CRASH THE SYSTEM - "The Crowning"

TIM (2)

Without getting into technicalities, I also personally prefer Leven over Vikstrom. Nothing against Vikstrom; he's fine. To be honest, though, I'd be lying if I said I thought he was better than any of your standard Swedish melodic rock / AOR vocalists, though. For me, Leven's unique sound kind of set himself aside from the rest of the pack and I guess his voice is either a yes or a no, but for me it's a delightful yes. Love it.

I definetly agree, Leven is so particular, Vikstrom sounds average to me, like many other singers, sure he has a clear high voice, but it doesn't grab me.

Mats Leven has also sing for Malmsteen,Therion and other projects that range from power metal, to doom, to AOR.

But that's my point. This is the first time Leven has done AOR, and he hasn't done a good job of it. I doubt Treat would come calling again if Wikstrom decided to leave....

Vocalists apart....there's hardly a filler on this thing*. Im starting to feel I actually prefer this to Place Vendome.....have certainly listened to it more.

[* except maybe 'Take A Chance' :whistle: ]

Vocalists apart....there's hardly a filler on this thing*. Im starting to feel I actually prefer this to Place Vendome.....have certainly listened to it more.

Opening track is a little bit average I guess, but otherwise I agree - it's top class right through. My problem with the Place Vendome is I'm over it now completely, it didn't have great longevity, whereas this is still sounding killer after 30-40 spins....

Opening track is a little bit average I guess, but otherwise I agree - it's top class right through. My problem with the Place Vendome is I'm over it now completely, it didn't have great longevity, whereas this is still sounding killer after 30-40 spins....

Backed, I havent played PV in say 2 months! I actually think that the debut has much better longevity as that still sounds as fresh as when I first heard it. The first half of 'Streets Of Fire' in particularly is far less strong than I first thought.

I can definitely see it falling away in the second half of the year.....esp with some potentially killer releases on the horizon

But that's my point. This is the first time Leven has done AOR, and he hasn't done a good job of it. I doubt Treat would come calling again if Wikstrom decided to leave....

You mean Robert Ernlund? I hope he stay with TREAT forever, Mats Leven has a good carrer even without this band, but without Treat Robert has done nothing, isn't it?

Maybe he is not interested in side pronect.

About Place vendome I must agree, I spin it the first week I buy it, and then not much, I'd die for you is a killer symphonic rock song, It has a place in the compilation I listen in my car.

You mean Robert Ernlund? I hope he stay with TREAT forever, Mats Leven has a good carrer even without this band, but without Treat Robert has done nothing, isn't it?

Maybe he is not interested in side pronect.

About Place vendome I must agree, I spin it the first week I buy it, and then not much, I'd die for you is a killer symphonic rock song, It has a place in the compilation I listen in my car.

Backed on 'I'd Die For You'...the best song on the PV disc. Also love 'A Scene In Reply' and 'Changes'...after that its all good, but not as great as I once thought.

Without getting into technicalities, I also personally prefer Leven over Vikstrom. Nothing against Vikstrom; he's fine. To be honest, though, I'd be lying if I said I thought he was better than any of your standard Swedish melodic rock / AOR vocalists, though. For me, Leven's unique sound kind of set himself aside from the rest of the pack and I guess his voice is either a yes or a no, but for me it's a delightful yes. Love it.

I definetly agree, Leven is so particular, Vikstrom sounds average to me, like many other singers, sure he has a clear high voice, but it doesn't grab me.

Mats Leven has also sing for Malmsteen,Therion and other projects that range from power metal, to doom, to AOR.

Whilst not pure AOR, Treat's 'Muscle in motion' as well as individual tracks with Swedish Erotica like 'Terri' or 'Fire with fire' are close enough to AOR. :)

Wow, surprised to see all you dudes turning on Place Vendome. I haven't heard it too much recently because of an abundance of new discs, but it's still holding up just fine for me. I love it. I'm yet to see if it'll rate higher than this, but I think it will, just.

Wow, surprised to see all you dudes turning on Place Vendome. I haven't heard it too much recently because of an abundance of new discs, but it's still holding up just fine for me. I love it. I'm yet to see if it'll rate higher than this, but I think it will, just.

Ahh, now dont get me wrong, Im not turning on PV...its just that when I first heard it I didnt think it would be topped all year, but now SP and Crash and surpassed it....add to that D2, Gotthard, WET which are sounding likely to better it. HOL maybe (!)..............and then there's a couple of modern releases which im now digging more and of course the unknown quantity which is Treat!

Might not end up in my top 10!

Yeah, I thought it wouldn't be topped either, and so far only Steel Panther has done this. I doubt this WET thing will do much for me, but I hope to Jeebers H Chripes that D2 just destroys all... and Treat too, if it does come out. HOL and Gotthard will both be excellent... but I'd be surprised if they top Place Vendome. Here's hoping they do, though. :)

I believe that he gets more consideration than Vikstrom in the hard rock world.

Ever heard Amaseffer?? FREAKIN amazing prog.... Leven is amazing. One of the best productions ever.

• 2 months later...

Been listening to this one the past coupla days... GREAT CD. For me, the Goran Edman tunes are the standouts; especially "Mysterious". What an excellent tune! :tumbsup:

• 7 years later...