Dont quite get these jokes seeing as it was nearly a year between the original release and the cool release, which is far more than all these albums released in multiple versions at the same time.

Jesus, if any album deserves to have more fun poked at it its the Slash one which came in about six different versions originally, before being released in a collectors format a few months later.

Its also far better than the Iron Maiden reissues that seemed to be done every year or two, with different bonuses on each issue.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the "ANIMAL ATTRACTION + 4" is scheduled for release about 2 weeks after the original release. Can't wait to buy this one twice. :popcorn:

I heard a rumour 'bout the Animal Attraction + 8 (Leopard Edition) being released a month after the original. That´s the one to aim for... ;)

Is that with real leopard fur-lined jewel case? ;)

:christmas:

looks like a great buy that one!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, just heard the title track on their FB page and it sounds like Pyromania/Hysteria era Def Leppard, especially on the chorus.

Sounds just like Joe Elliot in some places.

Wow, just heard the title track on their FB page and it sounds like Pyromania/Hysteria era Def Leppard, especially on the chorus.

Awesome track! The chorus is BIG à la Def Leppard.

Backed - very good track....in fact ive liked all three that ive heard.

I'm finding all of these a little disappointing. Is it just me?

Will need to give each one another try...

Yes

Yes

Expected that! I know the consensus is that they're good songs, but I'm struggling to hear anything outstanding in them. I'm not conceding defeat yet though...

UK version to have bonus track apparently.

Sadly its one thats already been available for download as the b-side to the single Hot, but on the plus side its a fantastic song and deserves to be on the album.

312088_260866543946456_136438589722586_888733_728493377_n.jpg

So, samples are up for all songs over at amazon:

Animal Attraction

I liked the debut, but thought it was far from flawless. The new one sounds like a step up to me, seems like they found their style. I still think I wouldn't listen to this band if they didn't have that big major-label production, as I think that Oli is a pretty average singer.

The samples are fantastic. The progression sounds brilliant and I loved the debut.

As much as the title track reminds me of Def Leppard the sample from the ballad track Fantasy takes it to an all new level.

2011 has been great for AOR, but it was seriously lacking some balls like 2010 which had Crazy Lixx, Crashdiet and Reckless Love (to an extent)...This along with Balls Out from Steel Panther will certainly end the year on a high note. It's time for some fun music.

I find it quite humourous that Amazon UK dispatched my copy today and now they are already out of stock.

Shoot, I didn't know it was already available. Just ordered mine from Amazon UK. :headbanger:

Listened to it this morning, and listening to it again now.

Great album.

Early indications say that its not quite as good as the debut, but its early days yet and its a slightly different sounding album.

Theres certainly a Def Leppard sound running through several of the songs, and a Bon Jovi influence here and there, but its still defo a Reckless Love album.

I think Hot was a poor choice as an opening single, as it really isnt representative of the whole album, much in the same way Back to paradise wouldnt have been a good first single for the debut album.

The album rocks a lot more than the Euro poppy Hot.

Defo gonna be near the top of my top five this year.

Got word from Amazon UK this morning that my copy has shipped so it is back in stock now. :headbanger:

I pre-ordered it from Amazon too. Looking forward to it greatly. Is there anything like 'Beautiful bomb' on it?

I'll just wait a few months and get the version with more bonus tracks. I'm sure not gonna pay for the same CD 2 or 3 times... so, I'll wait it out.

I pre-ordered it from Amazon too. Looking forward to it greatly. Is there anything like 'Beautiful bomb' on it?

Not really. This one is a lot less glam in my opinion, and a lot more straight ahead rock.

Fantasy is so close to Love bites by Def Leppard in places, its uncanny, where as On the radio has a definite Bon Jovi You give love a bad name vibe going on.

Coconuts has a David Lee Roth vibe.

Speedin & Fight have a similar vibe to something like One more time from the first album.

Born to break your heart like Fantasy and the title track is another Def Leppard inspired song, with Dance actually having a Slang era Lepp sound.

Dirty Dreams has a proper AOR Journey style vibe going on, but the lyrics are most certainly glam.

Young N Crazy is probably the closest to Beautiful Bomb, but its really not that close.

