Skillet

Glen

I agree with Glen actually. The vocals are Hinder-ish but that's all. Without getting into the whole Hinder debate again, if this did sound like them then I wouldn't like it! It's actually way more melodic and fresh sounding to me, am actually liking it more than "Comatose". Though the first couple of tracks aren't all that strong. "Don't Awake Me" is an absolutely stunning ballad...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Glen actually. The vocals are Hinder-ish but that's all. Without getting into the whole Hinder debate again, if this did sound like them then I wouldn't like it! It's actually way more melodic and fresh sounding to me, am actually liking it more than "Comatose". Though the first couple of tracks aren't all that strong. "Don't Awake Me" is an absolutely stunning ballad...

We aren't trying to take anything away from this release when comparing it to Hinder. Geoff and I just want you to admit that you actually like Hinder and then we could all get on with our lives. :lol:

We aren't trying to take anything away from this release when comparing it to Hinder. Geoff and I just want you to admit that you actually like Hinder and then we could all get on with our lives. :lol:

Well I did actually play the 2nd Hinder album the other day, but that's because I was in a rush going out and had forgotten to take any CD's to my car before driving off - so as I checked under the drivers seat low & behold I found a dusty/broken-cased Hinder CD. As it was either that or the radio I stuck it on. Sadly I wish I'd listened to the radio because:-

1. it was shit. and...

2. i missed a traffic update on the radio meaning i got stuck for an hour with no music to play

Well I did actually play the 2nd Hinder album the other day, but that's because I was in a rush going out and had forgotten to take any CD's to my car before driving off - so as I checked under the drivers seat low & behold I found a dusty/broken-cased Hinder CD. As it was either that or the radio I stuck it on. Sadly I wish I'd listened to the radio because:-

1. it was shit. and...

2. i missed a traffic update on the radio meaning i got stuck for an hour with no music to play

God knows what it is you dont like about 'Take It To The Limit'....its awesome from beginning to end - about as good as modern rock gets.

1. it was shit. and...

God knows what it is you dont like about 'Take It To The Limit'....its awesome from beginning to end - about as good as modern rock gets.

If that album started with Track 5 and ended with Track 5 then it would indeed be awesome from beginning to end.

BTW: Loving this new Skillet disc, more than the last one. Songs like "Forgiven" and "Don't Awake Me" are stunning - great disc.

1. it was shit. and...

If that album started with Track 5 and ended with Track 5 then it would indeed be awesome from beginning to end.

BTW: Loving this new Skillet disc, more than the last one. Songs like "Forgiven" and "Don't Awake Me" are stunning - great disc.

Yep the new Skillet is a keeper for sure. My fav modern disc this year....by some way!

As for Hinder.......whats the difference between track 5 and the other ballads???? They all pretty much sound the same??