FarCry - High Gear

Favorite Tracks  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The guitar solo on Have It All is sick, great solo Pete.

1. Love Won't Wait

2. Out Of Reach

3. Have It All

No real weak track. Although I do agree with many that are saying Nowhere Fast doesn't really belong, but it's still a fun song.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, nice choice with 'Talk to me'. That's my favourite Hush song to be honest. And I like quite a lot from those guys. :)

Yeah it was a good choice. Not really a fan of that band at all to be honest, but I kept that first album because of the opening track purely. Knew I'd heard it before...

Hey Everyone

Thank you to each of you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the cd. All very much appreciated. Trust me, we are taking notes. We enjoyed reading what you had to say. Some of your comments we think are spot on. Some of them we were surprised to hear (not in a bad way) but thats what we want to know...what YOU as the listener thinks! My apologies to anyone that does not like Nowhere Fast. Blame ME. LOL. I kinda held a gun to thier heads on that one. God bless them, as they put up lil fight lol ;-)

Also appreciate the comments on the artwork. Wasnt expecting that much feedback, but again appreciated. I can promise that you will enjoy the next release equally, both on production, visual and ofcourse hopefully the music itself. Looking foward to seeing some of you again in SD.

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

I would vote... but i havnt got it yet!!!

Yeah!

I think mine is in my neighbors mail box. I swear I think she checks her mail once a month. :cussing:

Well, if the Mattypus has his CD I should have mine today too, which is perfect, considering I have a 3 and 1/2 hour drive up the coast tomorrow afternoon and back on Monday. If it's not in the mailbox today I will fire missiles. :)

My apologies to anyone that does not like Nowhere Fast. Blame ME. LOL. I kinda held a gun to thier heads on that one. God bless them, as they put up lil fight lol ;-)

So your vote on the direction of their next album is for a full Steinman-covers CD then? :lol:

My apologies to anyone that does not like Nowhere Fast. Blame ME. LOL. I kinda held a gun to thier heads on that one. God bless them, as they put up lil fight lol ;-)

So your vote on the direction of their next album is for a full Steinman-covers CD then? :lol:

Sounds awesome, maybe we can do "Bat Out Of Hell" in it's entirety live... ;)

Hey Everyone

Thank you to each of you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the cd. All very much appreciated. Trust me, we are taking notes. We enjoyed reading what you had to say. Some of your comments we think are spot on. Some of them we were surprised to hear (not in a bad way) but thats what we want to know...what YOU as the listener thinks! My apologies to anyone that does not like Nowhere Fast. Blame ME. LOL. I kinda held a gun to thier heads on that one. God bless them, as they put up lil fight lol ;-)

Also appreciate the comments on the artwork. Wasnt expecting that much feedback, but again appreciated. I can promise that you will enjoy the next release equally, both on production, visual and ofcourse hopefully the music itself. Looking foward to seeing some of you again in SD.

Thank You

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Nowhere Fast isn't a bad song, I really like the song and it's catchy as hell. I'd buy a whole album of pompus AOR like that without any hesitation. I own most of the Meatloaf releases and lots of Valentine releases as well. I just find the track doesn't go with the rest of the material on High Gear.

Cover art!!! It may be just me but 99% of KIVEL artwork is amazing. I honestly can't recall some bad artwork on a KIVEL release. Re-program from Adriangale, looked a little too Prog/Indstrial, but that album kicked so much ass, I looked right pass the cover.

I for one am not surprised at the support for this one. Everyone, almost everyone here loves great melodic rock and also Pete's one of the best dudes around.

Kudos to all involved with this project and I hope to hear more FarCry stuff in the future.

Sounds awesome, maybe we can do "Bat Out Of Hell" in it's entirety live... ;)

:puke:

Pete, I think you guys should do a Cannibal Corpse tribute album.

:lol: totally in the works, imagine how great that stuff would sound with a touch of keys and big harmony backing vox... ;)

Pete, I think you guys should do a Cannibal Corpse tribute album.

:lol: totally in the works, imagine how great that stuff would sound with a touch of keys and big harmony backing vox... ;)

Does anyone in the band play French horn?

Been digesting this CD over the last few days and finally voted.

First, excellent album, Pete! I actually prefer this project to Rockarma. I think it's primarily the vocals and the songwriting/structure. A lot more toetappers and replay potential on High Gear.

My top 3:

3. Heaven. Chorus is a screamer on this one. Vintage mid-paced ballad.

2. Nowhere Fast. My being a Meat Loaf fan, this should come as no surprise. Personally I think this song was excellent! I don't mind flying in the face of prevailing sentiment on this one; I dig the track.

and numero uno:

1. Have It All. Crunchy, very crunchy! The overall vibe reminds me a bit of one of my alltime favorite tracks, Dangerous Child off the CD Never Surrender by Red Dawn, but just slightly more modern in the guitar riffs. The combination of balls and melodic chorus works WELL! Missing the keys though... ;)

I too wanted to live with this one for a while before voting and commenting, and here's what I've come up with...

1. The Fine Line - Just an intense, kickass rocker...love it! :bowdown:

2. She’s Crazy - Anyone else getting a cool Enuff Z'nuff vibe from the verse vocals? Love this one too!

3. Heaven - awesome ballad; been enjoying this one for years now! :tumbsup:

4. Have It All - another killer rocker

5. Love Won’t Wait - love the chorus here!

6. Out of Reach

7. Those Were the Days

8. Talk to Me

9. The Same Mistake

10. Kick Me Down

11. Nowhere Fast

Overall, a most excellent release Pete; you and the rest of the guys have done a fantastic job, and I can't wait to hear what you come up with next. :beerbang:

2. She’s Crazy - Anyone else getting a cool Enuff Z'nuff vibe from the verse vocals? Love this one too!

I thought the same thing. Kind of a "New Thing" vibe, but definitely NOT derivative. Completely original. (Love it, love it, love it!) :headbanger:

Just got this in the mail today..... it's going to be a little while before I can pick my "favorites" off of it though.... But I love every song that I've heard off of it so far....

I'm planning on having a review of the CD up by Sunday.

AMAZING work Pete...

:bowdown:

Thanks Axe, totally looking forward to it!

Thanks again to everyone else that gave feedback too. It's interesting what you think are going to be the best and/or most popular songs, and how that changes from the beginning of the recording process to the release of the album. :unsure:

I also got a Enuff Z'nuff vibe from Mark's harmonies on She's Crazy. The music always gave me more of a Poison vibe when I was writing it for some reason. Probably thinking of Jez and his idolation of CC Deville... ;)