Steel Panther new songs

Captain Howdy

Well I'll be attending their concert soon, if anybody wants me to pick anything up for them, let me know, send me an email or IM, and make sure I know,

Well I'll be attending their concert soon, if anybody wants me to pick anything up for them, let me know, send me an email or IM, and make sure I know,

Cody, where are they playing at?

Im trying to figure it out! 2 friends have told me about it, then heard it on commercial on radio at work, but I couldnt get over to the work truck to catch the end of it, I know it's free, and Halestorm is either playing the same night, or the night before, I can't find anything listed on the internet, I'll listen for the commercial real hard today, I might even sit in the truck until It comes on, either way, im not missing it!

Cody, where are they playing at?

Im starting to get pissed, the first people that told me about this, had no idea who Steel Panther even was, they were mad cause they couldnt find the rap concert they were looking for, but upon bitching, they said the name in fron of a girl friend of mine, and she in turn called me right up, I went on the website of the station that was playing the commercial, there is fucking nothing about it anywhere! but I know it's happening, random people don't just randomly make up a band name, and decide to start the rumour of them playing live! you know what im saying, It's bugging me so bad, Im ready to just drive over to ZHT, and camp out front, with a sign that says, WHERE THE FUCK IS STEEL PANTHER PLAYING YOU FUCKING TOP 40 COCKSUCKERS!!! but then I might miss the show, if I don't make bail fast enough!

So does anyone know how the US version will differ from the UK version already out?

If there will be a difference and the UK issue is the one to havecould someone help me out and grab me one from AMazon UK and ship it to me?

Hey mate, I don't know for sure but I think the US one will not have the UK Bonus track, 'Hell's on fire'. If that's the case, be sure to order one of these Brits to get you the UK copy. :)

Still no word, officially how the US version will differ from the UK, but, no matter to me since thanks chokalurok I nabbed one at Wishing Well for $16!!!!!

Thanks Matt!!

Here is a random observation on the Metal Shop-Metal Skool-Metal Sludge-Steel Panther releases...

What is with continually releasing the same songs over and over and over???

I mean here is the track listing to Feel The Steel:

1. Death To All But Metal

2. Asian Hooker

3. Community Property

4. Eyes Of A Panther

5. Fat Girl

6. Eatin' Ain't Cheatin'

7. Party All Day

8. Turn Out The Lights

9. Stripper Girl

10. The Shocker

11. Girl From Oklahoma

Of the 11 songs 3 appear on earlier releases, can't vouche for if they are different, but still? Like Metal Shop to Metal Skool why? And why drop the "Metal Shop" cut and add "Cleveland Rocks"? Death To All But Metal is still available through Metal Sludge on their "Whatever Happened To Sludge Volume 1 release from 2004 and Stripper Girl and Fat Girl are on both Metal Shop and Metal Skool releases. Why not throw on the Love Rocket cut , then I won't have to search out the Danger Kitty single?

Not complaining, cause I think the gimmick is really great and fricking funny, just wondering?

I must say watcking the myriad of you tube videos these guys have with the celibrities of the night are quite enjoyable.

Still no word, officially how the US version will differ from the UK, but, no matter to me since thanks chokalurok I nabbed one at Wishing Well for $16!!!!!

Thanks Matt!!

Here is a random observation on the Metal Shop-Metal Skool-Metal Sludge-Steel Panther releases...

What is with continually releasing the same songs over and over and over???

I mean here is the track listing to Feel The Steel:

1. Death To All But Metal

2. Asian Hooker

3. Community Property

4. Eyes Of A Panther

5. Fat Girl

6. Eatin' Ain't Cheatin'

7. Party All Day

8. Turn Out The Lights

9. Stripper Girl

10. The Shocker

11. Girl From Oklahoma

Of the 11 songs 3 appear on earlier releases, can't vouche for if they are different, but still? Like Metal Shop to Metal Skool why? And why drop the "Metal Shop" cut and add "Cleveland Rocks"? Death To All But Metal is still available through Metal Sludge on their "Whatever Happened To Sludge Volume 1 release from 2004 and Stripper Girl and Fat Girl are on both Metal Shop and Metal Skool releases. Why not throw on the Love Rocket cut , then I won't have to search out the Danger Kitty single?

