Steel Panther

Glen

And you can anticipate the release of Steel Panthers cd, on June 9th, according to their website, that should be good, as the whole Filth Metal (thats mine don't steal it) thing is really gaining them much recognistion! by let's hope like all other acts that get rich quick being filthy, ie 2 Live Crews, Andrew Dice Clay etc, let's hope they strike while the irons hot and then move on! hope they don't over do it and become un listenable and stupid!

Anyone know how many full songs are due on this release? That's my only issue with Metal Shop. Not enough songs!! Anyone who says the lyrics will grow old is so far off the mark. It's just excellent hard rock and if anything, the "different" and "unique" lyrical direction is a complete godsend. If we get ten tracks of this kind of stuff on the Steel Panthers CD this is a genuine threat for album of the year.

I'm hoping for something more the length of the first Tenacious D CD, 10 songs with lotsa comedy skits in between.

I've had the Metal Shop version of Hole Patrol for 3 or 4 years now (maybe more), and the joke never gets old!

I know of at least one hater here who is very fond of The Darkness. If the novelty of an awful band with unlistenable vocals, average musicianship and crap songs hasn't worn off... then why would you write these guys off?

Ha ha - A Darkness comparison as expected, that didn't take long mate!! Why not add Spinal Tap and Poison (They were a joke band weren't they) whilst your there aswell :whistle:

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the track list for the new disc.

1. Death To All But Metal

2. Asian Hooker

3. Community Property

4. Eyes Of A Panther

5. Fat Girl

6. Eatin' Ain't Cheatin'

7. Party All Day

8. Turn Out The Lights

9. Stripper Girl

10. The Shocker

11. Girl From Oklahoma Release

Date: June 9,2009

2. Asian Hooker

3. Community Property

4. Eyes Of A Panther

5. Fat Girl

6. Eatin' Ain't Cheatin'

7. Party All Day

8. Turn Out The Lights

9. Stripper Girl

10. The Shocker

Awesome... really looking forward to this. Hopefully it'll be affordable so I can add this one to my collection asap. Anywhere you can pre-order it?

Also, does anyone in the know know if 'Death to all but metal' is the same (killer) version as the Metal Sludge All-Stars one, and if 'Fat Girl' and 'Stripper Girl' are the same versiosn that appear on 'Hole Patrol', or are they all new re-recordings?

Wow, you Brits can pre-order with free delivery for 9.99 pounds!

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/9565009/St...el/Product.html

Also, track 12 'Hell's on fire' is there (also off 'Hole Patrol').

Or 8.98 pounds with free delivery here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feel-Steel-Panther/dp/B0024NL40G

What's with the UK release but no details of other worldly release?

Fucking Brits, you bloody wankers

I don't know Geoff, they are in the state next to me and I can't find out shit about them, my uncle went and tried to see them play live and said its such a fucking madhouse it wasn't even worth the headache, that track listing I posted is the tracking for the US cd that they sell at their shows, all that bonus track shit is something else, I had a real curious thought, Hey Sam! how come you don't do something with these guys? fuck your practically down the street from them? just thought about that today.

I don't know Geoff, they are in the state next to me and I can't find out shit about them, my uncle went and tried to see them play live and said its such a fucking madhouse it wasn't even worth the headache, that track listing I posted is the tracking for the US cd that they sell at their shows, all that bonus track shit is something else, I had a real curious thought, Hey Sam! how come you don't do something with these guys? fuck your practically down the street from them? just thought about that today.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the whole British connection is, but if 'Hell's on fire' is only on the Brit version, well I'ma going to get a British version. :)

2. Asian Hooker

3. Community Property

4. Eyes Of A Panther

5. Fat Girl

6. Eatin' Ain't Cheatin'

7. Party All Day

8. Turn Out The Lights

9. Stripper Girl

10. The Shocker

Awesome... really looking forward to this. Hopefully it'll be affordable so I can add this one to my collection asap. Anywhere you can pre-order it?

Also, does anyone in the know know if 'Death to all but metal' is the same (killer) version as the Metal Sludge All-Stars one, and if 'Fat Girl' and 'Stripper Girl' are the same versiosn that appear on 'Hole Patrol', or are they all new re-recordings?

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that Death to all but(t) metal, will be the new version, not the superior Sludge version, as they completely re-recorded it.

I'd also assume the other songs will be re-records as well.

Wonder if it will be just songs, or whether there will be comical interludes?

