Best of 2009

Geoff

I haven't bought a 2009 release yet, well unless you count FarCry which hasn't been released yet.

These will be in my hands TOMORROW!!! :woot:

I don't think I've bought much 09 stuff yet, but I do like the Edguy so far!

A few standouts so far:

Saxon - Into The Labyrinth

Place Vendome - Streets of fire

Bad Habit - Above and beyond

Eye - 2 Hearts

JSS - Beautiful Mess

Fallbrooke - s/t

The only ones I can comment on so far are -

Place Vendome - Streets Of Fire

Pretty Wild - All The Way (EP.....but full release later this year)

Bad Habit - Above & Beyond

and that's the order.

I agree with the comment that all the best stuff is yet to come - Wig Wam, Danger Danger, WET, Sunstorm, Heaven & Hell, Farcry etc etc

& for those that have included the following in your 2009 lists

JSS - Beautiful Mess

Sturm Und Drang - Rock n Roll Children

Bulletproof Messenger - Arm Yourself.

I would like to point out that these are all 2008 releases but in the words of Geoff 'you are forgiven as they are all so good they transcend time'.

:drink:

and that's the order.

I agree with the comment that all the best stuff is yet to come - Wig Wam, Danger Danger, WET, Sunstorm, Heaven & Hell, Farcry etc etc

JSS - Beautiful Mess

I would like to point out that these are all 2008 releases but in the words of Geoff 'you are forgiven as they are all so good they transcend time'.

JSS - Beautiful Mess is debateable, the digital release was 08 but the physical CD was 09. Though I did include it in my best of 08 list so maybe I should leave it off this years list. But who cares. :P

and that's the order.

JSS - Beautiful Mess

JSS - Beautiful Mess is debateable, the digital release was 08 but the physical CD was 09. Though I did include it in my best of 08 list so maybe I should leave it off this years list. But who cares. :P

Yeah it should probably be 2008 as that was it's original release date. The only reason I didn't include it in my 2009 list is because it's rubbish. :lol:

and that's the order.

JSS - Beautiful Mess

Yeah it should probably be 2008 as that was it's original release date. The only reason I didn't include it in my 2009 list is because it's rubbish. :lol:

Heathen

and that's the order.

JSS - Beautiful Mess

Heathen

Now you're getting silly mate, Heathen haven't released anything new in years?

The only 2009 releases I have so far are Allied Nations, Eye, Last Autumn's Dream, Place Vendome & Places of Power.

Place Vendome and Places of Power are both awesome, with PV taking the crown.

and that's the order.

JSS - Beautiful Mess

Hey mate, Bulletproof Messenger is definitely a 2009 release. I agree with JSS (not that it'd be on any of my lists anyway) and Strum Und Drang, but BM is defo 2009. I thought Pretty Wild was 2008 too, but you might be right. That'd be at 4th on my list if that's the case.

and that's the order.

JSS - Beautiful Mess

Hey mate, Bulletproof Messenger is definitely a 2009 release. I agree with JSS (not that it'd be on any of my lists anyway) and Strum Und Drang, but BM is defo 2009. I thought Pretty Wild was 2008 too, but you might be right. That'd be at 4th on my list if that's the case.

Well I purchased Bulletproof off their website last year :whistle:. If it is a 2009 release it should be No 1 on your modern list cos it smokes any of those :whistle: (again).

Pretty Wild's EP is a Feb 09 release.......although expect a full debut later this year. Fantastic stuff....'Shockin Teen' just kicks my arse.

Well I purchased Bulletproof off their website last year :whistle:. If it is a 2009 release it should be No 1 on your modern list cos it smokes any of those :whistle: (again).

HAHA! Not even close mate. ;)

Pretty Wild's EP is a Feb 09 release.......although expect a full debut later this year. Fantastic stuff....'Shockin Teen' just kicks my arse.

Yeah, I did a quick search and it did appear to have been released this year... can't wait for the full disc!!

HAHA! Not even close mate. ;)

Yeah, I did a quick search and it did appear to have been released this year... can't wait for the full disc!!

You know I love to get down with the bullet :tumbsup:

Backed on the Pretty Wild.....should be a great debut especially if they beef the sound up with a decent production.

Backed on the Pretty Wild.....should be a great debut especially if they beef the sound up with a decent production.

Yeah, backed. Those songs, a beefier sound - could be one of the best of the year. Behind Wig Wam and Danger Danger. :)

I haven't bought a 2009 release yet, well unless you count FarCry which hasn't been released yet.

PRIMAL FEAR's out in a couple of weeks, the soundclips are pretty impressive, & I reckon you'll love the new ANTHRAX too (killer stuff)....

I'll get both of those and the new Heaven&Hell and I still need to get the new Hammerfall.

I forgot I have bought Saxon's 'Into the Labyrinth' and Helstar's 'King of Hell' and both are great.

I'm not sure why I forgot about those two. I think my memory is starting to go.