• ...there is not a single day that goes by that I don't want to split a liberal's head open...
    • I thought I'm the only one who likes them here. I made a thread for their new album (out tomorrow!) but all I got was hate.      
    • Awesome! Really enjoy these guys. 
    • New song 'Venus'. Back on track again, a good one.    
    • Interested to hear more.. not bad. 
    • It has been nearly three years since THE TAKE "Pink & Proud" was listed on the Metallic Blue Records web page as "coming soon".   That sample track "Young Girls In Love" had me waiting with bated breath.   Numerous obstacles were presented in preparation for the album's release, one of which were production issues due to the Covid-19 pandemic.   But alas, it is finally here and I've given my copy a good listen.   The first track is the one that first grabbed my attention 3 years ago.   "Young Girls In Love",  with it's haunting intro and upbeat 80's vibe, sets the stage for the entire album.  Originally recorded in 1985-86, the tracks are full throttle 80's sounding, laced with hook laden, catchy melodies the way we love it.   The production is very eighties oriented with lots of great guitar and loads of keyboards for most of the menu.  Those keyboard duties were shared between Arthur Hall and Janine Stewart.  Vocal duties are handled by Michael Coones on this album and at this time of the band's life, Chris Boudreaux had departed.   THE TAKE hail from Salt Lake City and here are 9 AOR melodic rockers that will remind the listener of such great bands as AVIATOR, HAYWIRE, WORRALL, JT SHELTER and MAY RUN.  They have a unique talent for writing  AOR melodic songs.  So,  if you're into lush or bombastic, breezy melodies, professionally executed then THE TAKE "Pink & Proud" is a must to own.  It's a real gem for 80's AOR melodic rock lovers.  
    • I have just finished listening to the new SOLDIER CD titled "My Window" just released by Metallic Blue Records and what a surprise this one was. Immediately, when the first track "My Window" began to play, my ears were in a state of delight. A bold melodic rock sound laced with sparkling keyboards and vocals layered with harmony background vocals could be heard. This first track was a true grabber, compelling me to want to hear even more. As I continued listening, I wasn't disappointed. Along with a few mellow ballads, there were a number of exciting melodic tracks highlighted by "Cells Are Locked", "Life" and "No Easy Way Out" which brought out the "Quade and CRAAFT influences in their sound. The entire album was a listening experience that was a combination of pure AOR and melodic rock reminding me of BRICKLIN meets PHIL CHRISTIAN blended with influences of QUADE and CRAAFT. The album is fronted by Chris Boudreaux (THE TAKE, BOUDREAUX, HAIL MARY, RESTLESS BREED) in a band that balanced his time with THE TAKE and his band BOUDREAUX that was also just released on the Metallic Blue label. Chris was recruited by a band originally named PALACE to be the frontman and SOLDIER was born. The band played Salt Lake City while they recorded the "My Window" album in 1986. Afterwards, they moved operations to Las Vegas and eventually SOLDIER played all over Hollywood, especially up and down the Sunset Strip. The band frequented Gazzarris, The Troubadour, FM Station, The Roxy, and The Whiskey a Go Go. "My Window" was previously released on cassette only back in 1986 and now we have it on CD with never released bonus tracks. I was very impressed with this explosive AOR album with it's melodious sound, great keyboards and vocals. If you are a fan of CRAAFT (1986), PHIL CHRISTIAN, BRICKLIN or QUADE, you must not let this one get past you. My highest recommendation for a fantastic listen.  
    • I've explained why America is better under Biden and the response is for me to watch a Youtube video. I say Fuck that !  Jobs being created,unemployment down,stock market up,etc.... I don't need any douchebag youtubers to explain anything to me.I can look at the facts myself !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.