Not complaining, cause I think the gimmick is really great and fricking funny, just wondering?

I must say watcking the myriad of you tube videos these guys have with the celibrities of the night are quite enjoyable.

Got the cd today and there are actually 12 tracks on it #12 being Hell's On Fire from the Metal Skool/Metal Shop releases.

Again not bitchin,too much, just wondering.

Maybe Dave manicego can fill us all in on Steel Panther and all ther incornations, I would not be surprised if Dave has hit the stage with them in a mildly buzzed state to sing Paradise City...

The simple reason that so many old Shop/School songs are on the Panther album is that most people dont own those albums, and to own them now would cost them $50+

The Metal Shop/Skool CDs were self released, with fairly low distribution compared to a big label like Universal.

As for the Shop/Skool renaming, I think they sold the name Metal Shop or something like that, so switched to Metal Skool as their name.

The Skool album pretty much had to replace the Metal Shop song, as that was no longer their name, and they also made several edits to the songs and skits as all the band members changed names as well (Rikki Ratchet became Satchel, Ginger Roxxx became Lexxi Foxx, Armando Lbs became Stixx Zidinia and Michael Diamond became Michael Starr)the

The difference between those two and the Steel Panther versions is that they have been fully recorded, where as the Skool CD just had one song swapped and some edits.

The simple reason that so many old Shop/School songs are on the Panther album is that most people dont own those albums, and to own them now would cost them $50+

The Metal Shop/Skool CDs were self released, with fairly low distribution compared to a big label like Universal.

As for the Shop/Skool renaming, I think they sold the name Metal Shop or something like that, so switched to Metal Skool as their name.

The Skool album pretty much had to replace the Metal Shop song, as that was no longer their name, and they also made several edits to the songs and skits as all the band members changed names as well (Rikki Ratchet became Satchel, Ginger Roxxx became Lexxi Foxx, Armando Lbs became Stixx Zidinia and Michael Diamond became Michael Starr)the

The difference between those two and the Steel Panther versions is that they have been fully recorded, where as the Skool CD just had one song swapped and some edits.

Thanks Cpt. I get most of it, but why not get all the tunes out then? I would assume the Danger Kitty stuff is not there's, probably owned by Discover Card. ANd call me dumb, but why drop the Metal Shop song just for a name change?

ANd speeaking of Michael Starr, what about the real Mike Star of AIC, wonder if he gets apiece of the name? Reminds me of when Michael Fox added the J cause there was already an actor with that name...

As I say, they didnt re-record the Skool CD, just editted it, but the Metal Shop song would have needed completely re-recording as its all about the band being called Metal Shop.

Cleveland Roxx wasnt actually recorded for the CD as it was originally done for the Drew Carey show, so it was a cheaper decision to just swap the songs out.

I will admit, I never understood why they didnt put Big boobs on the Steel Panther CD as that is probably my fave song from the Metal Shop CD, maybe they just didnt like it that much or the record label thought it wasnt good enough, I dunno!

Danger Kitty, as you say, probably isnt owned by the band, but they could still re-record it like what all the 80s bands did on those Deadline best ofs etc.

I'd hazard a guess that they probably dont think it would fit, as it doesnt have the same kind of humour in it.

As for Michael Starr/Mike Star, I would assume that there is significant difference being that one uses the shortened version of Michael, and only has one R in the surname.

As I say, they didnt re-record the Skool CD, just editted it, but the Metal Shop song would have needed completely re-recording as its all about the band being called Metal Shop.

Cleveland Roxx wasnt actually recorded for the CD as it was originally done for the Drew Carey show, so it was a cheaper decision to just swap the songs out.

I will admit, I never understood why they didnt put Big boobs on the Steel Panther CD as that is probably my fave song from the Metal Shop CD, maybe they just didnt like it that much or the record label thought it wasnt good enough, I dunno!

Danger Kitty, as you say, probably isnt owned by the band, but they could still re-record it like what all the 80s bands did on those Deadline best ofs etc.

