WTF happened to the CDBABY website ?

Swazi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno bout everything else in their business, but it wouldnt surprise me if the phone problem isnt due to staff cutbacks in this current climate.

I doubt they are a company that feels the answering the phone is where they make their money, so cutting back staff in that dept would probably be a no brainer.

Sadly, that just means the few phone calls they had, that were handled by more people has now gone the other way, with lots more people phoning to ask questions about the changes, but now there are fewer people to answer the phones.

Alternatively, it could just be because they didnt receive that many calls in the past, that they were always able to answer, but now lots more people are phoning to complain, and they just cant cope. <<

Ohhhh, I'm with ya on the cutbacks theory. I'm thinking they have one person answering a phone - but not today! I've called plenty of times in the past and have never had a problem. Now, when I NEED to speak with them, since they're causing me to have a problem with an artist, noone answers. I wouldn't "NEED" to speak with them if they'd respond to my eMails regarding the matter. But, that's not happening either ...

The sale to Discmakers was a huge mistake and I called it from the start.

COME BACK DEREK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Companies dont have their priorities straight like this are all too common these days.

Its one of the reasons that I am glad I no longer work for the company I worked for for the last 15 years.

They are constantly bitching that the stores all need to cut labour, then start bitching at you cause theres shit loads of calls going unanswered (nearly all their money comes from people ordering over the phone).

What they dont seem to understand is, if you have more people on the phones, you will take more orders, thus the money coming in, will balance the extra costs on labour.

All they ever look at though are those shifts where the takings are lower than expected, and bitch to you on a daily basis, despite the fact that your targets are weekly based, not daily, so in essence, one or two bad days can easily be recouped by busier weekend days.

Their logic is ass backwards that the way to make more money is to cut everyones hours, despite the constant stream of customers.

As an example, go back 10-15 years ago, when we were less busy, on a Fri or Sat evening, we would have a minimum of 4 people who just answered phones, with managers and several other staff who could multi task.

These days you have pretty much two people on the phones, and every other job has one person on it, so they cant leave that job to answer the phones.

Tell me how come we made more profit 10-15 years ago with at least twice the staff, yet now we have to cut back because we are overspending?

And this started long before the current financial climate.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone of you guys buy from CDBaby lately ? Did you get your CD's ?

A friend of mine in Germany ordered about 4 weeks ago, paid and received nothing. No confirmation email, no CD's, nothing. And they don't respond to his emails either. :wtf:

...As of right now I have been waiting, listening to their "hold music" for close to 40 minutes ... Speaker phones are useful, might as well see how long it takes. <<

I finally gave up after an hour and 15 minutes ... what the hell .................................

Well, there is an improvement then... if you call today there is a nice cheerful automated voice advising you the waiting will be between 4 to 8 HOURS :fun_84:

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I want to let you guys know that CDBaby has finally re-introduced shipping with "No Plastic". This reduces the shipping cost tremendously, especially for international shipments. It has taken the new owners a long time .......

I have just placed my first order with the new CDBaby and I will keep you updated on how things develop.

OK, I want to let you guys know that CDBaby has finally re-introduced shipping with "No Plastic". This reduces the shipping cost tremendously, especially for international shipments. It has taken the new owners a long time .......

I have just placed my first order with the new CDBaby and I will keep you updated on how things develop.

I can't see it. How much for multiple items?

After checkout you can choose this option. Pretty straightforward really. For 7 CD's to Germany I paid $15,79. Previously this would have cost $21,70.

After checkout you can choose this option. Pretty straightforward really. For 7 CD's to Germany I paid $15,79. Previously this would have cost $21,70.

Would love to see how this pans out... let us know good man.

Aha! You mean previously with jewel cases not "previously" (before the increasing shipping policy) without cases as it was something like $9???

Aha! You mean previously with jewel cases not "previously" (before the increasing shipping policy) without cases as it was something like $9???

Those prices are in the past. After the last USPS price bump $9 for 7 CDs would be quite marginal, especially if you want 'em packed in more than plain paper envelope.

