Bon Jovi

manicego

well heres Little Richie with his 2 cents :tumbsup:

i dont really care :P

i dont think JBJ would build houses for the homeless and donate millions to hurricane Katrina victims, just to turn around and sue a small time tribute band (especially since he has jammed with bands like The Bon Jovi Experience at their gigs before: http://www.jonbyjovi.com/)

of course it could be his management (the letter does refer to BJP rather than JBJ himself), but either way im not too phased....JBJ fronts my favourite band yes, but Richie is the one ive always looked up to...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lawyers for Bon Jovi ought to look into suing the State Of New Jersey for persistently using the name of a Bon Jovi album on all its stationery.

It's really terrible to watch so many musicians get famous and turn into pompous asses with no regard for the fans that made them rich. Common sense would dictate that tribute bands, especially respectful and talented ones, sell more CDs for the band they are paying homage to.

JBJ = :butt:

of course it could be his management (the letter does refer to BJP rather than JBJ himself), but either way im not too phased....JBJ fronts my favourite band yes, but Richie is the one ive always looked up to...

That was my first thought (and hope). But the entire letter is written like "it is the wish of my client" etc. and guess who that client is!

I wonder if Blonde Jovi will still want to continue paying tribute to Bon Jovi. It must to be hard to get up on stage and pay tribute to someone who screwed you over like that.

Exactly my thoughts! I'm not one of these people who's going to turn around and suddenly hate all their music and not buy their new music... but f*ck me, if I were these girls I don't think I'd have much desire to play in the band after this kind of bullshit.

the letter looks to me like the client is BJP on the "behalf" of JBJ...

like i said, why would he jam with a band named "The Bon Jovi Experience" and then sue "Blonde Jovi" for copyright infringement? it doesnt make sense :unsure:

like i said, why would he jam with a band named "The Bon Jovi Experience" and then sue "Blonde Jovi" for copyright infringement? it doesnt make sense :unsure:

Do tribute bands give some kind of kick back to the artists?

Just a thought.

This is true, it's not as if Jon himself would've gone to his Management Company and asked them to take this action. It never works this way. I hate defending him though, especially in a Flamefest thread, so I'll close by saying he's a talentless egostistical twat.

This is true, it's not as if Jon himself would've gone to his Management Company and asked them to take this action. It never works this way. I hate defending him though, especially in a Flamefest thread, so I'll close by saying he's a talentless egostistical twat.

What do you mean it never works this way? JBJ may not have initiated this, but you can be damn sure it was done with his consent.

What do you mean it never works this way? JBJ may not have initiated this, but you can be damn sure it was done with his consent.

That's possible, but I doubt it. A guy I used to work with in the music press (who's now a major Corporate lawyer) used to work for Metallica's Mgmt company responsible for brand protection. He said they'd just go after whoever they liked, especially if it made them money, and unless it was anything above a certain monetary value or impact it wouldn't go anywhere near the band. The only difference in this case is that JBJ might be more of a control freak than Metallica, but remember we're talking about Lars Ulrich here...

It seems that the girls are using "Blonde Jersey" as a temporary name till they think of somethin better...I got a suggestion for 'em, how'bout "JON BLOW ME??"

This thing has exploded ... the girls have been doing interviews all morning - and the radio stations are coming to the band, not vice versa. We've had reports of dj's all across the country talking about it on air ... NUTS!

:D

Now that's good news...not only does it give the girls all kinds of exposure which might translate into something good but it also spreads the bad publicity for BJ.....

It was a topic of discussion on the local rock radio station here in Houston....

You wanna see just how far it's spread:

http://www.google.com/search?q=bon+jovi+su...:en-US:official

At least the first 4 pages of results are about this. :lol:

Wow! Looks like it's now well over 4 pages of results. I see the news has spread to at least one big Australian radio station as well (Triple M in Adelaide).