Lamb Of God-Wrath

Ace Frehley-Anomaly

Hatebreed-For The Lions

Havoc-Burn

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I'm gonna give this a try even though it will be for nothing in two months plus the new WASP and few other will probably find their way on to this list before it's all said and done.

1. FarCry-High Gear(This disc has gotten more spins than any other for 2009. Excellent stuff IMO)

2. Heaven&Hell-The Devil You Know(This is Metal. While it took a few spins to sink in once it did it's incredible)

3. Winger-Karma(Just got this one but damn this is excellent and so unexpected)

4. Kiss-Sonic Boom(Being a huge Ace fan it's hard for me to admit that this is a damn good return to form and Tommy plays and sings his ass off as does Eric)

5. The Last Vegas-Whatever Gets You Off(Just love the sleazy/early Aerosmith vibe of this one)

6. Danger Danger-Revolve(Might not sound like the early stuff but can't fault this disc one bit. Excellent.)

7. House of Lords-Cartesian Dreams(This is growing into a monster release for me. Much better than it was on the first spin)

8. Ace Frehley-Anomaly(Horrible packaging aside a nice comeback for the spaceman that is a great mix of the 78 solo album with the Trouble Walkin release)

9. Gotthard-Need to Believe(Not as goods as the last two but still a great Melodic Rock disc with great chorus' and memorable songs)

10. Foreigner-Can't Slow Down(Wasn't expecting this to be this good but am thankful that it is.)

11. Lynch Mob-Smoke and Mirrors(Although it didn't sound like Wicked Sensation as promised this is a great bluesy hard rock disc sounding at times like Badlands.)

12. Tango Down-Damage Control(Another great release from Kivel Records.)

13. The Answer-Everyday Demons(This is the way new Classic Rock should be done IMO)

14. Chickenfoot-s/t(A fun rocking good time hard rock disc with a great cast that thankfully doesn't sound like any of the bands that the members come from. A disc that stands on it's own IMO)

15. Reece-Universal Language(I know it's not as good as what David did with Accept or Bangalore Choir but damn this is a good disc and those that skipped it after not like samples are missing out IMO)

16. Saxon-Into the Labyrinth(Another great album from Saxon. These guys just get better with age)

17. Megadeth-Endgame(A thrashy good time that sounds like the second coming of Rust in Peace, although I don't think it's quite as good as United Abominations)

18. Tim Ripper Owens-Play My Game(This was grower from the beginning but I'm glad I gave it a chance since it's damn good disc that stands on it's own from Tim's other projects/bands)

19. Helstar-The King of Hell(Some great metal and vocally an amazing disc from James Rivera and the guys. I highly recommend jamming to "The Garden of Temptation" at full blast.)

20. Charm City Devils-Lets Rock N Roll(At times sounding like AC/DC but at times sounding like something else. I really dug this disc. It don't reinvent the wheel but it's fun all the same. "Pour Me" and "Best of the Worst" are two of my fav songs of the year)

21. Lynyrd Skynyrd-God+Guns

22. Impellitteri-Wicked Maiden

23. Freakshow-s/t

24. Wildstreet-s/t

25. Primal Fear-16.6

26. Alice in Chains-Black Gives Way to Blue

27. Street Legal-Bite the Bullet

28. Shadowsn Fall-Retribution

29. Great White-Rising

30. Stratovarious-Polaris

Turd of the year:

Queensryche-American Soldier

Fav Eonian Releases:

1. Shake City-s/t

2. Strike Twice-s/t

3. Pistol Dawn-Conversation Piece

4. Charlemagne-s/t

5. High Noon-No Turning Back

6. Felony-Helltown Hotel

7. UZI-Madhouse

8. Gynger Lynn-s/t

WOW...now I know who buys all the new releases.

Alright I'm gonna give this a try even though it will be for nothing in two months plus the new WASP and few other will probably find their way on to this list before it's all said and done.

1. FarCry-High Gear(This disc has gotten more spins than any other for 2009. Excellent stuff IMO)

2. Heaven&Hell-The Devil You Know(This is Metal. While it took a few spins to sink in once it did it's incredible)

4. Kiss-Sonic Boom(Being a huge Ace fan it's hard for me to admit that this is a damn good return to form and Tommy plays and sings his ass off as does Eric)

5. The Last Vegas-Whatever Gets You Off(Just love the sleazy/early Aerosmith vibe of this one)

6. Danger Danger-Revolve(Might not sound like the early stuff but can't fault this disc one bit. Excellent.)

7. House of Lords-Cartesian Dreams(This is growing into a monster release for me. Much better than it was on the first spin)

8. Ace Frehley-Anomaly(Horrible packaging aside a nice comeback for the spaceman that is a great mix of the 78 solo album with the Trouble Walkin release)

9. Gotthard-Need to Believe(Not as goods as the last two but still a great Melodic Rock disc with great chorus' and memorable songs)

10. Foreigner-Can't Slow Down(Wasn't expecting this to be this good but am thankful that it is.)

11. Lynch Mob-Smoke and Mirrors(Although it didn't sound like Wicked Sensation as promised this is a great bluesy hard rock disc sounding at times like Badlands.)

13. The Answer-Everyday Demons(This is the way new Classic Rock should be done IMO)

14. Chickenfoot-s/t(A fun rocking good time hard rock disc with a great cast that thankfully doesn't sound like any of the bands that the members come from. A disc that stands on it's own IMO)

15. Reece-Universal Language(I know it's not as good as what David did with Accept or Bangalore Choir but damn this is a good disc and those that skipped it after not like samples are missing out IMO)

16. Saxon-Into the Labyrinth(Another great album from Saxon. These guys just get better with age)

17. Megadeth-Endgame(A thrashy good time that sounds like the second coming of Rust in Peace, although I don't think it's quite as good as United Abominations)

18. Tim Ripper Owens-Play My Game(This was grower from the beginning but I'm glad I gave it a chance since it's damn good disc that stands on it's own from Tim's other projects/bands)

19. Helstar-The King of Hell(Some great metal and vocally an amazing disc from James Rivera and the guys. I highly recommend jamming to "The Garden of Temptation" at full blast.)

20. Charm City Devils-Lets Rock N Roll(At times sounding like AC/DC but at times sounding like something else. I really dug this disc. It don't reinvent the wheel but it's fun all the same. "Pour Me" and "Best of the Worst" are two of my fav songs of the year)

23. Freakshow-s/t

24. Wildstreet-s/t

25. Primal Fear-16.6

29. Great White-Rising

Turd of the year:

Fav Eonian Releases:

1. Shake City-s/t

2. Strike Twice-s/t

4. Charlemagne-s/t

6. Felony-Helltown Hotel

7. UZI-Madhouse

8. Gynger Lynn-s/t

I accidently left Hammerfall's new one off there plus I will buying the new Leverage soon and I'm sure that will be in my top 10. But yeah I've bought so many new discs this year. Really way to many.

Plus I just got the new Anvil disc and it's awesome so it'll be somewhere in the top 15 probably.

23. Freakshow-s/t

24. Wildstreet-s/t

25. Primal Fear-16.6

29. Great White-Rising

Turd of the year:

Fav Eonian Releases:

1. Shake City-s/t

2. Strike Twice-s/t

4. Charlemagne-s/t

6. Felony-Helltown Hotel

7. UZI-Madhouse

8. Gynger Lynn-s/t

I accidently left Hammerfall's new one off there plus I will buying the new Leverage soon and I'm sure that will be in my top 10. But yeah I've bought so many new discs this year. Really way to many.

Plus I just got the new Anvil disc and it's awesome so it'll be somewhere in the top 15 probably.

Sweet, another good one is WOLF - Ravenous top notch power metal.

in no particular order

Foreigner-Can't Slow Down

Transatlantic-Whirlwind

Kiss-Sonc Boom

Sylvan-Force of Gravity

Farcry

Satelite-Nostalgia

Gov't Mule-By a Thread

W.E.T

Blanc Faces

Wolfmother-Cosmic Egg

Turd of the year:

Fav Eonian Releases:

1. Shake City-s/t

2. Strike Twice-s/t

4. Charlemagne-s/t

6. Felony-Helltown Hotel

7. UZI-Madhouse

8. Gynger Lynn-s/t

I like these two and will copy you:

Turd of the year:

Lita Ford - whatever that shit is called, hands down.

Fav Eonian Releases:

1. Strike Twice-s/t

2. Pistol Dawn-Conversation Piece

3. UZI-Madhouse

4. Shake City-s/t

5. Charlemagne-s/t

6. Gynger Lynn-s/t

7. High Noon-No Turning Back

With Felony, Sgt Roxx and Dr Grind to appear in my mailbox any day now. (Strike Twice too, but I already know that'll be my fave).

Most of these will make the cut come years end - No order as of yet

Saga - The Human Condition

Cheap Trick - The Latest

Mastedon - 3

Foreigner - Can't Slow Down

Kiss - Sonic Boom

Sturm Und Drang - Rock 'n' Roll Children

Balance - Equilibium

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gods & Guns

Danger Danger - Revolve

W.E.T - S/T

Dream Theater - Black Clouds And Silver Linings

Saxon - Into the Labyrinth

Heaven And Hell - The Devil You Know

Megadeth - Endgame

Charlie - Kitchens Of Distinction

Shakin' Street - 21st Century Love Channel

Firenote - S/T

Free Spirit - Pale Sister Of Light

Place Vendome - Streets Of Fire

The Poodles - Clash Of The Elements

Bon Jovi - The Circle

Praying Mantis - Sanctuary

Chickenfoot - S/T

Ace Frehley - Anomoly

UFO - The Visitor

Farcry - High Gear

Completely undecided about:

House Of Lords - Cartesian Dreams

Blanc Faces - Falling From The Moon

Outloud - S/T

The Psychics - S/T

Places Of Power - Now is The Hour

Crash The System - The Crowning

Magnum - Into The Valley Of The Moonking

AOR - Journey To L.A

Struggling even to be remembered:

Dare - Arc of The Dawn

Steel Panther - Feel The Steel

Radio Silence - Whose Skin Are You Under Now

Voices Of Rock - High Aand Mighty

Covered Call - Money Never Sleeps

The Lou Gramm Band - S/T

Sadly due to being unemployed for a good portion of the year, I didnt get nearly as many of the new releases this year, so still playing catch up and got quite a few of them on my christmas lists.

Of the albums released this year that I have bought, I probably wont put them in any order, but these are my thoughts (of the ones I can remember that is).

Steel Panther - Feel the steel.

I think everyone knows how much I love these guys, and this album is probably my most played of the year.

While I am not going to rank anything else, this is easily my top album of the year, and I dont care what anyone else says.

Winger - Karma.

Absolutely amazing album, and another one thats been on almost constant rotation since buying it.

Stryper - Murder by pride.

Right up there with my fave Stryper albums. Another stunning release.

Bon Jovi - The Circle.

Only been listening to it for a week or so, and first opinion was 'Meh'. It has grown on me somewhat, but is far from their best 'modern' work.

The Answer - Everyday demons.

Good solid hard rock. Not amazing, but certainly a nice no frills album.

Lita Ford - Wicked wonderland.

Going against every other opinion on this board, but I really like this one. Ok, it falls flat on a few songs, and I have only been listening to it for 2 days, but I personally think its a damn good album.

Bowling For Soup - Sorry for partyin.

Certainly not their finest work, but pretty much standard BFS fare, ie good stuff.

Bulletboys - 10c Billionaire.

Crap.

Danger Danger - Revolve.

Stunning melodic album. Not the rocker many had wanted, but certainly turned out to be a melodic masterpiece.

Enuff Z Nuff - Dissonance.

Was familiar with this already due to owning the Lost in Vegas boot thats been floating around for a while, but still an enjoyable release. Not really one of their best, but certainly better than the dull ? album.

Freakshow - S/T.

I do like it, but it just didnt hook me with any stand out tracks.

Reece - Universal language.

Same as Freakshow really.

Place Vendome - Streets of fire.

Same again.

Spinal Tap - Back from the dead.

Dull and pointless release.

