2009 releases.

melodicrock.com reviewed White Widdow & rated it 87% for songs & 86% for sound.

Any thoughts on that?

I was surprised that it didn't rate in the 90-95% range since to my ears it fits into the sound that usually gets the highest marks over at MR.com.

Any thoughts on that?

I was surprised that it didn't rate in the 90-95% range since to my ears it fits into the sound that usually gets the highest marks over at MR.com.

Same thoughts here. Maybe Tasmanians don't like Aussies ?? ;)

Any thoughts on that?

I don't think it is a 90's + album, although 87% is still a very good score and I'd pretty much rated it the same way. 'Freedom Rock' from H.e.a.t was rated 86% I think, which deserved a few more in my opinion, as it is a better overall album than the WW. He also rated Houston better than both at 92%, which will I am sure get tongues a wagging They are all good discs though that's for sure, and the marks are only one persons opinion though after all, so...

Any thoughts on that?

:lol:

Any thoughts on that?

:lol:

:lol: I like that too.

87% is a good score but like others mention, I'd personally rate it higher than many other albums that have rated higher over at mr.com... namely that Houston CD, easily.

• 3 weeks later...