Westerns

Jacob M.

I watched Shane on TCM earlier in the night. It was a pretty good movie. It would have been better if that little kid Joey wouldn't have been so annoying. He was like Dennis The Menace. Every few seconds he would say something like, "Shane, could you show me how to shoot a gun?" He didn't let up throughout the whole movie. I found the story incredibly close to that of Pale Rider. I'm guessing Clint was inspired by this movie.

this ones easy, Pale Rider, followed by Lust In The Dust!

Yesterday after I got off work I watched Escape From Fort Bravo. It was a pretty good western, but it seemed to end abruptly. A better ending would have made the film much better. After that I watched Hour Of The Gun. The film is about Wyatt Earp and the events surrounding the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral. It attempted to be as historically accurate as possible. The only problem is that in doing so it wasn't that entertaining. Tombstone was less accurate, but much more enjoyable.

• 3 weeks later...