Steel Panther

Glen

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up the CD & it is awesome!!!!! :beerbang:

Where the heck did you get from, i cannot find anyone in our city who can get ?

I think you need to do what most people here have done and order it here http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h__1...mp;sprefix=stee

With the fact its priced so cheap (and believe me, I have rarely seen a new CD come out at that price here), and the shipping from the UK being cheap as well, its actually a hell of a lot cheaper to import it yourself than buy it from a local source.

Amazon.com, for instance, is selling it (when its not out of stock) for over $20 US, where as I believe people here are importing it from the UK arm for around $15.

Geoff was one of the first Aussies here to mention he ordered it from Amazon UK, and he said the price was certainly not expensive by any means!

Yep, I ordered mine early from Amazon.uk and it added up to au$17.95, which is absolutely awesome for a new release. Factor into the equation the rising AUD and it's probably about au$15 at the moment! Best money you'll ever spend. Absolutely LOVING this disc.

As Wes says, 'Asian Hooker' is awesome. That riff is head flattening and the chorus is killer... the whole song is. The whole album is! Seriously, love every song. 'Community property', 'Asian Hooker' and 'Girl from Oklahoma' are probably my favourite of the new songs... but there is no doubting how strong the Metal Shop songs are - 'Fat Girl', 'Stripper Girl' and 'Hell's on Fire'... and of course, another older track - 'Death to all but metal' which absolutely shines here. Is there a better way to start an album than 'Fuck the Goo Goo Dolls, they can suck my balls"? :lol: Brilliant.

As I mentioned above, 'Girl from Oklahoma' is one of the best and funniest. Just listening to him sing this sincere little beautiful acoustic ditty; 'Come on pretty baby suck my balls all night'... man, couldn't get it out my head all weekend. :lol: That one and 'Turn out the lights' I think made me laugh aloud the most, but they all get at least a laugh or two. And as Jez says, no denying this is a truly monster hard rock album - funny lyrics or not. The million dollar production job and the quality of music just makes you wonder how happy we'd all be if every band we liked was still on a major label. Amazing stuff. Top 5 finisher for 2009 without a doubt.

My one minor saddity is that they didn't squeeze on 'Big Boobs' as the 13th track. That's one of my faves of the Metal Shop songs and I would have LOVED to see it on this one too.

Yep, I ordered mine early from Amazon.uk and it added up to au$17.95, which is absolutely awesome for a new release. Factor into the equation the rising AUD and it's probably about au$15 at the moment! Best money you'll ever spend. Absolutely LOVING this disc.

As Wes says, 'Asian Hooker' is awesome. That riff is head flattening and the chorus is killer... the whole song is. The whole album is! Seriously, love every song. 'Community property', 'Asian Hooker' and 'Girl from Oklahoma' are probably my favourite of the new songs... but there is no doubting how strong the Metal Shop songs are - 'Fat Girl', 'Stripper Girl' and 'Hell's on Fire'... and of course, another older track - 'Death to all but metal' which absolutely shines here. Is there a better way to start an album than 'Fuck the Goo Goo Dolls, they can suck my balls"? :lol: Brilliant.

As I mentioned above, 'Girl from Oklahoma' is one of the best and funniest. Just listening to him sing this sincere little beautiful acoustic ditty; 'Come on pretty baby suck my balls all night'... man, couldn't get it out my head all weekend. :lol: That one and 'Turn out the lights' I think made me laugh aloud the most, but they all get at least a laugh or two. And as Jez says, no denying this is a truly monster hard rock album - funny lyrics or not. The million dollar production job and the quality of music just makes you wonder how happy we'd all be if every band we liked was still on a major label. Amazing stuff. Top 5 finisher for 2009 without a doubt.

My one minor saddity is that they didn't squeeze on 'Big Boobs' as the 13th track. That's one of my faves of the Metal Shop songs and I would have LOVED to see it on this one too.

Yeah Big Boobs was a glaring omission, especially considering it was my fave Metal Shop song, and even one of my friends who I turned onto the band last year, has commented on that song being missing.

I was listening to the CD again the other night, and was specifically trying to work out who each song was parodying.

