White Widdow

melodicrockoz

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tip Andre. Do you know where I can dl their demo ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

saw these guys over the weekend and they were brillaint. even better than last time i saw them.

probably the only problem was that they were on last and I don't think hit the stage until 12.30am. I think a few folks had started to drift off by then which thinned the crowd.

they had more of their eps to give out at this gig too. (sorry guys, i didn't chase up any spares...)

took a few photos and videos so will try to get some of these up in the coming days.

by the way, anyone going to see pretty boy floyd in sydney will be able to catch these guys playing.

strangely enough, deadthings are playing in melbourne and white widdow in sydney.

Awesome news. I'll be there and almost looking forward to White Widdow as much as PBF. :)

• 2 months later...

I was lucky enough to grab an EP which were being handed out last night, but you can download the three songs off the EP here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v0peu6

Man, these guys were absolutely awesome last night! These three amazing songs on the EP are not flukes, that's for sure. Their whole set was immaculate pieces of melodic rock. I only pray they don't wind up like Teargas with some of the best melodic rock to ever come out of Australia remaining unrecorded. I'm really looking forward to this debut asap!!!

I was lucky enough to grab an EP which were being handed out last night, but you can download the three songs off the EP here:

Man, these guys were absolutely awesome last night! These three amazing songs on the EP are not flukes, that's for sure. Their whole set was immaculate pieces of melodic rock. I only pray they don't wind up like Teargas with some of the best melodic rock to ever come out of Australia remaining unrecorded. I'm really looking forward to this debut asap!!!

Yeah ! I've got one of those as well - thanks to Andre :drink: - and it is great stuff !!

Yeah ! I've got one of those as well - thanks to Andre :drink: - and it is great stuff !!

Glad you are enjoying it Bernd, the band may have another 3 track e.p out early next year to rock out to :beerbang:

Glad you are enjoying it Bernd, the band may have another 3 track e.p out early next year to rock out to :beerbang:

Great to hear, Andre !! Try to grab one for me, please !! :beerbang:

Wow - can't believe bands like this are still coming out in 2009. Love the pomp keyboards. Remind me of Storyteller. Promising stuff, would definitely pick up a CD (think one is due in 2010).

Well, it ought to go back mainstream. People are not buying records anymore because what's sold sucks, plain and simple. The 00's standard of Hip Pop: soulless R&B with Pop music sensibilities and Rap music beats is obsolete and has been proven dysfunctional. Tuneless nonsense. AOR has the right package, I've been promoting around a bit and people love this stuff. It's scammers who have been selling junk for gold, in an attempt to fill their own wallets while failing to deliver. Reinvention to this, it's people's choice. Existing record companies will have to change their ways, new record companies will see the light of day. Let Frontiers Records grow bigger so they'll secure a position in the market, I heard they recently opened a US office. This sounds like the real deal BTW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone know how far away the album is, or who is producing it?

Isn't there a thread about Chris Laney producing?

Please don't be pulling my leg, cousin. Because if you're right and this is true, based on the full set I heard from these guys a few months ago, this will crack the top 5 this year... if that's right.