W.E.T

Jez

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh not bad from the samples... just hope they dont overload JSS on backing vocals as they do on his solo stuff...

Who are the other guys in the clips apart from JSS and the Eclipse and WOA guys?

That would be me. I play the xylophone on the cd. :headbanger:

Yeh not bad from the samples... just hope they dont overload JSS on backing vocals as they do on his solo stuff...

Who are the other guys in the clips apart from JSS and the Eclipse and WOA guys?

I thought you played your flute?

I thought you played your flute?

No Geoff plays the flute and Keef plays the Kazoo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How come all you bastards have heard this and I haven't? :D

How come all you bastards have heard this and I haven't? :D

Damn good question ! I feel left out !! :crying:

Nothings worth 100%........it is bloody good tho.

One or two tracks slip below the awesome level.........not fillers in any way shape or form........so I guess I'd rate it around 90-95%

Solid and good, but not overly memorable to me. It's another JSS project; maybe he's just set the bar so high that each new one has a tough job surpassing the previous one. As I said over at MR, this one gets an 88, not a 98 from me.

Will listen further though...

-Dan

I love the guitar riffs in this one and the production is great, but I still like the Talisman stuff, especially the earlier and middle years. JSS is a very versitile vocalist and can do pretty much any style he wants. That alone makes him a good canidate for projects. I'd really like to see him get a real band again though like Talisman. RIP Marcel Jacob, but that band was damn good. Gary Schutt is a more than capable replacement.

It's another JSS project

Sorry dan but I have to disagree with you.

Ive listened to this straight through now about 4 or 5 times...and it just gets better with each listen.

JSS vocals are spot on......the solos are just smoking (!)....excellent choruses throughout. Really there isnt a weak track on this....I initially thought 'Damage Is Done' might be the weak link, but I love that song now! Real Journey influence in there.

Also, I'll say now that the last 2 tracks are my fav tracks of the year. Absolutely no contest for me. If someone asked me my musical taste - I would play those 2 tracks back and back and say 'there you go!'.

Perfect album for me, and could easily top my album of decade list let alone 2009.

Its that good...............

Ive just been reading over at melrock noticeboard the number of people slagging this album off as 'Jeff by numbers' 'AOR by numbers' etc etc.

Jesus Christ!

If our small community of fans cant appreciate a great melodic rock album such as this and get behind the artist, and stop whinging about digipacks (WTF is wrong with some people??!) etc, this scene is well and truly dead

Quite depressing really.

Ive just been reading over at melrock noticeboard the number of people slagging this album off as 'Jeff by numbers' 'AOR by numbers' etc etc.

Jesus Christ!

If our small community of fans cant appreciate a great melodic rock album such as this and get behind the artist, and stop whinging about digipacks (WTF is wrong with some people??!) etc, this scene is well and truly dead

Quite depressing really.

I haven't heard this disc so I can't comment on it but I feel what your saying since we as fans are sometimes way to hard on our fav artists. Look at the new disc from House of Lords, Danger Danger, Lynch Mob and Winger. All 4 are very good to great discs IMO but there's been complains about them not being as goods as (insert fav album from band here) but who cares if the music is good.

As far as digi-packs go, yes I hate them but if the music is good I'll get over it but I'd much prefer to have a jewel case any day of the week.