No Love Lost - s/t

Geoff

OK, some more throughts no this one.

You know why I love this so much.....sounds like Disciple. Music and vocals.

For example how close is 'Dirty Girl' to 'Falling Star'. Musically and vocally spot on and both are killer tunes :bowdown:

Mate, I wish Disciple could write hooks like this band....

For example how close is 'Dirty Girl' to 'Falling Star'. Musically and vocally spot on and both are killer tunes :bowdown:

Wow, that's a big statement. The last 2 Disciple albums have been pretty killer for me and whilst about half the NLL album is excellent, the other songs are fairly standard fares.

Wow, that's a big statement. The last 2 Disciple albums have been pretty killer for me and whilst about half the NLL album is excellent, the other songs are fairly standard fares.

Sorry mate - I get nothing from the last Disciple (aside from "Whatever Reason"), no matter how many times I play the thing....

Sorry mate - I get nothing from the last Disciple (aside from "Whatever Reason"), no matter how many times I play the thing....

Falling Star is my fav. Absolute killer tune.

Love both bands, but Disciple rock a bit harder. Can't see too many similarities to be honest. I love both bands but overall I prefer the harder rocking nature of Disciple. Though there is material on this NLL disc that easily eclipses Disciple. :) And this vocalist is much better than the dude in Disciple.

Yep, I'm that bored:

1. The Silence ; Awesome opener. I can't believe I called this a filler earlier on. The chorus is excellent, with a real good melodic hard rock hook. Splendid!

2. Start Over ; On any other album this would be the best song on it... but not in this case. Absolutely perfect melodic modern rock. The chorus is amazing.

3. Break Me Now ; Another one I wasn't too fond of, but check out the rhythm guitar action. Good gritty modern rock. This song gets better with every listen. Reminds me of something like Trust Company.

4. Dirty Girl ; GASP! This is magnificent. The pre-chorus is fists in the face... but the kind of fists you press up against and lick. And then the chorus hits you and it's just heaven. Killer track.

5. Tell Me ; I can't say more about this other than it it sheer and utter perfection. My favourite song of 2009 bar none.

6. Never Say Never ; Not bad at all. Some more solid rhythm guitar and a good musical track. Not the best hook of the album, but another good song.

7. So Long ; Did somebody say riff? Well, if not this song said it for you. Again, not the best hook of the disc, thought it is more than adequate. But this is a good uptempo track and a nice change. Love the music track to this one. Great stuff.

8. Stronger ; Sadly, this is where the first filler of the disc creeps into play. Not horrible, but average modern rock.

9. Wasted ; Second favourite on the album. All the best tracks have what I like to call a "taster" chorus first before ripping into a full-blown belter of a chorus. Another simply stunning track.

10. Make It ; Well, even the best albums can't be perfect. Track 10 brings in only the 2nd filler of the disc. Again, not bad by any stretch. Just a filler-ish uneventful song. At the end of the day, though, 8 from 10 ain't bad at all if you ask me.

Yep, I'm that bored:

1. The Silence ; Awesome opener. I can't believe I called this a filler earlier on. The chorus is excellent, with a real good melodic hard rock hook. Splendid!

2. Start Over ; On any other album this would be the best song on it... but not in this case. Absolutely perfect melodic modern rock. The chorus is amazing.

3. Break Me Now ; Another one I wasn't too fond of, but check out the rhythm guitar action. Good gritty modern rock. This song gets better with every listen. Reminds me of something like Trust Company.

4. Dirty Girl ; GASP! This is magnificent. The pre-chorus is fists in the face... but the kind of fists you press up against and lick. And then the chorus hits you and it's just heaven. Killer track.

5. Tell Me ; I can't say more about this other than it it sheer and utter perfection. My favourite song of 2009 bar none.

6. Never Say Never ; Not bad at all. Some more solid rhythm guitar and a good musical track. Not the best hook of the album, but another good song.

7. So Long ; Did somebody say riff? Well, if not this song said it for you. Again, not the best hook of the disc, thought it is more than adequate. But this is a good uptempo track and a nice change. Love the music track to this one. Great stuff.

8. Stronger ; Sadly, this is where the first filler of the disc creeps into play. Not horrible, but average modern rock.

9. Wasted ; Second favourite on the album. All the best tracks have what I like to call a "taster" chorus first before ripping into a full-blown belter of a chorus. Another simply stunning track.

10. Make It ; Well, even the best albums can't be perfect. Track 10 brings in only the 2nd filler of the disc. Again, not bad by any stretch. Just a filler-ish uneventful song. At the end of the day, though, 8 from 10 ain't bad at all if you ask me.

Im not gonna make a list of the songs, cos A. Im not quite as bored as you ;-) and B Mine wouldnt be a million miles from yours.

All I would add is that I rate 'Stronger' a little more highly than you - not bad at all, the opener whilst being solid...i wouldnt describe as awesome....and 'Break Me Now' is a filler.

Still a great album whose highlights are excellent in this order

Tell Me (top 10 song for me in 09)

Wasted

Dirty Girl

Start Over

Cheers

Guess I'm gonna have to download this one & put it on CD. Then buy it again when they actually release it. Bastards.

Guess I'm gonna have to download this one & put it on CD. Then buy it again when they actually release it. Bastards.

Seriously mate, it's worth it. I'm personally really hoping for a physical copy too or there is no doubt it'll get lost in the rubble. But these songs need to be heard properly and if a CDR is your only option, it's a must.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just don't like this one as much as you guys do. I really like the vocals, and there are some stunning tracks ("Tell Me"/"Stronger") and some good ones ("Dirty Girl" & the opening 2 tracks), but I just skip through the rest which are decent but pretty unspectacular IMO.

Still, absolutely love "Tell Me" - killer tune....

So I just don't like this one as much as you guys do. I really like the vocals, and there are some stunning tracks ("Tell Me"/"Stronger") and some good ones ("Dirty Girl" & the opening 2 tracks), but I just skip through the rest which are decent but pretty unspectacular IMO.

Still, absolutely love "Tell Me" - killer tune....

My favs are 'Wasted', 'Tell Me' and 'Dirty Girl'.

The other tracks are good those are the standouts for me.

• 7 years later...

Okay dudes, been going on about this for a while but somehow, I lost this album and I longer possess the MP3s. Any of you dudes still have a link for the album you can send a brother? I miss it muchly.

And for those who missed out on this gem at the time;

(one of my all-time favourite songs);

Seriously mate, it's worth it. I'm personally really hoping for a physical copy too or there is no doubt it'll get lost in the rubble. But these songs need to be heard properly and if a CDR is your only option, it's a must.

or lost completely :lol:

Perhaps you should have burned that cdr too ;)

or lost completely :lol:

Perhaps you should have burned that cdr too ;)

Haha, I didn't go back and read that, but how prophetic!!!

Decent stuff....I suppose it never came out on cd?

Nah mate, these guys came and went as quick as the blink of an eye. The lead vocalist went on to the awesome Star City Meltdown, whom I also believe never released a hard copy album. I have their second album on a Amazon-CD thing, but I'd not recommend it to anyone. The download is all you need.

But yes, it's great stuff.