Those prices are in the past. After the last USPS price bump $9 for 7 CDs would be quite marginal, especially if you want 'em packed in more than plain paper envelope.

the usps bump does not excuse $55 for express (previous price $25...), as for the "marginal" thing I've got 24 cds (2 digi+22 without) for $11 from Denis in the recent past. Ask him... :christmas: Now it's $12.95...

$12.95 is via flat rate priority envelope. It can take up to 4lbs (2kg) but in reality you cannot stuff more than 25-30 CDs in it (w/o jewel cases). Same size envelope, but EXPRESS (EMS) is $27.95

If you go by weight, 4 lbs package will hit $55+ if sent via EMS

I'm shocked Denis agreed to ship an unregistered priority package to your location, it is definitely not in his style. Or perhaps you must have paid him instantly via Western Union (no paypal) yes?

OK, guys, kudos to CDBaby ! :drink:

The CD's arrived today. All of them. They were very well packed and shipped from New Zealand. I should also mention that CDBaby sent me an order confirmation and a shipment confirmation, all in a reasonable timeframe. Actually there is nothing to complain about.

CBBaby seem to have resolved their recent issues.

Good ! This way they will get further orders from me. :)

So you agree with me that 7 cds to Germany can't cost MORE than 25-30 cds... :tumbsup:

To the contrary my friend! I just told you the cheapest way one can send using flat-rate envelopes. Not every seller/business will go out of their way trying to figure how to pack CDs safely in flat-rate envelopes.

If you put 7 CDs in a card box with some cushion as normal people would do and ship using the variable weight, it will cost as follows:

postage-germany.jpg

The CD's arrived today. All of them. They were very well packed and shipped from New Zealand...

New Zealand? You mean Portalnd, Oregon, right?

No, Iordan, the envelope has an air post sticker on it, which says "PO Box 91995, Auckland Mail Centre, Auckland 1142, New Zealand".

There is no price mentioned anywhere, though, which is strange.

So you agree with me that 7 cds to Germany can't cost MORE than 25-30 cds... :tumbsup:

To the contrary my friend! I just told you the cheapest way one can send using flat-rate envelopes. Not every seller/business will go out of their way trying to figure how to pack CDs safely in flat-rate envelopes.

If you put 7 CDs in a card box with some cushion as normal people would do and ship using the variable weight, it will cost as follows:

What are you trying to say?? From the first class in School we learn that we can't compare cats with elephants. Swazi paid that price ($16) for 7 cds WITHOUT CASES. You're trying to prove what? That shipping with cases is more expensive than shipping without haha?? So I don't know with whom "normal" people you're dealing with but I have gotten 13 SEALED cds and 2 SEALED tapes in the recent past for $12.95. I can't remember which fucking box was used ("small", "medium" or "large") but it's the truth. So MY normal people ship for less & we're both happy. If you can't accept that, it's not my problem.

The CD's arrived today. All of them. They were very well packed and shipped from New Zealand...

New Zealand? You mean Portalnd, Oregon, right?

No, Iordan, the envelope has an air post sticker on it, which says "PO Box 91995, Auckland Mail Centre, Auckland 1142, New Zealand".

There is no price mentioned anywhere, though, which is strange.

I was also baffled by this. If they're coming from NZ, we in Australia should be paying chumps change for shipping as it's just across the little lake out our front door!

I'm just giving you prices and explaining to you so you'd know how things go. Not everyone knows about flat-rate envelopes, and some postal offices refuse to accept such envelopes if they are overstuffed and "too bulky" so not many sellers use em. The "regular" way to ship is to put the cds in a box and pay according to what it weights - I've given you the prices and the online calculator, employ your first-grade skills and use em.

"13 SEALED cds and 2 SEALED tapes in the recent past for $12.95" - I'm sorry but this is not true. You cannot stuff more than 8 cds with jewel cases in a 9 1/2" x 12 1/2" flat-rate envelope... maybe 10 if you dont use any packing material whatsoever and stretch the envelope to the absolute maximum, but 13 plus two tapes... dream on

I'm just giving you prices and explaining to you so you'd know how things go. Not everyone knows about flat-rate envelopes, and some postal offices refuse to accept such envelopes if they are overstuffed and "too bulky" so not many sellers use em. The "regular" way to ship is to put the cds in a box and pay according to what it weights - I've given you the prices and the online calculator, employ your first-grade skills and use em.