White Trash - 3-D Monkeys in Space.

Not a bad album, but it just didnt do anything for me as it was more like the 2nd album than the debut, imo.

Alias - Never Say Never.

Nice album, but not a patch on the debut. Nice to have it finally officially released though.

I obviously havent included some best ofs and also missed off live albums, as never been that much of a fan of them.

As I say, still so many I want to buy, but just gotta wait.

Going against every other opinion on this board, but I really like this one. Ok, it falls flat on a few songs, and I have only been listening to it for 2 days, but I personally think its a damn good album.

Crap.

Surprising, mate. I too thought the Bulletboys disc was terrible, but if I had to compare it to Lita Ford it's a perfect 10. :lol: But seriously, to each their own. If you dig it I'm glad Lita could make at least one of her fans happy. ;)

I agree with you about Freakshow and Reece, though. Two good discs but not really pulling me in for repeated spins at all.

my latest top list:

hardcore superstar - beg for it

sister - deadboys making noise

babylon bombs - babylons burning

bai bang - are you ready

pretty wild - all the way

steevi jaimz - my private hell

diamond sins - welcome to the freakshow

innocent rosie - bad habbit romance

white widdow - s/t EP

johnny lima - livin out loud

chris laney - pure

cyanide 4 -

penny lane - midnight tales from the funhouse

really like some of the demondoll releases too so these are likely to make an impact too (slam alley + midnight cowboys).

Crap.

Surprising, mate. I too thought the Bulletboys disc was terrible, but if I had to compare it to Lita Ford it's a perfect 10. :lol: But seriously, to each their own. If you dig it I'm glad Lita could make at least one of her fans happy. ;)

I agree with you about Freakshow and Reece, though. Two good discs but not really pulling me in for repeated spins at all.

See I loved the Freakshow upon first listen and then it got put away for a while and I thought maybe I didn't love it like I thought I did then recently I played it at full blast in my stereo and it kicked my ass again. If you want a sleazy in your hard rock that has a pace that never slows down then this is a winner IMO. Plus it's great to run on the the treadmill too when it's playing in my ipod.

Now the Reece most people now how I feel about that disc. I really like it a lot. Sure it's not as good as the BC and Accept discs from his past but it's still a damn good album that seems to get better with every spin.

Turd of the year:

Fav Eonian Releases:

1. Shake City-s/t

2. Strike Twice-s/t

4. Charlemagne-s/t

6. Felony-Helltown Hotel

7. UZI-Madhouse

8. Gynger Lynn-s/t

Turd of the year:

Fav Eonian Releases:

1. Strike Twice-s/t

3. UZI-Madhouse

4. Shake City-s/t

5. Charlemagne-s/t

6. Gynger Lynn-s/t

With Felony, Sgt Roxx and Dr Grind to appear in my mailbox any day now. (Strike Twice too, but I already know that'll be my fave).

I've already seen a used copy of that Lita disc in a FYE record store and it was just released so that was suprising, but considering how bad I've heard it is I guess it's not suprising.

I am suprised that UZI is that high on your list and I thought Gynger Lynn was one of your favs.

I still need to pick up the Sgt Roxx and Dr Grind as well and I'm sure I'll like them.

To be honest my Eonian list changes almost daily since I'm starting to give Gynger Lynn a little higher rating from some of the tunes spinning in my ipod and kicking my butt.

Outloud - S/T

The Psychics - S/T

AOR - Journey To L.A

Huh that suprises me a bit as it seems to keep getting better with each listen for me and I didn't care much for it on first spin to be honest.

