FarCry - High Gear

Favorite Tracks  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate polls for a flawless album.

If I had to pick 3, by no easy task:

NOWHERE FAST

THOSE WERE THE DAYS

HAVE IT ALL

Every song on this album has the makings of a radio hit. :tumbsup:

Well done Pete!

Your only problem now is to try and top this slab of greatness!!! :eek:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine Line

Have It All

The Same Mistake

Heaven

Out of Reach

Those Were the Days

Love Won't Wait

She's Crazy

Kick Me Down

Talk To Me

Nowhere Fast (by far the worst track on an otherwise STELLAR album)

Okay. I have listened to this album 50 times or so....I have changed my ways. Here is how I see it currently....

Fine Line

Talk To Me (man, this song grows on you)

Have It All

The Same Mistake

Out of Reach

Heaven

She's Crazy

Love Won't Wait

Those Were The Days

Kick Me Down

Nowhere Fast

That's how it goes for now anyway. Such a great collection of tunes played exceptionally!

Fine Line

Have It All

The Same Mistake

Heaven

Out of Reach

Those Were the Days

Love Won't Wait

She's Crazy

Kick Me Down

Talk To Me

Okay. I have listened to this album 50 times or so....I have changed my ways. Here is how I see it currently....

Fine Line

Have It All

The Same Mistake

Out of Reach

Heaven

She's Crazy

Love Won't Wait

Those Were The Days

Kick Me Down

Nowhere Fast

That's how it goes for now anyway. Such a great collection of tunes played exceptionally!

Wow, it must've grown on you, from 10th to 2nd place... cool! I really like the guitar sound in Talk To Me I have to say. :)

Fine Line

Have It All

The Same Mistake

Heaven

Out of Reach

Those Were the Days

Love Won't Wait

She's Crazy

Kick Me Down

Talk To Me

Fine Line

Have It All

The Same Mistake

Out of Reach

Heaven

She's Crazy

Love Won't Wait

Those Were The Days

Kick Me Down

Nowhere Fast

Wow, it must've grown on you, from 10th to 2nd place... cool! I really like the guitar sound in Talk To Me I have to say. :)

Everytime I hear it Pete, it gets better! Nice work my friend, nice work.

I pulled up the myspace tracks. COMPLETELY enjoyed "Fine Line" and liked 'Heaven" pretty well, too. Couldn't get the other track to load. The sounds and production are great ! I have been doing a little recording myself and got a serious case of envy for the sound quality you guys got going on there ! I think I will buy this soon... good work !

Okay, happy to say I finally got my copy today! Had a chance to spin it this afternoon and here are my initial (awesome) brief thoughts based on first spin:

Love Won't Wait - So delicious I was chomping at the air hoping to eat this song!

Fine Line - Possibly my early fave - sensational balladic track.

Have It All - Holy shit, Pete. The solo on this one is insane!! Cool hard rocker.

Heaven - Rip-off of those Shotgun Alli guys - I hope they don't sue you. ;) Seriously, awesome song.

Nowhere Fast - I'd braced myself for this and while I can fully understand where everyone's coming from with how different this is to the rest of the disc, not a bad song. I kind of dug it.

Out Of Reach - Great hook with some almost Bret Michaels-esque vocals in the verses. Great catchy track.

Kick Me Down - Cool hard rocker.

She's Crazy - I enjoyed this one too... cool groove. Nice.

The Same Mistake - One of the top 4 highlights on the disc for me. Loved this song a lot.

Talk To Me - As noted elsewhere, this is my favourite Hush track and they were a great band, so that's to say this song is great and this is a great version.

Those We're The Days - YUM! What a closer. Wind down the window, place her mouth on the head of your pen- uh, ...um... wink at your baby in the passenger seat, move your head, face and hair and sing this anthem to the cars you pass on the highway. Awesome summer anthem. The good times. Love stuff like this!