I'd hazard a guess that they probably dont think it would fit, as it doesnt have the same kind of humour in it.

As for Michael Starr/Mike Star, I would assume that there is significant difference being that one uses the shortened version of Michael, and only has one R in the surname.

Big Boobs is good, but I have to say I wouldnt replace one song on the album for that....not even 'The Shocker' which is probably the weakest track.

What I wish they had included was either 'I Want Your Tits' or the cover of 'Fantasy Factory' both of which are awesome.

Cheers

Big Boobs is good, but I have to say I wouldnt replace one song on the album for that....not even 'The Shocker' which is probably the weakest track.

What I wish they had included was either 'I Want Your Tits' or the cover of 'Fantasy Factory' both of which are awesome.

As I said in the PM, I'm amazed by this. 'Big boobs' is probably my favourite of the lot, to be honest. From the opening riffs it's on, the verses are perfect and the chorus is just 80's hard rock at it's finest. To each their own, but easily in my top 3 favourite songs from these guys. Awesome lyrics too. :lol:

As I said in the PM, I'm amazed by this. 'Big boobs' is probably my favourite of the lot, to be honest. From the opening riffs it's on, the verses are perfect and the chorus is just 80's hard rock at it's finest. To each their own, but easily in my top 3 favourite songs from these guys. Awesome lyrics too. :lol:

I just dont think its got the hooks of the other songs.

I'd have to disagree purely on the basis that that was the first song by them that hooked me in.

Of the handful of songs on the Shop CD, that was the one I was singing along to first.

As for it replacing any songs on the Panther CD, firstly, I dont think it had to replace anything.

It wouldnt have hurt to have 13 songs on the CD instead of 12.

That said, if it was to replace any song, I would have gone with Hells on fire, as that was always my least fave Shop song. (not to say its a bad song, just my least fave on the Shop CD, thus not one of my top songs on the Panther CD either)

Maybe it will make a single b-side for those who have never heard it, but I'm hoping for something new on the Community property single when it hits the UK next month!

I'd have to disagree purely on the basis that that was the first song by them that hooked me in.

Of the handful of songs on the Shop CD, that was the one I was singing along to first.

As for it replacing any songs on the Panther CD, firstly, I dont think it had to replace anything.

That said, if it was to replace any song, I would have gone with Hells on fire, as that was always my least fave Shop song. (not to say its a bad song, just my least fave on the Shop CD, thus not one of my top songs on the Panther CD either)

Maybe it will make a single b-side for those who have never heard it, but I'm hoping for something new on the Community property single when it hits the UK next month!

Big Boobs would have fit the overly sexual theme of the majority of the other songs and I will agree with Cpt., Hells On Fire is not a bad song, but certainly, outside of the cover songs, one of thier weakest.

Again, just enjoying the debate. I have nothing but positive things to say about the band, the songs, the musicianship, the schtick are all first rate!

Still very curious as to how the US version will, if any, differ from the UK release?

Wow mate, I f love 'Hells On Fire'....killer hard rock song for me.

The b-side to Community Property is 'I Want Pussy' which im dying to hear.......if its a new song of course?????

Cheers

:lol: Are you serious? It's seriously called 'I want pussy?' I need to have these guys' children! Awesome, can't wait to hear it!!

And yeah, I said the same thing at the start too... should have just made it a 13 track CD with 'Big Boobs' on it. :)

Wow mate, I f love 'Hells On Fire'....killer hard rock song for me.

The b-side to Community Property is 'I Want Pussy' which im dying to hear.......if its a new song of course?????

Cheers

That song is not on any of the releases I have and I just played the Feel The Steel disc all daylong, I know it was amazing and quite addictive and the old songs are all re-recorded and sound really good. (Nothing wrong with the old versions though)

I change my Hell's On Fire as the worst song they have done........that title now belongs to Eyes OF A Panther, musically amazing, lyrically the stinker. :)

Everything on this cd is so awesomely produced, the way all albums should be and the new songs are real heavy. Best song as of today Asian Hooker!