Fucking Brits, you bloody wankers

What a great name for a band!!

BLOODY WANKERS

:lol::rofl2::lol::rofl2::lol:

2. Asian Hooker

3. Community Property

4. Eyes Of A Panther

5. Fat Girl

6. Eatin' Ain't Cheatin'

7. Party All Day

8. Turn Out The Lights

9. Stripper Girl

10. The Shocker

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that Death to all but(t) metal, will be the new version, not the superior Sludge version, as they completely re-recorded it.

I'd also assume the other songs will be re-records as well.

Wonder if it will be just songs, or whether there will be comical interludes?

I too was thinking the same. Here's my thoughts. If they're taking 3 songs off 'Hole Patrol' and 'Death to all but metal', I am convinced that there will be at least as many new songs but my money is on the hope that there will be more.

There's no way to say it until you hear it, but they all look like song names, don't they? I'm sure there will be at least one skit... but I'm hoping all songs. :)

I'm thinkin things like Asian hooker and Eatin aint cheatin etc, could be skits or songs.

Hopefully they are the latter.

I'm hoping that there are skits, and that they are either part of the song, or there are actually more tracks, and all thats listed on Play is the song titles, cause thats all thats been released to them.

As I say, if its anything like the layout of the first Tenacious D CD, I will be incredibly happy.

If its like the Metal Shop CD, I will be somewhat disapointed as obviously some of the songs are the same!

I'm hoping that there are skits, and that they are either part of the song, or there are actually more tracks, and all thats listed on Play is the song titles, cause thats all thats been released to them.

Yeah, I do like the skits but to be honest I could live without them for the sake of future spins. I was also thinking part of the song might be cool, but then that kind of messes with the Ipod experience too, putting tracks on there.

Skits are funny, but yeah, at the end of the day I just hope they put all their comedic power into an album full of songs. :)

Eatin aint Cheatin & Asian Hookers are both songs, I have a copy of Asian Hookers done live, its hard to say what they will do, this is what I've gathered, this is the first album they will have released being at the peak of their popularity(not saying they won't get more popular) the way they are using tracks off of their other albums which canbe difficult to find, they are shooting at a straight up metal album, Eyes of A Panther, Party All Day and The Shocker are the only 3 songs I haven't heard, so I can't say if they are songs or skits, but my guess is they aren't concerned about drawing people to their live show, since it's essentailly how they make their living and its MEGA-tuff to even get into their shows since they sell out 5 nights a week!

This all sounds good to me. 'Party All Day' and 'Eyes of a Panther' would have to be songs. 'The shocker' could be a skit, but surely it'd be a song about finding out a sexy girl with large breasts has a penis? I'm actually seriously confident that they may all be songs with only one possibly not being one.

This all sounds good to me. 'Party All Day' and 'Eyes of a Panther' would have to be songs. 'The shocker' could be a skit, but surely it'd be a song about finding out a sexy girl with large breasts has a penis? I'm actually seriously confident that they may all be songs with only one possibly not being one.

Fuck Geoff! that must have been horrible, and traumatic! what the hell did you do next?

Fuck Geoff! that must have been horrible, and traumatic! what the hell did you do next?

Said to myself, "Penis? What penis?" and proceeded.

That's exactly what I would have done!

Just doing some reading elsewhere.

Apparently Allison Roberts (The Donnas) and Justin Hawkins appear on Party all day, so thats defo a song.

Scott Ian of Anthrax appears on Asian Hooker, and Corey Taylor of Slipknot appears on Eyes of a panther.

Oklahoma City Girls been stuck in my head all day, come on pretty baby suck my balls all night, I'm hocked up on ciallis and your really high, ha ha ha lol

Just doing some reading elsewhere.

Apparently Allison Roberts (The Donnas) and Justin Hawkins appear on Party all day, so thats defo a song.

Scott Ian of Anthrax appears on Asian Hooker, and Corey Taylor of Slipknot appears on Eyes of a panther.

yeah i was gonna say that Eyes Of A Panther is defo a song, cause of this vid:

all you get to hear is the chorus but MAN!!!! it sounds awesome!!!

I'm telling you guys now... this is going to be album of the year material. 11 full songs! HOLY SHITBALLS! I cannot wait!

These guys are playing a free show here in KC tomorrow night.

Well u better go to it, did u guys see the Bad Girls Club where they get kicked out of the Steel Panther concert