Cheap Trick - The Latest

Mastedon - 3

Kiss - Sonic Boom

Balance - Equilibium

Danger Danger - Revolve

W.E.T - S/T

Megadeth - Endgame

Firenote - S/T

Bon Jovi - The Circle

Chickenfoot - S/T

Ace Frehley - Anomoly

UFO - The Visitor

Farcry - High Gear

Outloud - S/T

The Psychics - S/T

AOR - Journey To L.A

Dare - Arc of The Dawn

The Lou Gramm Band - S/T

CHARLIE has a new one? wowow

Cheap Trick - The Latest

Mastedon - 3

Kiss - Sonic Boom

Balance - Equilibium

Danger Danger - Revolve

W.E.T - S/T

Megadeth - Endgame

Firenote - S/T

Bon Jovi - The Circle

Chickenfoot - S/T

Ace Frehley - Anomoly

UFO - The Visitor

Farcry - High Gear

Outloud - S/T

The Psychics - S/T

AOR - Journey To L.A

Dare - Arc of The Dawn

The Lou Gramm Band - S/T

CHARLIE has a new one? wowow

Yep! a couple of months back and it is brilliant too. A mixture of the older stuff and a bit more of an updated sound on certain tracks aswell, so nice and varied throughout. 'Popstar' is certainly one of my fave songs of the year. I got my copy from here.

http://www.voiceprint.co.uk/web/Release/VP495CD/

Outloud - S/T

The Psychics - S/T

AOR - Journey To L.A

Huh that suprises me a bit as it seems to keep getting better with each listen for me and I didn't care much for it on first spin to be honest.

I've played it 10 times or more and I am still not won over, which is very unusual for me with HOL, as I love most of their other stuff. Some tracks I like, but to be honest, it is pretty patchy in places and way behind the last 2 albums and 'Demons Down' which it is getting compared to, absolutely destroys it imo.

Turd of the year:

Fav Eonian Releases:

1. Shake City-s/t

2. Strike Twice-s/t

4. Charlemagne-s/t

6. Felony-Helltown Hotel

7. UZI-Madhouse

8. Gynger Lynn-s/t

Turd of the year:

Fav Eonian Releases:

1. Strike Twice-s/t

3. UZI-Madhouse

4. Shake City-s/t

5. Charlemagne-s/t

6. Gynger Lynn-s/t

I've already seen a used copy of that Lita disc in a FYE record store and it was just released so that was suprising, but considering how bad I've heard it is I guess it's not suprising.

I am suprised that UZI is that high on your list and I thought Gynger Lynn was one of your favs.

I still need to pick up the Sgt Roxx and Dr Grind as well and I'm sure I'll like them.

To be honest my Eonian list changes almost daily since I'm starting to give Gynger Lynn a little higher rating from some of the tunes spinning in my ipod and kicking my butt.

Firstly, just on Freakshow - as I said, it's a pretty good disc but I can't remember one chorus afterwards. It is very consistent, but sadly the choruses are consistently lacking. Reece is also a good disc and I view it as a potential grower. But so far it hasn't really gripped me.

As for the Eonian stuff, yeah, despite the differing sound qualities I really dig the UZI release. Great stuff. I like Gynger Lynn, but do struggle with the sound quality. Songs are great, though.

I really love the Pistol Dawn CD. That one could have been released back in the 80's and would have rated very high for me alongside what else was released then. Love that one. I just hope Strike Twice is as good as I expect it to be. :lol:

Outloud - S/T

The Psychics - S/T

AOR - Journey To L.A

I love the HOL and Crash The System discs, but I am finding each spin offers a new impression. I've been blown away by the Crash the System CD and other times not so much at all. It's an odd one. I like the HOL too, but similar story. Varying opinions on each spin. I like the Outloud disc, I tire of Places of Power and think it's too overdrawn and quite simply I thought the Magnum CD was terrible. Loving the Blanc Faces one, though.

Dare - Arc of The Dawn

The Lou Gramm Band - S/T

Surprised you're not into the VOR disc at all, mate. I really dig that one. I have to agree with Covered Call, though. It's not a bad disc, but struggling to find any desire to spin it repeatedly. As for Lou Gramm, I have admit that's the 2nd worst CD I've heard this year after Lita Ford. I truly hate that one.

Outloud - S/T

The Psychics - S/T

AOR - Journey To L.A

I love the HOL and Crash The System discs, but I am finding each spin offers a new impression. I've been blown away by the Crash the System CD and other times not so much at all. It's an odd one. I like the HOL too, but similar story. Varying opinions on each spin. I like the Outloud disc, I tire of Places of Power and think it's too overdrawn and quite simply I thought the Magnum CD was terrible. Loving the Blanc Faces one, though.