"13 SEALED cds and 2 SEALED tapes in the recent past for $12.95" - I'm sorry but this is not true. You cannot stuff more than 8 cds with jewel cases in a 9 1/2" x 12 1/2" flat-rate envelope... maybe 10 if you dont use any packing material whatsoever and stretch the envelope to the absolute maximum, but 13 plus two tapes... dream on

You just trying to make me tired without any serious reason. And you don't even admit that you were wrong & missed up things without cases. I said "I can't remember which fucking box was used ("small", "medium" or "large") but it's the truth."

If you are not reading what I exactly write it's not my fault. I don't like dreams (maybe you?) but as I see you like the "size game" what about that Priority International Small Flat-rate Box 5 3/8" x 8 1/2" X 1 3/4" Maximum weight 4 pounds & price $12.95

http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.as...mp;O=0&sd=0

So use your calculator & check the weight of a sealed cd (let's say 120 grams) X 13 = 3.43921 lb, add also 2 tapes & the result will be LESS than 4 pounds. If you can't accept it, leave the expensive California State & go to a better one like Connecticut, Wisconsin etc...pe8aineiapogelia.gif

Oh I know someone is not reading, but that aint me for sure. As you can see from the names (small, medium, large) and the dimensions, those boxes are fixed size.

What this means is that the SMALL box for $12.95 is exactly 5 3/8" x 8 1/2" x 1 3/4" big, or converted into European measurements: (13,7cm x 21,6cm x 4,4cm) - get your ruler and measure around, and you'll see that you can fit 3 (THREE) DVDs or 4 (FOUR) CDs inside, there's no room for more!

I know I'm boring you, but in case someone else may find this info useful, here is what you can fit in the flat rate boxes:

SMALL FLAT RATE BOX ($12.95) - Fits up to 4 CDs with jewel cases, or 12-15 without cases.

MEDIUM FLAT RATE BOX ($41.95) - Fits 42 CDs with jewel cases, or about 100 without cases.

LARGE FLAT RATE BOX ($53.95) - Fits 70 CDs with jewel cases, or about 150-200 without cases. CAUTION! The weight limit when shipped internationally is 20lbs! May be exceeded if the CDs are heavier (have thicker booklets, or are double CDs).

There is also a FLAT RATE ENVELOPE ($12.95) which can fit 8CDs with jewel cases, or 25-30 without.

Have a nice day and easy on the jokes. USPS is a federal institution and the prices are the same throughout all states.

Thanks for the info, Iordan ! :drink:

This shows that CDBaby is still overcharging the overseas customers, but at least the shipping prices have improved since the start of all the changes (take-over). I find these prices to be reasonable now, and no one forces me to buy from CDBaby.

CDBaby does list a few CD's, which you can't get anywhere else, and if you look out for the offers, you do get quite a good deal in the meantime.

Oh I know someone is not reading, but that aint me for sure. As you can see from the names (small, medium, large) and the dimensions, those boxes are fixed size.

What this means is that the SMALL box for $12.95 is exactly 5 3/8" x 8 1/2" x 1 3/4" big, or converted into European measurements: (13,7cm x 21,6cm x 4,4cm) - get your ruler and measure around, and you'll see that you can fit 3 (THREE) DVDs or 4 (FOUR) CDs inside, there's no room for more!

I know I'm boring you, but in case someone else may find this info useful, here is what you can fit in the flat rate boxes:

SMALL FLAT RATE BOX ($12.95) - Fits up to 4 CDs with jewel cases, or 12-15 without cases.

MEDIUM FLAT RATE BOX ($41.95) - Fits 42 CDs with jewel cases, or about 100 without cases.

LARGE FLAT RATE BOX ($53.95) - Fits 70 CDs with jewel cases, or about 150-200 without cases. CAUTION! The weight limit when shipped internationally is 20lbs! May be exceeded if the CDs are heavier (have thicker booklets, or are double CDs).

There is also a FLAT RATE ENVELOPE ($12.95) which can fit 8CDs with jewel cases, or 25-30 without.

Have a nice day and easy on the jokes. USPS is a federal institution and the prices are the same throughout all states.