Reckless Love

dethuniverse

Cause it's just not as good as the debut Wes!!!! That's why! :beerbang:

Yeah I like the album a lot but there at least 4 tracks on the debut better than anything here. Still a great band!

I agree the debut has the top 3 songs from the band. However I find the new one does have less filler tracks. I made a mixed cd for the car and it is spectacular. 16 tracks 10 from the new one and 6 from the old one. I left of 'Sex' from the debut, just so my wife doesn't cringe and give the eyes of death when my 9 years start singing it.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I like the album a lot but there at least 4 tracks on the debut better than anything here. Still a great band!

I agree the debut has the top 3 songs from the band. However I find the new one does have less filler tracks. I made a mixed cd for the car and it is spectacular. 16 tracks 10 from the new one and 6 from the old one. I left of 'Sex' from the debut, just so my wife doesn't cringe and give the eyes of death when my 9 years start singing it.

What you left Sex off but included Dirty Minds lol ??!

What you left Sex off but included Dirty Minds lol ??!

My 9 year old understands and knows the word Sex, however I'm still a few years away until he catches the meaning of Dirty Minds...he thinks 'virgin' is only a plane and phone company. If it wasn't for the use of the word Fuck on the new Steel Panther, I could almost get away with it as well. Although if his science teacher asked him what DNA was, I'd be scared of the answer he'd give if he listened to Weenie Ride.

Pretty much agree with several comments so far. First off, I love the CD. Really excellent follow up, with a sensational production job. Like others have said, I also think this is a lot more consistent than the debut. The only track I didn't think was great right away was 'Coconuts.' It is a cool, fun song... but easily the weakest on the album, imo.

As for the highlights, some stunners on here and where I might disagree is that the 4 best Reckless Love songs are all on the debut. I'm not saying they're not. They could very well be... but 'Fantasy,' 'On The Radio,' 'Dirty Dreams' and 'Hot' were instantly awesome. Really loved those, but like I say, I thought every song was very good. And even though 'Coconuts' was comparatively weaker than the rest, it's better than a few of the weaker tracks on the debut, I think.

Looking forward to more spins, but great first impression. I really hope this band sticks around for many years to come. Love what they bring to the scene. :)

As for the highlights, some stunners on here and where I might disagree is that the 4 best Reckless Love songs are all on the debut. I'm not saying they're not. They could very well be... but 'Fantasy,' 'On The Radio,' 'Dirty Dreams' and 'Hot' were instantly awesome.

I love this album too, and those songs in particular, but I dont think anyone could say any of those are better than Beautiful Bomb, sex, romance or Wild touch when listened back to back.

For me 'Wild Touch' remains their best song by some way.

As for the highlights, some stunners on here and where I might disagree is that the 4 best Reckless Love songs are all on the debut. I'm not saying they're not. They could very well be... but 'Fantasy,' 'On The Radio,' 'Dirty Dreams' and 'Hot' were instantly awesome.

I love this album too, and those songs in particular, but I dont think anyone could say any of those are better than Beautiful Bomb, sex, romance or Wild touch when listened back to back.

For me 'Wild Touch' remains their best song by some way.

Yeah, 'Beautiful Bomb' is pretty much untouchable, imo - a one in a million type of song. But I think with a few more spins there will be songs on the new CD to mix with the best of the debut. For one, I think 'Fantasy' is a better ballad than 'Sex.' Personally. Lyrics maybe just a little less cringe-worthy, even though both songs are super. 'Wild Touch' is will be pretty hard to top too, though. :)

I'm looking forward to spending good time spinning the new Reckless Love, Steel Panther and White Widdow all back to back with their debuts. I think in all cases the debut will probably edge out the new one, but in all cases it won't be by far and all have produced a brilliant follow-up to brilliant debuts.

Yeah, 'Beautiful Bomb' is pretty much untouchable, imo - a one in a million type of song.

That was and is my fave of theirs too, but I think "Hot" runs it close.

My 3 favs. in order are ROMANCE, WILD TOUCH and BORN TO BREAK YOUR HEART!

This album is consistent as hell & very fresh - love the varied styles. I just rated this one at 88% - higher than I thought and pretty much on a par with the debut. Love this band!!

• 2 months later...

I loved the debut cd. But I really couldn't get into the second. I agree the production is top notch. Their sophmore cd has more of a modern vibe for my taste. The debut was very 80's sounding. I guess I am truly stuck in the 80's.