So, there it is. I won't vote until after a few spins but I put a lot of trust in my first spins these days and my 3 picks will come from these tracks:

(In tentative order):

1. Fine Line

2. Those were the days

3. Love won't wait

4. Same mistake

5. Heaven

6. Out of reach

7. Talk to me

8. She's crazy

9. Have it all

10. Kick me down

11. Nowhere fast

I'd actually bet some coin that'll be my final running order. :)

Out Of Reach - some almost Bret Michaels-esque vocals in the verses.

Be nice mate, the vocalist might read these comments... :lol:

Pete's disc ! My god I have to order it !!!

Sorry to be unhelpful on this topic. I will order the album as soon as possible !!

I was gonna say, everyone else has been really positive about the FarCry disc and rightly so and along comes Geoff and ruins it. ;)

I was gonna say, everyone else has been really positive about the FarCry disc and rightly so and along comes Geoff and ruins it. ;)

It doesn't look like it was this thread, but I'm pretty sure I saw someone else mention Poison too. Not sure if it was with regard to this song, but I'm sure I saw it somewhere. Just shows how good it is, to be compared to such an excellent band.

Second spin, and totally digging 'Same mistake'. I didn't listen to the lyrics with all ears first time round, but loving this anti-marriage song. :lol: Absolute gem.

Okay, I finally voted:

1. Same Mistake

2. Fine Line

3. Love Won't Wait

And for the record:

4. Heaven

5. Those were the days

Okay, I finally voted:

1. Same Mistake

2. Fine Line

3. Love Won't Wait

And for the record:

4. Heaven

5. Those were the days

:lol: For the record Same Mistake is one of my favs too. :)

Okay, I finally voted:

1. Same Mistake

2. Fine Line

3. Love Won't Wait

And for the record:

4. Heaven

5. Those were the days

:lol: For the record Same Mistake is one of my favs too. :)

Yeah, excellent track, mate. Great hooks and gets better with every spin. Love it. :)

• 1 month later...

OK, finally I vote as follows -

Fine Line

Have It All

She's Crazy

(PS the solo in She's Crazy is one of the best on the album...very nice)

Cheers

OK, finally I vote as follows -

Fine Line

Have It All

She's Crazy

(PS the solo in She's Crazy is one of the best on the album...very nice)

Cheers

Thanks Glen! Nice to see that solo get a little love, it's one of the ones I was happiest with myself!

My favs:

Fine Line

Love Won't Wait

The Same Mistake

Three AWESOME tunes!!

Thanks Rob, appreciate the feedback, I'm a big fan of Same Mistake myself!

My kids are singing Out of Reach all the time, so I guess you get the house approval for that tune Pete!!! Talk to Me is still their fave however!!! Mine too!!! Excellent album except for that Meatloaf tune.... :P

My kids are singing Out of Reach all the time, so I guess you get the house approval for that tune Pete!!! Talk to Me is still their fave however!!! Mine too!!! Excellent album except for that Meatloaf tune.... :P

Yeah I can understand the lack of love for 'Nowhere Fast'....but I love the end of that song...pretty wicked if you crank it up. :headbanger:

Oops, I just voted Nowhere Fast as my third favorite. I love the song because it reminds me of one of my current favorite bands, Mad Margritt.

Yeah I can understand the lack of love for 'Nowhere Fast'....but I love the end of that song...pretty wicked if you crank it up. :headbanger:

It actually took me awhile until I was able to appreciate that one myself. :anon:

But I actually like it now and I think it will kick some ass live!

It actually took me awhile until I was able to appreciate that one myself. :anon:

But I actually like it now and I think it will kick some ass live!

I was actually singing it all day yesterday!

• 2 weeks later...
Been digesting this CD over the last few days and finally voted.

2. Nowhere Fast. My being a Meat Loaf fan, this should come as no surprise. Personally I think this song was excellent! I don't mind flying in the face of prevailing sentiment on this one; I dig the track.

I'm a Meatloaf fan as well so it was a surprise I liked this so much. I think I'd go as far to say it's better that the Meat version even. love it