Best guitar brand

Best Guitar Company?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My old guitar player had one of the 5150 heads.Ran it through a bunch of marshall cabs-didn't sound too bad.Didn't sound as a good as this ridiculous vintage marshall head he had though...geez i remember that thing sounding like a little god in a box.

Nothing compares to the sound of a vintage Marshall. Plug in a Les Paul Custom to that bad boy and crank it up, and I guarantee you will meet ALL your neighbors. :headbanger:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old guitar player had one of the 5150 heads.Ran it through a bunch of marshall cabs-didn't sound too bad.Didn't sound as a good as this ridiculous vintage marshall head he had though...geez i remember that thing sounding like a little god in a box.

Nothing compares to the sound of a vintage Marshall. Plug in a Les Paul Custom to that bad boy and crank it up, and I guarantee you will meet ALL your neighbors. :headbanger:

...and possibly local law enforcement... ;)

....and rid your home of unwanted vermin....

....and rid your home of unwanted vermin....

...and even wanted vermin...

A Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifer Stack will give it a hell of a run..

Have any of you played Eddies newest invention? I think its called the Wolfgang? I'm very interested, but none of the local stores carry it, and I can't figure out why.

Have any of you played Eddies newest invention? I think its called the Wolfgang? I'm very interested, but none of the local stores carry it, and I can't figure out why.

You Mean the New Guitar? I don't think it's out yet...

If it lives up to it's name, it will be moderately disappointing when used live, and will be somewhat difficult to play having all the grace of an awkward teenager.

If it lives up to it's name, it will be moderately disappointing when used live, and will be somewhat difficult to play having all the grace of an awkward teenager.

:rofl2: Ouch..But true and Funny!! :rofl2:

:rofl2: Ouch..But true and Funny!! :rofl2:

Where have we heard that statement before? :D

Yes the guitar, If its not out yet then its never coming out, has anybody even heard Wolfgang play? is he any good? I mean considering he is the Great One's son!

Yes the guitar, If its not out yet then its never coming out, has anybody even heard Wolfgang play? is he any good? I mean considering he is the Great One's son!

Wolfie (as Eddie Calls him) is pretty good for his age...

as far as the Guitar it should be out soon as I have seen pics of it....

I would really like to Play/Have a Parker Night Fly Guitar...I played one years

ago and it was awesome..

I'm not familiar, care to bring me up to speed,

http://www.parkerguitars.com/code/models/models_nitefly.asp

----------

At the moment I am thinking about expanding my collection with one of these:

http://www.steinberger.com/SS2FCST.html

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/gu...itar/index.html

A light little guitar that's easy in transport from home to rehearsal studios.

http://www.parkerguitars.com/code/models/models_nitefly.asp

----------

At the moment I am thinking about expanding my collection with one of these:

http://www.steinberger.com/SS2FCST.html

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/gu...itar/index.html

A light little guitar that's easy in transport from home to rehearsal studios.

My wife's uncle has a Steinberger he travels with. Ugly guitars IMHO, but damned if it doesn't play well and it is the perfect size for traveling.

What do you guys know about Bogner amps? my freinds being deployed to Afghanistan, he doesn't have time to sell his shit so he's taking it to the pawn shop, his amp head is a Bogner, I've never even heard of them, but He will sell it to me instead of pawning it, I don't want his cabs, but my 5150 head is finally meeting its doom, but I don't want to buy this thing if it's junk, any of you played one of these?

What do you guys know about Bogner amps? my freinds being deployed to Afghanistan, he doesn't have time to sell his shit so he's taking it to the pawn shop, his amp head is a Bogner, I've never even heard of them, but He will sell it to me instead of pawning it, I don't want his cabs, but my 5150 head is finally meeting its doom, but I don't want to buy this thing if it's junk, any of you played one of these?

Looks like a pretty good average for 10 ratings!

Bogner Tube Head

Never played one myself, but it looks like it's well liked across the board, and I've heard nothing but good things other than this review. Definitely heard of them, just already have enough other shit to spend my money on... ;)

My wife's uncle has a Steinberger he travels with. Ugly guitars IMHO, but damned if it doesn't play well and it is the perfect size for traveling.
Which is exactly why I am still inconclusive. I think they're not exactly the most beautiful guitar in the world (I do think they are haha-funny looking though), but the key factor has to be light and playability. I already have a backpack with my computer in it (for synthesizer duties), and have to be transporting a guitar as well. My Les Paul, Strat or Explorer would be so heavy that my arms would be dead to the world just from the bicycle ride to the studios... Light and playable; those are the only demands.

Which is exactly why I am still inconclusive. I think they're not exactly the most beautiful guitar in the world (I do think they are haha-funny looking though), but the key factor has to be light and playability. I already have a backpack with my computer in it (for synthesizer duties), and have to be transporting a guitar as well. My Les Paul, Strat or Explorer would be so heavy that my arms would be dead to the world just from the bicycle ride to the studios... Light and playable; those are the only demands.

IMHO I think it's going to fit both criteria extremely well. :)

IMHO I think it's going to fit both criteria extremely well. :)

On incredible thing about some Steinberger Models is the Trans-Trem whammy bar...not only does

it move up or down, but you can actually locked it into a different key and ALL the strings

are tuned perfectly.. you can move the bar and locked so that it transposes it up or down several steps...very cool... :beerbang:

I would really like to Play/Have a Parker Night Fly Guitar...I played one years

ago and it was awesome..

I'm not familiar, care to bring me up to speed,

They are cool looking guitars that some models are made with

a glass/resin composite, graphite neck and stainless steel frets...

Lite as hell, incredible sustain and a great neck with very fast

action... :bowdown:

• 2023 Gold Donors

...if you liked the sound of that 5150 you might wanna track down a Soldano SLO 100.

A Soldano??? Fuck! this is what I was getting at on an earlier post, I bought that 5150 (half of it) with money I got for high school graduation, in I've had it for ever, I've never really played anything else, like seriously played anything else, Back then I picked Peavey because I could instantly pick one out of a song, I could NEVER!!! tell that big of a difference in any other amp, but Peavey's totaly departed from that sound, and I don't know shit about any other brand, like Soldano, or Bogner, I've never even heard of all this shit, and its not exactly cheap, so I'm ultra hesitant about buying any of it. but I don't know how I'm going to find my new brand, after playing the new Peavey's, and a few of the Marshalls, at a place here by my house Today, I wasn't impressed by any of them! how do you guys figure this kind of shit out?