Dare - Arc of The Dawn

The Lou Gramm Band - S/T

Surprised you're not into the VOR disc at all, mate. I really dig that one. I have to agree with Covered Call, though. It's not a bad disc, but struggling to find any desire to spin it repeatedly. As for Lou Gramm, I have admit that's the 2nd worst CD I've heard this year after Lita Ford. I truly hate that one.

VOR has a few good tracks, but the first one murders it for me in all departments. The Lou Gramm I think is good in places and I was especially amazed how good his vocals sound even after his serious illness. It has 3 or 4 good songs, but with what else has been released this year, it is way behind the competition.

in no particular order

Transatlantic-Whirlwind

Kiss-Sonc Boom

Sylvan-Force of Gravity

Farcry

Satelite-Nostalgia

Gov't Mule-By a Thread

W.E.T

Blanc Faces

Wolfmother-Cosmic Egg

a bit late, but add

Place Vendome

Sunstorm

and possibly Grand Design

and still waiting for the new Gotthard and Salute to see if they make the list

in no particular order

Transatlantic-Whirlwind

Kiss-Sonc Boom

Sylvan-Force of Gravity

Farcry

Satelite-Nostalgia

Gov't Mule-By a Thread

W.E.T

Blanc Faces

Wolfmother-Cosmic Egg

a bit late, but add

Place Vendome

Sunstorm

and possibly Grand Design

and still waiting for the new Gotthard and Salute to see if they make the list

still late, but MUST add Mastedon 3(why r the covers different), pout in the ipod, aewsome, really great, some prog, some aor, wonderful!!

Outloud - S/T

The Psychics - S/T

AOR - Journey To L.A

Dare - Arc of The Dawn

The Lou Gramm Band - S/T

VOR has a few good tracks, but the first one murders it for me in all departments.

Yeah that VOR disc has done the dash on me. Thought the first one was pretty patchy but this one is worse.

First couple of tracks are very good.....the quality then falls off a cliff. IMO.

Still a few I need to concentrate on, but this is about the most accurate indication of how I think the year's going so far:

Top 50 MHR albums:

1 . Danger Danger - Revolve

2 . Steel Panther - Feel the steel

3 . Place Vendome - Streets of fire

4 . W.E.T. - s/t

5 . Grand Design - Time elevation

6 . Crash the System - The crowning

7 . Chris Laney - Pure

8 . New Device - Takin' over

9 . Voices of Rock II - High and mighty

10 . Farcry - High gear

11 . Sunstorm - House of dreams

12 . Los Angeles - Neverland

13 . Winger - Karma

14 . Blanc Faces - Falling from the moon

15 . House of Lords - Cartisan dreams

16 . Babylon Bombs - Babylon's burning

17 . Wildstreet - s/t

18 . Tango Down - Damage control

19 . Dirty Penny - Young and reckless

20 . Dynazty - Bring the thunder

21 . Gotthard - Need to believe

22 . Hardcore Superstar - Beg for it

23 . Lynn Allen - Nine

24 . Mama Kin - In the city

25 . The Poodles - Clash of the elements

26 . Firenote - s/t

27 . Jaded Heart - Perfect insanity

28 . Bad Habit - Above and beyond

29 . Cooper Inc. - Pulling the trigger

30 . Bon Jovi - The circle

31 . Last Temptation - Better late than never

32 . Outloud - We'll rock you to hell and back again

33 . Hardline - Leaving the end open

34 . Eye - 2 hearts

35 . Innocent Rosie - Bad habit romance

36 . Bert Heerink - Better yet

37 . Solna - Eurameric

38 . Bai Bang - Are you ready?

39 . S.E.X Department - Rock n' roll suicide

40 . Steevi James- My private hell

41 . The Trophy - The gift of life

42 . Foreigner - Can't slow down

43 . Nigel Dupree Band - Attraction

44 . Renegade Five - Underground universe

45 . Johnny Lima - Livin' out loud

46 . Covered Call - Money never sleeps

47 . Stryper - Murder by pride

48 . Shakra - Everest

49 . Fire - Thrill me

50 . Reece - Universal language

What is absolutely amazing, is there are good titles in my list right up until the mid 70's. I have NEVER seen a year close to that for as long as I've been doing lists like this.

