Impulse Music - Trustworthy store?

I found a cd that I want from the Impulse Music web store. Has anybody bought from them before.

Is it a good store to buy from. Are they a trustworthy store?

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Oh wait a mintue, you're serious. Avoid them like the fucking plague.

Cheers all!!!

I think I stay away.

As I've said before in other threads if you call and talk to a person you're okay.

You just want to call to make sure it's actually in stock since they don't list their items as in or out of stock like NEH does.

Cheers all!!!

I think I stay away.

As I've said before in other threads if you call and talk to a person you're okay.

You just want to call to make sure it's actually in stock since they don't list their items as in or out of stock like NEH does.

It shouldn't be as hard as it is to get somebody to answer the damn phone. From my experience, trying to deal with them is a complete waste of time.

• 7 months later...

I made the mistake of ordering 4 CDs from these idiots at the end of November and not only have they not arrived but they won't answer emails..... so I just put in a claim with visa for non-receipt of goods.....what really sucks is they always seem to have Cds that I want at reasonable prices..... oh well live and learn.....

I bought several Sun City releases from them, 2 out of 4 came scratched (and they were supposed to be new). They were very slow in responding but eventually replaced them. I haven't bought from them since. I did have to resort to calling them (they did not reply to any of my emails).

I made the mistake of ordering 4 CDs from these idiots at the end of November and not only have they not arrived but they won't answer emails..... so I just put in a claim with visa for non-receipt of goods.....what really sucks is they always seem to have Cds that I want at reasonable prices..... oh well live and learn.....

Emailing them is a waste of time but I used to get them on the phone when they were still in Chicago but haven't ordered from them since they moved to Colorado and since their service seems to get worse and worse I probably won't order from them again. Now that I think about it it's probably been a year and a half since I did order from them. It is very sad since they used to be great to order from and for years and years of dealing with them I didn't have any issues at all.

• 5 weeks later...

So I ran across the Impulse site, new to me, and start checking out the stock. Plenty of stuff I've not seen in forever. So much in fact that I decide to check here to see if any post were made about them. Glad I did. Thanks for the heads up (aka horror stories).

So I ran across the Impulse site, new to me, and start checking out the stock. Plenty of stuff I've not seen in forever. So much in fact that I decide to check here to see if any post were made about them. Glad I did. Thanks for the heads up (aka horror stories).

Again if you can reach them by phone that's the way to go since then they can tell you if something is in stock or not.

Again if you can reach them by phone that's the way to go since then they can tell you if something is in stock or not.

The way I look at if they do not answer emails then I am sure there shipping will be about the same!! Good Luck!!

I ordered some CDs from Impulse Music back in the early 90s when they used to advertise in Metal Edge magazine all the time. I had no problems with 'em then, but that was a looooooong time ago.

Clutch, good call!

I don't know how many more people from this site have ordered and NOT had bad experiences with them, but regardless of whether they eventually set the order right or not, for the amount of trouble it takes to get said situation resolved, it's usually worth it to pay a few more bucks and get the CDs from somewhere else, if possible.

Sad too. I used to love ordering from them.

Clutch, good call!

I don't know how many more people from this site have ordered and NOT had bad experiences with them, but regardless of whether they eventually set the order right or not, for the amount of trouble it takes to get said situation resolved, it's usually worth it to pay a few more bucks and get the CDs from somewhere else, if possible.

Sad too. I used to love ordering from them.

Yeah Jay, they may have actually had some of the stuff I was looking for in stock but we'll never know now. Damn shame.

Never had problems, but I was a little bit push-y! :christmas:

So they actually answer your emails?

Yep. Always! And I would say very fast. The first experience wasn't good as there was a late response & no stuff in stock but all the other tries were excellent.

I never had problems back in the mid 90's to early 00's but over the last 4-5 years they never ever answered emails but were always great over the phone. I haven't ordered from them since they moved to Colorado and to be honest after the last couple of dealings I probably won't. NEH is wonderful to deal with and have never had an issue and Mike responds to emails very quickly. Of course sometimes Impulse has some things that NEH doesn't have but those things usually aren't in stock.

• 2 months later...

Anybody have any updates about this site good or bad? I see they have the TRASH - "BURNIN' ROCK" cd that i've been looking for (mine is a boot :angry2:) but was weary about dealing with them after reading this thread...

Anybody have any updates about this site good or bad? I see they have the TRASH - "BURNIN' ROCK" cd that i've been looking for (mine is a boot :angry2:) but was weary about dealing with them after reading this thread...

Call them first to make sure it's in stock and then place your order over the phone. I've never had one issue doing it that way.