Modern vibe? Its a total throwback to 80s era Leppard and dont hear anything modern on it.

That one got me too. Maybe the slightly dancey tone of 'Hot?' But still... wow. Some people are just real creepy. ;)

Yeah but Hot was just the Back to paradise for this album. Nothing new there to the sound. Yes, a bit of euro dance pop, but the same could be said of the BTP as well.

Nothing modern on either album.

Yes, a bit of euro dance pop

This is exactly what I am saying. I little bit is too much for me. I understand some bands want to stay "fresh" and I respect that(they can play however they want). But thats not my listening preference.

This is exactly what I am saying. I little bit is too much for me. I understand some bands want to stay "fresh" and I respect that(they can play however they want). But thats not my listening preference.

And that was on one song, just as it was on the debut album.

You see to me 'Hot' and 'Dance' were two of the best songs on the album.

You see to me 'Hot' and 'Dance' were two of the best songs on the album.

Because they are. To be honest, if you're dismissing an album for stuff like this then there's no point even trying, imo. I'd just stick to old CDs and not even take a peek at anything new. Because where's the point, if the difference between a good song and a bad song has nothing to do with the song at all, but rather whether there is a modern element in the song at all, which - gasp, it's 2012 - is probably going to be the case more often than not, now that it's 2012 and all. ;)

But the point still remains that 99% of both albums is 100% 80s rock, and 1% euro dance pop infused (which is not exactly modern either).

Back to paradise was a great tune, and so is Hot.

I must admit I wasnt taken straight away with Hot, and still think it was a misleading first single considering how different it was to the rest of the album, but on repeated listens I have to admit how good the song is.

I hope no one feels disrespected because of my opinions. Just plain and simple, I didn't really dig this album for the reasons I have already posted. To each his own. Geoff sums it up probably the best. I guess if someone where to look at my cd collection 99% of it is mid 90's or older. Its true with it being 2012 or any music from such bands during the 00's that they is going to be some modern elements to it. I rarely I mean rarely come across a new band that I like. Usually the only new cds I purchase are ones that were recorded years ago and finally released on cd.

I hope no one feels disrespected because of my opinions. Just plain and simple, I didn't really dig this album for the reasons I have already posted. To each his own. Geoff sums it up probably the best. I guess if someone where to look at my cd collection 99% of it is mid 90's or older. Its true with it being 2012 or any music from such bands during the 00's that they is going to be some modern elements to it. I rarely I mean rarely come across a new band that I like. Usually the only new cds I purchase are ones that were recorded years ago and finally released on cd.

I love the CD but then again around the mid 90s is when I stopped buying CDs coz there was so much rubbish around. This is probably why you are not digging this CD. Music is a time and place thing. I started buying and listening to music in the mid 80s - Whitesnake, Savatage, Bon Jovi, WASP etc. shaped my listening preferences and I am sure if I listened to music 5 years earlier it would have been Journey, Styx etc. I can't imagine what you would like if you were buying rock and metal CDs in the mid 90s... it was too ecelectic, cheap and confusing a time for rock music IMO.

[i love the CD but then again around the mid 90s is when I stopped buying CDs coz there was so much rubbish around. This is probably why you are not digging this CD. Music is a time and place thing. I started buying and listening to music in the mid 80s - Whitesnake, Savatage, Bon Jovi, WASP etc. shaped my listening preferences and I am sure if I listened to music 5 years earlier it would have been Journey, Styx etc. I can't imagine what you would like if you were buying rock and metal CDs in the mid 90s... it was too ecelectic, cheap and confusing a time for rock music IMO.

I too agree that music in the mid 90's were eclectic. The mid nineties and on was a lot of buy and sell for me. In other words I would by a cd on the promise of it having the 80's sound and if I did not like it I would end up selling or trading it. I started getting my own music around early 83. Y&T, Quiet Riot, Kiss and Scorpions were firsts for me. I do occasionally purchase new stuff here and there (H.E.A.T. and Marcello Vestry for example). With the internet now I can usually listen to an entire cd then decide to buy it. Actually I have a pretty healthy collection and have only a list of about 50 cds I want to get to round it off. I have plenty of music to listen to to last a lifetime without getting bored of it. Although I do get excited when a new band comes around and plays it the old school way.