Top 50 Modern rock albums:

1 . Monty Are I - Break through the silence

2 . The Sunstreak - Once upon a lie

3 . Fallbrooke - s/t

4 . No Love Lost - s/t

5 . Boys Like Girls - Love drunk

6 . Faber Drive - Can't keep a secret

7 . Pillar - Confessions

8 . Cavo - Bright nights dark days

9 . Vaeda - Unsafe at any speed

10 . Papa Roach - Metamorphosis

11 . Nural - Entitlement

12 . Skillet - Awake

13 . Exit This Side - Just in case the world ends

14 . Daughtry - Leave this town

15 . The Used - Artwork

16 . Ghosts of Gloria - Voices from the redroom

17 . Decyfer Down - Crash

18 . Heaven Below - Countdown to devil

19 . The Friday Night Boys - Off the deep end

20 . Green Eyed Stare - Sight to behold

21 . Steadlur - Everything is nothing

22 . Dead By Sunrise - Out of the ashes

23 . All Time Low - Nothing personal

24 . Halestorm- s/t

25 . Cartel - Cycles

26 . Stiffkitty - s/t

27 . Destrophy - s/t

28 . Saosin - In search of solid ground

29 . The Veer Union- Against the grain

30 . Atreyu - Congregation of the damned

31 . Burn Halo -s/t

32 . Thousand Foot Krutch - Welcome to the masquerade

33 . Bowling for Soup - Sorry for partyin'

34 . The New Shining - Hedges against the night

35 . Kid Courageous - s/t

36 . Something to Burn - Transitions

37 . Dead By April - s/t

38 . Red - Innocence and Instinct

39 . A Day to Remember - Homesick

40 . Killswitch Engage - s/t

41 . Shyforshy - So in time

42 . Tread - Rise from silence

43 . Takida - The darker instinct

44 . Silverstein - A shipwreck in the sand

45 . The Blackout - The best in town

46 . Venture - Pull the trigger

47 . Silverline - Start to believe

48 . Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Lonely road

49 . Default - Comes and goes

50 . Madina Lake - Attics to eden

Again, albums I like well into the 70's too.

And my 'Unreleased until 2009' list, about to be hit with 4 Eonian CDs very soon:

1 . Pistol Dawn - Conversation peice

2 . Stateline - s/t

3 . Uzi - Madhouse

4 . Allied Nation -Touch n' Go

5 . Hunter - LA Crossfire

6 . Alias - Never Say Never

7 . Shake City - s/t

8 . Charlemagne - s/t

9 . Gynger Lynn - s/t

10 . High Noon - No turning back

no disappoinments at all Geoff?

surely there was something that has let you down...

Haha... I put that comment there and then deleted. But because you asked, these are a few:

Mike Tramp - Rock n' roll circuz ; I know, I know. The guy sucks but I still hope someday he'll deliver again. This started out okay and I thought we were onto something. But we weren't. More crap. :(

Nasty Idols - Boys town ; A good album don't get me wrong, with a couple of gems. But man this is just not holding up to repeated listens at all!

Europe - Last look at eden ; I honestly thought this sounded okay first spin, but honestly most of it is impossible to actuallyl listen to.

Sanction X - The last day ; A solid CD but with guys from Frontline on board I hoped this'd be excellent... but it's not.

Lynch Mob - Smoke and mirrors ; one amazing song, a whole album's worth of disappointments.

Great White - Rising ; I'd have to say this is the first time these guys have really disappointed me. This album, sadly, is just really weak.

Lillian Axe - Sad day on planet earth ; I know they suck these days, but I still hope. This is just terrible.

Bulletboys - 10cc Billionaire ; Another band I still had hope for - rubbish.

Lita Ford - Wicked wonderland ; as noted everywhere, possibly the worst CD I have heard in my life.

Paramore - Brand new eyes ; very disappointing CD. Not awful and the best of this lot, but I expected a lot from these guys.