A couple were obvious, some I think I have worked out but some I got stuck on.

This is what I went with:

Death to all but metal - Not sure on this one if its anyone specific

Asian Hooker - Definetly an Yngwie vibe, but I think there is someone else incoporated

Community Property - A couple spring to mind on this, Mr Big and Poison.

Eyes of a panther - Skid Row, specifically Sweet little sister

Fat girl - Its Here I go again by Whitesnake, I doubt anyone would argue that

Eatin aint cheatin - Once again I doubt any arguments on this, Dance the night away by Van Halen

Party all day - Most blatant one imo, Livin on a prayer by Jovi

Turn out the lights - Certainly reminds me of someone, but cant quite nail it

Stripper girl - Every rose has its thorn by Poison

The Shocker - I get a couple of bands on this, Buckcherry for the open spoken line but Damn Yankees or Nelson for the harmonies

Girl from Oklahoma - More than words by Extreme

Hells on fire - Musically its not spot on, but the vocals remind me of Dizzy era Britny Fox.

love the album and LOVE the guest musicians on it! Corey Taylor is awesome (as always) on Death To All But Metal and Eyes of A Panther (although i cant hear him on Asian Hooker, Sucky Fucky? and im not entirely sure of what parts he sings and what parts Michael sings on EoAP :anon:) M Shadows on Turn Out The Lights was just an awesome choice on the part of the band, Brett Anderson's backing vocals on Eyes of a Panther gives it a really cool dynamic, and she's got a sexy voice IMO :P

musically it couldnt be better!! these songs have been stuck in my head for days!

Favourite tracks:

Asian Hooker

Eyes Of A Panther

Party All Day (Fuck all Night)

Turn Out The Lights

i actually think Party all Day is my new personal anthem (used to be Up All Night by Slaughter :P) i love the "I get up in the afternoon, cause i aint got a stupid job" line :P

Man.... this is one kickass disc!!

I mean, this has everything you want in an album.

10/10

:banger:

Yeah Big Boobs was a glaring omission, especially considering it was my fave Metal Shop song, and even one of my friends who I turned onto the band last year, has commented on that song being missing.

Let's just hope they are saving it for album number two! ;)

I was watching a Metal Skool interview with Mike Hatton on youtube tonight.

Its in three parts and I have never seen it before, but it was bloody hilarious.

I was laughing out loud, especially at Lexxxi when he starts talking about berries and strawberries etc

I know!

I actually got interviewed before the gig and apparently they were filming for a documentary, so will have to see how that goes.

Michael leant off the stage at one point to slap hands with me as he was loving my image and how I was digging the show (only person he did it with).

One of my friends who was with me was a target of several lyrics calling her a whore etc.

She loved it!

:lol: Awesome. So I assume it was a wonderful show? Man, I hope this CD sells some units and they somehow get over to Australian shores. Glad Michael Starr liked your get-up too - nice work mate. :lol:

They were fucking awesome.

Funny as fuck, and rocked like maniacs.

Satchel does an awesome guitar solo, where he plays some old stuff by the likes of Maiden, Metallica, Yngwie, Halen, Purple and GNR etc, where he actually plays both the guitar and drums at the same time, which was pretty amazing.

They brought out that gimp Justin Hawkins to do Party all day and a cover of I believe in a thing called love (with his broken leg).

They did every song off FTS except Hells on fire and Eatin aint cheatin. (sadly no Big boobs again).

When they came back for an encore they did two covers, Kickstart my heart and Panama.

The gig itself was in a university or something like that, and when it was originally booked it was for a hall that only held 100 people, but after the tickets sold out within an hour, they moved it to a bigger hall and put more tickets up for sale (800 in total), and it still sold out.

I seriously hope for everyones sake that they start doing a world wide tour now they are on a big label.

This gig was a lucky one as they only did it cause they were playing the Download festival.

They did mention coming back, but wasnt 100% sure if that was just a joke the way they said it.

Oh and just to give you an idea, Chickenfoot entered the British album charts last week at #23 and Steel Panther entered at #53, which is pretty good considering the hype around Chickenfoot and the fact that bands like this dont often get that high in the Brit charts. (UFOs new album entered at #99)