Skillet

Glen

Yeah, I may download a hell of a lot but I also go to lengths to own everything I like on CD. Nothing beats having the real thing and the f*cked up thing is that one day those CDRs (if you rip the MP3's onto CDR and then dispose of or lose MP3's) will one day f*ck up and become a crackling mess.

yeah, im only fucking about, I prefer a cd any day of the year.

[but........they do gather dust, and get carted around my house by my 2 year old :unsure: ]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I may download a hell of a lot but I also go to lengths to own everything I like on CD. Nothing beats having the real thing and the f*cked up thing is that one day those CDRs (if you rip the MP3's onto CDR and then dispose of or lose MP3's) will one day f*ck up and become a crackling mess.

yeah, im only fucking about, I prefer a cd any day of the year.

[but........they do gather dust, and get carted around my house by my 2 year old :unsure: ]

Mmmm appears the 2 deluxe bonus tracks are download only.....and mighty fine they are too. :tumbsup:

In fact the whole album is totally killer. I love it.

Mmmm appears the 2 deluxe bonus tracks are download only......and mighty fine they are too. :tumbsup:

Are you sure? I see a bunch of places on the 'Net selling the physical Deluxe Edition with the bonus tracks. Matter of fact, when I added this to my Want List, I specifically noted to purchase the Deluxe edition just so I could have the bonus tracks. Unless I'm missing something--and God knows it wouldn't be the first time--you can definitely buy an actual CD of this with the bonus tracks included.

Mmmm appears the 2 deluxe bonus tracks are download only......and mighty fine they are too. :tumbsup:

Are you sure? I see a bunch of places on the 'Net selling the physical Deluxe Edition with the bonus tracks. Matter of fact, when I added this to my Want List, I specifically noted to purchase the Deluxe edition just so I could have the bonus tracks. Unless I'm missing something--and God knows it wouldn't be the first time--you can definitely buy an actual CD of this with the bonus tracks included.

Nah, youre probably right.......just couldnt see it on Amazon, and they usually have everything.

Cheers.

Nah, youre probably right.......just couldnt see it on Amazon, and they usually have everything.

Allow me to help. B)

Skillet: "Awake" (Deluxe Edition)

For all my assistance, please purchase 2 copies and send me one. Thanks. You're the best. :)

Allow me to help. B)

Skillet: "Awake" (Deluxe Edition)

For all my assistance, please purchase 2 copies and send me one. Thanks. You're the best. :)

yep that will be the one :-)

would love to help you out mate but i already have my purchased itunes download nicely loaded on my i-poodle for a measly 7 squid.....deluxe and all. :tumbsup:

30 second clips of all songs

http://www.hearitfirst.com/artisthome.aspx...;artist_id=1659

Not sure if the quality is quite up to Comatose, but still sounds good.

:woot: I'm lovin' what I'm hearing on those clips! If it's not as good as Comatose, then it's damn close. I think I might be looking at my 2009 album of the year right there. Can't wait for this thing. "One Day Too Late" and "Should've When You Could've" were masterpieces. I actually think the single "Hero" was one of the worst tracks on there, and even that one is solid. These guys and gals are awesome! I love the fact that they'll do the Christian songs as well as the boy/girl love songs as well. Bravo.

yep sounded good...not sure if anything there to compete with Rebirthing or Last Night but we'll see.

Defo looking forward to it!

How wrong can you be..........definitely a lot on here to compete with those 2 tracks.

'Awake & Alive' definitely competes with Rebirthing and 'Lucy' is an awesome ballad (the last minute and a half is particularly excellent!) - might be the best ballad ive heard all year and easily competes with anything on Comatose.

Yep, I bought my copy already. It's the regular version though, not the deluxe edition (damn Best Buy what are they thinking). Definitely sweet music to my ears. I don't think it quite tops Comatose but it's a darn good follow-up. My favorites so far would have to be "One Day Too Late", "Should've When You Could've", "Alive and Awake", and "Lucy". My least favorite track is probably the current single "Hero". All in all a great release and it definitely keeps them as my favorite Christian hard rock act going right now.

My favorites so far would have to be "One Day Too Late", "Should've When You Could've", "Alive and Awake", and "Lucy". My least favorite track is probably the current single "Hero".

Can I get a hell yeah? I haven't made it to 'Lucy' yet (up to track 10 as we speak) but this is good and I agree with the above comments. It's good to see them generally sticking to the more balladic tracks as that is no doubt their strength. The songs mentioned there are my faves and the slow rockers like 'Hero', 'Monster' and this one, 'Sometimes' are the weaker tracks. Though they still have some good choruses. After a few spins I'll probably dig them too.

Is it just me or, aside from the lyrics, have these guys spent a lot of time in Hinder's school of how to write a ballad? Man, half these tracks could be lifted off a Hinder disc... I say in compliment. Very good album so far and it'll rate very high this year.