Having just got through a first spin of this, I'd say 'Dirty Dreams' is probably the closest to 'Beautiful Bomb'.....great hook, although it sounds nothing like Journey to me ??

I really enjoyed this - its a fun album with throwaway lyrics but you cant help just lovin some of these tracks.

As Cap H said there are a few Def Lepp & BJ influenced tracks, but they still retain the Reckless Love sound. 'Fantasy' is like the album's 'Sex' and whilst lush its probably not quite as good. 'Animal Attraction' is total DL....and very cool too, 'Speedin' is a bit like 'Bad Ass', but better IMO. Wish 'Born To Break Your Heart' had a bit more oomph in the chorus, but I still like it. 'Dance' is great - pop orientated, but still with some balls. Talking of balls, I love 'Coconuts' - how classic is that track?? Yeah its cringe worthy, but still inspired!

The winners for me tho are the triple wammy of 'Fight', 'Switchblade Babe' and 'On The Radio'.....love all 3.

Been spinning this for most of the day, and my initial opinions are VERY close to what I thought about the debut album. 5 Stunning tracks with some of the best choruses I have heard this year, 4 good/very good songs with 2 not quite hitting the mark and one blatant filler. Once again a nice split between heavier Def Lepp/Van Halen type stuff and the more AOR/ poppy tracks and very good ballad aswell. Like the debut, my preference goes to the more AOR style stuff on here and again the middle of the album is where it's at for me, tracks 3-7 are all superb with huge choruses one after the other. Again, some mighty fine guitar on here and just the right mount of keys too to fill it all out. Like the debut, it ain't prefect, but boy is it bloody good fun to listen to.

Here's my little run down

Animal Attraction - Two words, 'Def leppard' especially on the vocals. Not the most hummable of choruses, but fairly strong. Good start although not the albums best tune

Speedin' - Great Van Halen'esque heavy riff and nice solo and generally a rock solid song that belts along nicely. One of the strongest harder tracks on the album.

Born To Break Your Heart - Bon Jovi style vocal and chorus,the albums first real killer one. Great song and first of the 6 big tunes on the album

Hot - Very poppy, maybe a little cheezy, but I fucking love it. Majorly good song, massive chorus and as with 'Beautiful Bomb' on the debut, THE obvious single.

Fantasy - 'Sex' from the debut was the big ballad (my favourite song of that year) and 'Fantasy' does it's best, although not quite get there. It's still a damned fine ballad, with the big Whitesnake feel in the verse and solo. Great song

Dirty Dreams - My fave tune from the album. Again quite Poppy but the albums biggest chorus - HUGE. One of those repeat repeat repeat tracks. Fantastico

Dance - The quality continues with another big AOR style track with yet another fantastic chorus (reminds me alot of Savage Garden) and a great guitar solo that delivers big time.

Fight - This didn't do too much for me I must admit and one of the weakest tracks on the album imo. It's not bad and has a good riff, but compared to what's gone before, is just average.

Switchblade Babe - Not a great song. Much the same comments as previously.

On The Radio - Back on track. Again, one of the more commercial choruses on the album and another killer one. Great song

Coconuts - Dave Lee Roth/ Van Halen inspired and not in a good way either. Major Major filler

Young 'N' Crazy - Euro bonus track. 70's Glam rock, done 2011 style - Think The Sweet on steroids, with the added big chanty vocals. Good way to finish the album.

So there you go. This way way exceeded my expectations for album number 2 and is better on the whole than the excellent debut. Like I have said with a few bands in the past, take the best bits of the debut (of which there were many, 5-8 especially) and put them with the best bits on show here (of which there are many 3-7 especially) and you have one hell of an album

I love this album! but I personally think the debut is better, even though the debut is somehow poppier than this one.

Surprisingly, your rundown there Jez is almost the same as mine and I do think 'Coconut' is pretty weak track here even though it's not bad at all, except 'Fight', it is a great heavy uptempo tune and I rate that song alone around 8/10. 'Dance' has patchy verse, chorus is good, but 'Fight' somehow is better for me :)

My strongest picks are 'Born To Break Your Heart', definitely Bon Jovi in all places; 'Hot' the single is also great Euro dancey track; 'Fantasy' is definitely the sequel to 'Sex' but yes 'Sex' is much better and original while 'Fantasy' is more like DL's 'Hysteria' style, predictable but done well; and yeah 'Dirty Dreams' is awesome as hell, it has that Euro-pop feel like the debut.

'Speedin' riffs is more like RATT, but the whole song isn't like RATT though, heavy and the solos is superb while 'Switchblade Babe' definitely Motley Crue injected on the riffs, another good track there, but not the best here.

Overall, an enjoyable party anthem album as usual, and I'll rate this initially at 85% while the debut probably at around 90-95%

Been spinning this for most of the day, and my initial opinions are VERY close to what I thought about the debut album. 5 Stunning tracks with some of the best choruses I have heard this year, 4 good/very good songs with 2 not quite hitting the mark and one blatant filler. Once again a nice split between heavier Def Lepp/Van Halen type stuff and the more AOR/ poppy tracks and very good ballad aswell. Like the debut, my preference goes to the more AOR style stuff on here and again the middle of the album is where it's at for me, tracks 3-7 are all superb with huge choruses one after the other. Again, some mighty fine guitar on here and just the right mount of keys too to fill it all out. Like the debut, it ain't prefect, but boy is it bloody good fun to listen to.

Here's my little run down

Animal Attraction - Two words, 'Def leppard' especially on the vocals. Not the most hummable of choruses, but fairly strong. Good start although not the albums best tune

Speedin' - Great Van Halen'esque heavy riff and nice solo and generally a rock solid song that belts along nicely. One of the strongest harder tracks on the album.

Born To Break Your Heart - Bon Jovi style vocal and chorus,the albums first real killer one. Great song and first of the 6 big tunes on the album

Hot - Very poppy, maybe a little cheezy, but I fucking love it. Majorly good song, massive chorus and as with 'Beautiful Bomb' on the debut, THE obvious single.

Fantasy - 'Sex' from the debut was the big ballad (my favourite song of that year) and 'Fantasy' does it's best, although not quite get there. It's still a damned fine ballad, with the big Whitesnake feel in the verse and solo. Great song

Dirty Dreams - My fave tune from the album. Again quite Poppy but the albums biggest chorus - HUGE. One of those repeat repeat repeat tracks. Fantastico

Dance - The quality continues with another big AOR style track with yet another fantastic chorus (reminds me alot of Savage Garden) and a great guitar solo that delivers big time.

Fight - This didn't do too much for me I must admit and one of the weakest tracks on the album imo. It's not bad and has a good riff, but compared to what's gone before, is just average.

Switchblade Babe - Not a great song. Much the same comments as previously.

On The Radio - Back on track. Again, one of the more commercial choruses on the album and another killer one. Great song

Coconuts - Dave Lee Roth/ Van Halen inspired and not in a good way either. Major Major filler

Young 'N' Crazy - Euro bonus track. 70's Glam rock, done 2011 style - Think The Sweet on steroids, with the added big chanty vocals. Good way to finish the album.

So there you go. This way way exceeded my expectations for album number 2 and is better on the whole than the excellent debut. Like I have said with a few bands in the past, take the best bits of the debut (of which there were many, 5-8 especially) and put them with the best bits on show here (of which there are many 3-7 especially) and you have one hell of an album

Not too far from my early thoughts on it. "Hot" is my pick, and I also think "Coconuts" is garbage (is like something off DLR's "Skyscraper" disc). The heavier tunes are a touch generic, but overall this is really good stuff and they sure know how to write a great chorus. I'm still disappointed overall by the standard of Melodic Rock in 2011 so far, but it's getting better...

Ahhh come on...no love for 'Coconuts' ?? Gotta love that track. So funny.

I mean who else (apart from Steel Panther) could come up with a chorus like 'Big adventure calls, all you need is big balls....coconuts baby!'. Classic.

I also see all the boring gits over at melodic rock.com are moaning their arses off as usual.....production sucks / lyrics are lame / b version of Van Halen.

God has all the fun left this world ??

Reckless Love & Steel Panther rule IMO - putting the fun back into rock.