Reckless Love

dethuniverse

I like the new Reckless love, BUT NOT as a whole! There are a few songs on here that I just can't listen to,or even believe that I am listening to a "ROCK" band! Dance is just a BAD song.

No Dance is an excellent song....I love it. Very cool with a great solo!!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, while I still dont think it is as good as the first album, it is a great album, and there is not a bad song on it, and there is not a single song on it that isnt a ROCK song.

Even the most poppy sounding song is a great ROCK song!

I like the new Reckless love, BUT NOT as a whole! There are a few songs on here that I just can't listen to,or even believe that I am listening to a "ROCK" band! Dance is just a BAD song.

I agree, "Dance" is one of my favorite tracks on the album. As a whole there are a couple songs I don't care for but overall I think the album is as good as the first

I agree, "Dance" is one of my favorite tracks on the album. As a whole there are a couple songs I don't care for but overall I think the album is as good as the first

The guitar solo is awesome, I do agree on that.

Great CD!

Just to give my opinion on a few things, some relating to opinions above:

Dance is a great tune!

The one song I don't care much for is the bonus track Young N Crazy.

Coconuts is a fun song, but catchy, very catchy...get over it and have a little fun.

Fantasy a remake of Love Bites? Are we talking Def Leppard Love Bites or? If so, not even close IMO.

More consistent than the first album BUT the first album had a few of the bigger hits for me where this one does not (it's just good and consistent).

Overall, really really liking this one.

Great CD!

Just to give my opinion on a few things, some relating to opinions above:

Dance is a great tune!

The one song I don't care much for is the bonus track Young N Crazy.

Coconuts is a fun song, but catchy, very catchy...get over it and have a little fun.

Fantasy a remake of Love Bites? Are we talking Def Leppard Love Bites or? If so, not even close IMO.

More consistent than the first album BUT the first album had a few of the bigger hits for me where this one does not (it's just good and consistent).

Overall, really really liking this one.

backed on pretty much all that. I dont really get the whole 'Fantasy' sounding Lep (Animal Attraction does for sure!!), esp like 'Love Bites' ??! Hey ho. Also, I love Coconuts....really catchy fun tune.

I'm still waiting on this to come out in the US so I can finally order it.

All the imports seem to be at a fairly high price and the debut was that way too and very hard to find below $20 for a long time.

I paid $16 total for my copy straight from Amazon.uk. Fast shipping too.

I'm still waiting on this to come out in the US so I can finally order it.

All the imports seem to be at a fairly high price and the debut was that way too and very hard to find below $20 for a long time.

I paid $16 total for my copy straight from Amazon.uk. Fast shipping too.

It was $17.13 for me but still cheaper than the Amazon US list price so I went ahead and ordered it. Thanks for the heads up!

I've rated this at 87/100 which is a pretty high rating considering most of the albums I've heard this year going at 60-70% . My opinion is that this is a very good album, but a bit uneven and not as good as the debut as a whole. Still, the highs are REALLY good so definitely worth buying. I also agree that "Coconuts" is an awesome fun tune, 100% DLR-era Van Halen :lol:

I've played through this 3 times now. Love all the songs except Speedin' and Switchblade Babe. Animal Attraction, Hot, Dirty Dreams and Dance are my favs and Fight is really growing on me. Overall a fantastic cd! So is everyone thinking Fantasy sounds like Love Bites simply because they use the line "Love Bites, Love Bleeds" in the song? Personally I think the song sounds more like the track Hysteria than Love Bites but to each his own.

You're both freaks ;-)) Speedin, switchblade babe, hot & dirty dreams are all excellent!!

Looks like this is trying to push into my top 5, but to do so its gotta be better than Vain, and that is excellent. Hmmm, difficult one.

PS glad Coconuts is gettin some love.....great tune!!

You're both freaks ;-)) Speedin, switchblade babe, hot & dirty dreams are all excellent!!

Looks like this is trying to push into my top 5, but to do so its gotta be better than Vain, and that is excellent. Hmmm, difficult one.

+1

on all accounts, including Rick being a freak. :quagmire:

I've played through this 3 times now. Love all the songs except Speedin' and Switchblade Babe. Animal Attraction, Hot, Dirty Dreams and Dance are my favs and Fight is really growing on me. Overall a fantastic cd! So is everyone thinking Fantasy sounds like Love Bites simply because they use the line "Love Bites, Love Bleeds" in the song? Personally I think the song sounds more like the track Hysteria than Love Bites but to each his own.

Actually you are right, it was Hysteria I meant to say rather than Love bites. I hadnt even noticed the line in the song to be fair. Not sure why I said Love bites, probably cause its the first ballad I think of when I think of that album.

I love coconuts as well, great fun, non serious tune.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the cd in today and I like it. I don't think I like it as much as the debut, maybe because I knew what to expect and wasn't blown away like the first time I heard Beautiful Bomb.

Here is my song by song rating

Animal Attraction - 9/10 (great song!)

Speedin' - 8/10 (love the guitar work on this one, needs a bigger chorus.)

Born To Break Your Heart - 9/10 (Bon Jovi to the max)

Hot - 9/10 (loved it 4 months ago and I still love it today)

Fantasy - 8/10 (A great Hysteria sound, very nice)

Dirty Dreams - 9/10 (love this one...awesome!!!)

this is when the album starts slipping

Dance - 7/10 (Good song, very sexy? Poppy? no real catchy chorus, love the cheeky lyrics on this one)

Fight - 7/10 (good pace, I picture this one on a Chris Laney release, although not overly memorable)

Switchblade Babe - 5/10 (a Shotgun Messiah/Crashdiet styled like track that does little for me)

On The Radio - 8/10 (probably the best track on the second half of the release)

Coconuts - 6/10 (DLR VH era, love the idea, just not that great in the end)

Young 'N' Crazy - 8/10 (no clue why this is a bonus track, better than most of the tracks on the second half of the disc)

Breaks down to an average of 7.75/10.

A solid release might make my top 10, in the bottom half of it.

Sophmore Slump. Not near as good as the debut.

:huhsign::crazy::bs::screwy::wtf::baneed:

Just one spin through and it just dont have the edge of the debut.

Im not saying its a bad album but just didnt grab me like the first one did.

i hear way to much Def Leppard and Olli's voice sounds different too.

Im sure more spins will give me more of an appreciation at least i hope it does.

Im sure more spins will give me more of an appreciation at least i hope it does.

The songs are better in general on the debut, but I think Olli's voice is stronger (maybe simply due to better production) on Animal Attraction, however the lyrics are cheesier...hard to believe.

The songs are better in general on the debut, but I think Olli's voice is stronger (maybe simply due to better production) on Animal Attraction, however the lyrics are cheesier...hard to believe.

I'm on my second spin and it's better than the 1st but the quality does fade on the second half of the disc. I might be alone but I enjoyed the more DLR style vocals on the debut so that's what I was expecting but he seems to be holding that back somewhat on this one.