Wow @ 'Lucy' and 'Would it matter'. Brilliant stuff. 'Would it matter' is close to the best thing on this disc. 'Never surrender' and 'Dead inside' are both great too. Sorry Chris, but deluxe edition of this this just got made essential.

Wow @ 'Lucy' and 'Would it matter'. Brilliant stuff. 'Would it matter' is close to the best thing on this disc. 'Never surrender' and 'Dead inside' are both great too. Sorry Chris, but deluxe edition of this this just got made essential.

backed.....some great songs towards the end of the disc (errr i mean cdr of my itunes download)

Dammit, I should have held off and ordered the deluxe edition. But, I was standing there at Best Buy with the regular version in my hands. I just couldn't put it back. I didn't have the willpower. I am weak, lol.

Is this out? Can't find it anywhere?

Hey?? just look anywhere....Amazon eg. Dont get that version tho..........make sure you get the deluxe version with the bonus tracks.

Cheers

I just crossed the border and picked this one up in the States. Sounds pretty good, reminds me alot of Hinder without the 80's hair rock vibe. It has of a more modern Shinedown/Nickelback sound to it. I'm seriously surprissed Tim likes this, the vocalist sounds like he's the twin of the dude from Hinder and i know he dislikes them.

4hrs later......

After a few spins, I can confirm the Hinder vocal thing. One Day Too Late sounds like it should have been on the last Hinder release. Hero and Monster should not have been placed one after the other, they sound too similar. Awake And Alive is far and away the best track on this one, it should have been the first single, stunning!!! The closer Lucy is also excellent. 12 tracks and 42 minutes is perfect, no time to get bored. I miss those days when all discs were 10 to 12 tracks and about 40 to 48 minutes. Sometimes I think they try to cram too much on a disc, thus creating too many fillers, which this release has non of. Good stuff, might make the top 10 at the year's end....might.

I just crossed the border and picked this one up in the States. Sounds pretty good, reminds me alot of Hinder without the 80's hair rock vibe. It has of a more modern Shinedown/Nickelback sound to it. I'm seriously surprissed Tim likes this, the vocalist sounds like he's the twin of the dude from Hinder and i know he dislikes them.

4hrs later......

After a few spins, I can confirm the Hinder vocal thing. One Day Too Late sounds like it should have been on the last Hinder release. Hero and Monster should not have been placed one after the other, they sound too similar. Awake And Alive is far and away the best track on this one, it should have been the first single, stunning!!! The closer Lucy is also excellent. 12 tracks and 42 minutes is perfect, no time to get bored. I miss those days when all discs were 10 to 12 tracks and about 40 to 48 minutes. Sometimes I think they try to cram too much on a disc, thus creating too many fillers, which this release has non of. Good stuff, might make the top 10 at the year's end....might.

Totally killer release..........looks like you havent picked up the deluxe version either?? 2 v good bonus tracks youre missing.

4hrs later......

Totally killer release..........looks like you havent picked up the deluxe version either?? 2 v good bonus tracks youre missing.

I don't normally hunt down deluxe editions, unless they are the same price. Target only had the 12 track version, it only cost 9.99$.

In general, the 2009 Modern Rock releases are nowhere near as good as they were in 2008. This year Skillet may be near the top of the heap but if it were last year I don't think I would feel the same way .

4hrs later......

I don't normally hunt down deluxe editions, unless they are the same price. Target only had the 12 track version, it only cost 9.99$.

In general, the 2009 Modern Rock releases are nowhere near as good as they were in 2008. This year Skillet may be near the top of the heap but if it were last year I don't think I would feel the same way .

That's what Geoff said too.......Im very happy with my top 10 modern releases so far in 2009. All excellent to these ears.

To be honest the only releases from 2008 which would top any of them would be Hinder, Story Of The Year and Blind......& perhaps Shinedown as well.

But for me, Skillet, Daughtry, Adelitas Way, New Device, Veer Union, Nural etc are all excellent releases.

Cheers

4hrs later......

Good to hear another Hinder comparison. As I said in one of my posts, most these ballad tracks could easily be from a Hinder disc.

Good to hear another Hinder comparison.

No it's not.

Dont worry Tim it sounds like Comatose mark II - in other words excellent.

I guess his vocals are reminiscent of the guy from Hinder..............

Good to hear another Hinder comparison.

No it's not.

Dont worry Tim it sounds like Comatose mark II - in other words excellent.

I guess his vocals are reminiscent of the guy from Hinder..............

Dood, they are identical. But it's not just the vocals. Seriously, those ballads are 100% in the style of Hinder's song writing. Both bands are excellent, but there is no denying these guys are deadringers for Hinder (minus the "party" tracks and simpler lyrics).

I totally agree with the Hinder comments.

OK there's a couple of ballads that sound like Hinder, but songs like 'Monster', 'Awake & Alive' etc etc sound nothing like Hinder at all.