Motley Crue v. Ratt

Motley Crue v. Ratt  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OOh, now that was more tricky. Never was a huge Ratt fan to be honest, but I have been listening to them alot more recently and my general impression has lifted considerably than it did back then. Have always loved The Crue (2 thirds of their albums anyway) from the debut and they still win this poll, but after analysing all the discs, it was closer than I originally expected.

'Too Fast For Love' - Brilliant debut that still sounds fresh and exciting even now (The original Leathur version is better than the Elektra Remix).

'Shout At The Devil' - Less glammy, more metal, Great disc. 'Out In The Cellar' was very close behind I might add.

'Invasion Of Your Privacy' - My fave Ratt disc by far, compared to 'Theatre' which I think is pretty lame and one of Crues worst.

'Dancing Undercover' - Great album compared to the patchy 'Girls Girls Girls'

'Dr. Feelgood' - Probably their most consistent and my fave Crue disc of them all - excellent. 'Detonator' is also great, although was a slightly different sound for Ratt - Very tough choice between the 2.

'New Tattoo' - Pretty strong disc overall, with some great tracks. Ratt wasn't great in my opinion and probably their worst (after 'Collage')

I surprised myself on this one. I figured it would be a split between the two bands, as I love 'em both, but when I started comparing the albums, I wound up taking the Crue across the board, except for taking Out of the Cellar over SATD. With that said, Theatre v. Invasion and Feelgood v. Detonator nearly came to coin flips. :P

For me, they were all Ratt except for Dr. Feelgood and New Tattoo.....the Ratt EP and Too Fast were a tough call, but I had to go with the Ratt EP for sentimental reasons!

• 2023 Gold Donors

I went with:

Too Fast for Love - I loved this one by the Crue.

Out of the Cellar - This was a close one for me but it just edged out Shout at the Devil.

Invasion of Your Privacy - I just liked more material on this one than I did on Theatre of Pain.

Dancing Undercover - I loved this one. Especially seeing their Body Talk video playing in the "Golden Child" movie.

Dr. Feelgood - As much as I liked Detonator, this is my favorite Crue album.

New Tattoo - I thought both were ok and was basically on the fence between them.

This poll was missing a few other Ratt (Reach For The Sky and Collage) and Crue (Motley Crue '94 and Generation Swine) albums. Collage really was a waste as was Generation Swine. Reach For The Sky and the Crue's S/T album with Corabi were both good.

Too Fast - I'm a sucker for this sort of poverty, garage band metal.

Cellar - Round and Round might be the greatest "hair metal" single ever.

Invasion - De Martini flashes a melodic brilliance throughout.

Girls Cubed - Back to basics for the Crue.

Detonator - My favorite Ratt disc.

New Tattoo - By default. Not a fan of either album, really.

Dammit, this poll sucks cuz these are my 2 favorite bands. I picked all Motley Crue but Out Of The Cellar I would have picked over any other Motley CD EXCEPT Shout At The Devil.

Here's what I went with...

Too Fast For Love - The first time I heard this was at a track meet in junior high. I absolutely loved it! So raw and unpolished...just fantastic!

Shout At The Devil - This thing scared the ever lovin' sh*t outta me the first time I heard it...and when it has a warning in the insert about possibly containing backwards messages it's gotta be good!

Invasion Of Your Privacy - What a great RATT album...and album cover! Easily my favorite RATT release and it crushes Theatre Of Pain.

Girls Girls Girls - Oh did this thing get me pumped when I would play it! It does poop out a bit on the second side but side one is classic Crue! This was a tough call for me because I really like Invasion a lot as well.

Detonator - Fantastic release by RATT with one of my all time favorite RATT tracks on here in "One Step Away".

RATT - This wins out simply because I really like the track "So Good, So Fine" and I can't really think of any standout tracks on New Tattoo.

Round 1 - 'Too Fast for Love' got my vote but Ratt's ep is awesome too but the Motley debut created a whole new genre and scene.

Round 2 - 'Shout at the Devil' got my vote but again Ratt's 'Out of the Cellar' is incredible and one of the best releases in the genre. But 'Shout' is just a little better IMO but just barely.

Round 3 - 'Invasion of Your Privacy' over 'Theater of Pain' in a landslide.

Round 4- 'Dancing Undercover' by a hair over 'Girls'. Both were weak compared to their earlier releases but 'Dancing' was just a little better overall even though 'Girls' probably had more great songs but then again it had more sucky songs too.

Round 5 - 'Dr. Feelgood' over 'Detonator' but a hair. Both are great albums and this was tough to pick.

Round 6 - Ratt s/t(99) over 'New Tatoo' and again this was close. Both are very good albums but I gave the Ratt release more spins back in the day and IMO it's much better than it gets credit for. Sure it doesn't sound like classic Ratt but there's still many great songs on it IMO.

Too Fast For Love by a mile.

Shout At the Devil by a mile.

Invasion of Your Privacy by a smidge.

Dancing Undercover by a tad.

Dr. Feelgood by an arm's length.

New Tattoo by a ton.

i got the only vote for the Ratt EP :unsure:

i love Crue, don't get me wrong....but i think Too Fast For Love is an overrated album tbh, i prefer the polished, commercial sound of Dr. Feelgood :P

Dude, you serious? Too Fast is the Crue at their best. I would piss on Feelgood if they were side by side...

I went with:

Out of the Cellar - This was a close one for me but it just edged out Shout at the Devil.

Invasion of Your Privacy - I just liked more material on this one than I did on Theatre of Pain.

Dancing Undercover - I loved this one. Especially seeing their Body Talk video playing in the "Golden Child" movie.

New Tattoo - I thought both were ok and was basically on the fence between them.

This poll was missing a few other Ratt (Reach For The Sky and Collage) and Crue (Motley Crue '94 and Generation Swine) albums. Collage really was a waste as was Generation Swine. Reach For The Sky and the Crue's S/T album with Corabi were both good.

Reach for the sky is awesome!!! :banger:

I went with:

BACKED. YA THINK? Great album for sure :banger:

I went with:

BACKED. YA THINK? Great album for sure :banger:

I agree as well; RFTS is GREAT. I came close to pitting it against Motley's Girls, Girls, Girls, but then I figured everyone would be like "Where's Dancing Undercover?". I wish you could put more than 6 questions per poll.... Oh Daaa-aaannn.... :P