Reckless Love

dethuniverse

This sort of stuff isn't usually my thing, but I really like this one. "So Yeah" is a shocking track, totally out-of-place on an otherwise killer second half, but the rest is really good. Production is thin but pretty clear, the harmonies are great, and "Beautiful Bomb" is a monster track - and the highlight IMO. They remind me of Tigertailz with a few more keys. Is very strange listening to this type of stuff in 2010, as I don't do so often, and it sounds proper cheesy, but this is really good - better than the last WIG WAM IMO. Though the TREAT album is better than this...

My 3 year old daughter likes 'Beautiful Bomb'.....says it all really. Sounds like it should be on cbeebees

And the video is horrific...

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sort of stuff isn't usually my thing, but I really like this one. "So Yeah" is a shocking track, totally out-of-place on an otherwise killer second half, but the rest is really good. Production is thin but pretty clear, the harmonies are great, and "Beautiful Bomb" is a monster track - and the highlight IMO. They remind me of Tigertailz with a few more keys. Is very strange listening to this type of stuff in 2010, as I don't do so often, and it sounds proper cheesy, but this is really good - better than the last WIG WAM IMO. Though the TREAT album is better than this...

My 3 year old daughter likes 'Beautiful Bomb'.....says it all really. Sounds like it should be on cbeebees

And the video is horrific...

How so? The bomb segments are a little dull to be sure. Not sure why it takes so long to get the woman into a bikini.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, so a few weeks ago someone linked me to the One more time video, and I was impressed.

Downloaded the album straight away, and its been on constant rotation on my MP3 player and PC. (I've since been able to afford a physical copy of the CD).

This album has hooked me like the Steel Panther one did last year.

While the new Ratt album was great, and the new Treat one was a bit disapointing, this surprise release has totally blown me away.

I cannot fault a single song on the album.

And just to top it off, I booked a ticket last night, to go see them at the Barfly in Camden on the 24th.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm quite impressed by these guys! If I could go to my doctor and use a song to tell him, "This is how I want to feel," I would probably use "Beautiful Bomb!" Lots of other great cuts on this disc as well. I am definitely in the category of people who LOVE "Back To Paradise." I hear the comparison to KISS' "I Was Made For Lovin' You" without a doubt, and that's a great thing to me!

i must say, this one seems to be losing it's gloss the more i listen to it.

To be honest I thought this might be the case for me too... but it's not at all. If anything it's establishing itself as a genuinely great disc the more I spin it... not just some instant slice of joy to be overlooked in time. I love it.

In my opinion, every track is killer, and blows away pretty much everything else this year so far.

Even the Ratt one, which is a storming album.

I still prefer the likes of Treat, Crazy Lixx, Crashdiet, HEAT and possibly Pretty Maids, but that's some unfairly strong competition. But it's got a firm grip on that 5/6 spot for me at the moment.

In my opinion, every track is killer, and blows away pretty much everything else this year so far.

I still prefer the likes of Treat, Crazy Lixx, Crashdiet, HEAT and possibly Pretty Maids, but that's some unfairly strong competition. But it's got a firm grip on that 5/6 spot for me at the moment.

I still haven't heard this one but it's gotta be good to be mentioned with those discs you mention there. I hold the CD, CL and PM in high regard right now. The Treat is very good to but I can take or leave the HEAT but there just not my thing I guess.

I'm still really liking the majority of the Reckless Love disc, so I am guessing it will have a high placing with me come years end, although there are soo many good discs so far this year and a lot of competition i.e - H.e.a.t, Scorpions, Treat, Y&T, Molly Hatchet, Crashdiet, FM to mention but a few.

I suppose it depends on what is classified as strong competition.

I thought the Treat album was decidedly average, and what I have heard from those other bands hasnt exactly blown me away. Guess its all a matter of personal choice though.

All I know is I hadnt even heard of these guys til a month or so ago, and after hearing one track, I was hooked enough to get the album straight away, and it hasnt stopped being played since.

Treat and Reckless love are best album of 2010 till now, IMO.

Followed from Wig wam and Crash diet.

I have not yet listen to Y&T and Pretty Maids, I've ordered them 4 days ago from Frontiers.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this song has been released outside Europe as I believe it was available as a downloadable b-side only.

http://rapidshare.com/files/402333461/12_-_Reckless_Love_-_Get_Electric.mp3.html

They actually play this one live at shows.

I also like this band live. They played Download and were pretty damn awesome IMO, both acoustically (where they got a stackful of fans watching) and with their plugged set...

I also like this band live. They played Download and were pretty damn awesome IMO, both acoustically (where they got a stackful of fans watching) and with their plugged set...

playing London mate....i might go.

I got lucky today.

The London Borderline gig went on sale last week, and sold out immediately, long before I got paid and could buy a ticket.

On the off chance today, I checked out Ticketweb and found out its been moved to the Relentless Garage in Islington, and tickets are back on sale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...