Reckless Love

dethuniverse

Ahhh come on...no love for 'Coconuts' ?? Gotta love that track. So funny.

I mean who else (apart from Steel Panther) could come up with a chorus like 'Big adventure calls, all you need is big balls....coconuts baby!'. Classic.

I also see all the boring gits over at melodic rock.com are moaning their arses off as usual.....production sucks / lyrics are lame / b version of Van Halen.

God has all the fun left this world ??

Reckless Love & Steel Panther rule IMO - putting the fun back into rock.

No love anywhere by the looks of it - 'Coconuts' is pure drivel mate and pure filler of the highest order.

I noted the Melrock comments - as usual, the best thing to do is completely ignore the drivel they write over there. God, does anything make those trolls happy? easy answer.. errr NO.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean who else (apart from Steel Panther) could come up with a chorus like 'Big adventure calls, all you need is big balls....coconuts baby!'. Classic.

I also see all the boring gits over at melodic rock.com are moaning their arses off as usual.....production sucks / lyrics are lame / b version of Van Halen.

No love anywhere by the looks of it - 'Coconuts' is pure drivel mate and pure filler of the highest order.

I noted the Melrock comments - as usual, the best thing to do is completely ignore the drivel they write over there. God, does anything make those trolls happy? easy answer.. errr NO.

So how do I find the Reckless Love discussion over there at melodicrock.com? Not the most user friendly site to navigate thru :anon:

I Like Coconuts, it's pure DLR. By no means the song of the year. This along with the Steel Panther will surely be the fun albums in a year full of serious AOR and some complicated Prog Metal.

But Reckless Love are not taking the pee out of the music and musicians that I enjoyed.

Oh god, please don't rile the Panther fanboys again. :headbanger:

But Reckless Love are not taking the pee out of the music and musicians that I enjoyed.

The fact of the matter is that the lyrics on this album are just as ludicrous & sexually orientated as steel panther

...And right on cue!! :whistle:

Well I wasnt the one making stupid comments above.................

Back on topic, thank you very much

Played this again on the way home, and firmly believe that this will make a very comfortable slot in my top 10, maybe even top 5. Just a great album from start to finish.

The fact of the matter is that the lyrics on this album are just as ludicrous & sexually orientated as steel panther

That's true to some extent but it's a very dull argument now as everyone either loves or hates SP. I've spun RL now about 5 times and am loving it.... I still think the first album is slightly better though...

do you like it better than the debut, Glen ?

A difficult one.......the highs on the debut (Sex, Romance, Wild Touch) are better than any track on 'Animal Attraction', but the newie is damned consistent....so I dont think there will be much in it. Basically love both albums. Great band.

A difficult one.......the highs on the debut (Sex, Romance, Wild Touch) are better than any track on 'Animal Attraction', but the newie is damned consistent....so I dont think there will be much in it. Basically love both albums. Great band.

I marked the debut 86, which is a very good score and even though it was let down a little by a few average tracks, it had the superb 'Sex' which is THE best track they have done so far for me . Saying that, 'Animal Attraction' gets an exceptionally good 90 from me and as Glen says, is more consistent, with less filler and an absolute knockout middle slection of tracks.

Wow, we are all so different. I agree this is a good CD with a killer middle section and probably rates in the very low 80s. However, I really felt the debut was better, maybe it was that they were breath of fresh air and a little different at the time. Also, the best songs on the debut are better than the best songs on AA IMO. I'm concerned that in months and years to come when I feel like some Reckless Love this one will get overlooked unless I do a compilation.

For me, if the new one had a great big standout tune (like "Beautiful Bomb" was IMO) then it would've been just as good an album...

The new album is as hooky and as immediate as the first album no doubt, but its not as good as the debut.

Its certainly a band that is growing, but I am afraid that with the obvious Lep and Jovi influences creeping in, that they may end up losing the sound that grabbed people on the first album.

I love Lep and Jovi, but when I listen to Reckless Love I want to hear Reckless Love.

Certainly going to be one of my top albums of the year, but its not overhauled the Alice Cooper one as I thought it would.

The new album is as hooky and as immediate as the first album no doubt, but its not as good as the debut.

Its certainly a band that is growing, but I am afraid that with the obvious Lep and Jovi influences creeping in, that they may end up losing the sound that grabbed people on the first album.

I love Lep and Jovi, but when I listen to Reckless Love I want to hear Reckless Love.

Certainly going to be one of my top albums of the year, but its not overhauled the Alice Cooper one as I thought it would.

In fairness there's only about 2 or 3 which are Lep/BJ influenced and are they any more so than say 'Romance' from the first album?? Or Wild Touch come to that.

I think they have held their identity pretty well, and produced a more consistent album - I mean let's face it the first 4 songs on the debut didnt exactly set the world alight eh?? Whereas the first 4 songs here are all great IMO??

I cant really hear Leppard on it!

After two listens, I would describe it as Euro-Halen.

I cant really hear Leppard on it!

After two listens, I would describe it as Euro-Halen.

What not on track 1 ??!

Animal attraction and Fantasy are so Hysteria era Leppard, it hurts (I even thought Fantasy was a remake of Love bites).

Also, Dance sounds very similar to the slower tracks on the Slang album.

I didnt really hear any Leppard influence in a song like Romance, to be honest, but on this album not only have they added a lot of Lepp style layered backing vocals, but Olli seems to be doing his best Joe Elliot impression on several tracks.

I have no problem with bands that sound similar to other bands, but to me the debut stood out as being a reasonably unique sounding band, and I just dont want to lose that.

Animal attraction and Fantasy are so Hysteria era Leppard, it hurts (I even thought Fantasy was a remake of Love bites).

Also, Dance sounds very similar to the slower tracks on the Slang album.

I didnt really hear any Leppard influence in a song like Romance, to be honest, but on this album not only have they added a lot of Lepp style layered backing vocals, but Olli seems to be doing his best Joe Elliot impression on several tracks.

I have no problem with bands that sound similar to other bands, but to me the debut stood out as being a reasonably unique sounding band, and I just dont want to lose that.

Romance is bj influenced of course. Sounds nothing like DL !! Only AA sounds like DL to me - the others u mention don't sound that similar?? At least 8 songs sound just like RL to me.

I did hear couple or three Leppard-influence songs on this album, and also on the new White Widdow and Grand Design, so what's with these Leppard thing ?

probably all of the folks and musicians in the world are disappointed with how the real Def Leppard chose their modern alternative path nowadays :christmas:

I like the new Reckless love, BUT NOT as a whole! There are a few songs on here that I just can't listen to,or even believe that I am listening to a "ROCK" band! Dance is just a BAD song.