I'm a dad again!

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I (well, my wife) had our second child yesterday, another little girl. Kaydence Ann Allen was born at 9:55 a.m., weighed 6 lbs. 4 0z., and was 21.5 in. long. Everything's going great...except that I came down with a stomach bug last night and am currently home puking my guts out, so I'm not allowed anywhere near the hospital today.

So, all you parents out there, anyone got advice on how to deal with a 2 year-old and a newborn in the same house without losing my sanity? :)

Big congrats to your new family member Mark! :drink:

No advice from me though 'cause I'm in the same shit (2 kids) :(

I could take some advice too on how to cope with two small children.

Oh BTW, thanks for a great trade...

Congrats! I'm trying to remember how I handled a two yr old and and a newborn but I think I have a permanent mental block from that time in my life. I'll be joining you in the new baby department in just a few weeks.

Congrats on the new addition Mark... but as for the keeping your sanity... fuggeddaboudit.

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I (well, my wife) had our second child yesterday, another little girl. Kaydence Ann Allen was born at 9:55 a.m., weighed 6 lbs. 4 0z., and was 21.5 in. long. Everything's going great...except that I came down with a stomach bug last night and am currently home puking my guts out, so I'm not allowed anywhere near the hospital today.

So, all you parents out there, anyone got advice on how to deal with a 2 year-old and a newborn in the same house without losing my sanity? :)

Congrats mate - that's brilliant news.

Talking about advice.............in about 2 months perhaps you can give me some tips on how to deal with a 2 year old and newly born twins. :yikes:

The only thing I can think of at the moment is panic :tumbsup:

Anyways brill news - enjoy. :bananamac:

There's nothing quite like having kids around the house. As infants and youngsters, you try to teach them to be fine, upstanding children - respectful of their elders, and they look at you as if you contain all the wisdom of the cosmos in your very words. And then, they become teenagers, and begin looking at you like you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. But you've got ages to go before that happens, so enjoy the early development years while you can. Pity they can't stay small forever. :rolleyes:

A big congratulations Mark! Here's wishing to a healthy and happy baby girl!! :beerbang:

Congrats Mark! :tumbsup:

To answer your question:

Have a drink :beerbang:

Teach the two year old that changing diapers is a fun job :puke:

Have another drink :beerbang:

Work all the overtime you can :dance:

Invest in some massive headphones to listen to your music :banger:

Guard your c.d. collection or lock them away :guitbannana:

By the evening, you should be plastered :crazy:

Repeat and Repeat

Until they hit there teens, then move to whiskey :whistle:

The mrs may join you, but who would watch the kids :unsure:

Congratulations go out to you and your wife on this great news.....Glad it all went well for you both and everyone is fine :drink:

Way to go Mark!! Much congrats are in order!! :drink:

:chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug:

The greatest gift you can get is a child. The greatest gift you can give them is time. It may not seem like it now but they grow up SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fast. My girls are 14 and 16. Soon they will be adults. I wish I had more time.

Congrats to you and Mom :drink: