Hardline - Leaving The End Open

dethuniverse

Johnny's voice always sounds good, but the CD still doesn't sound anything like "Hardline" to me

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His voice, and a few choice musical moments, make it sound EXACTLY like Hardline to me. It's strong, it's melodic, it's got a good edge...all factors of classic Hardline. It may not have the production or the gloss (or the Schon) of the debut, but I like it...it's an enjoyable Rock record...

Quit babbling Pelata... Go get your next cd finished already! :hammer:

Considering my controversial views on the first disc, I'm genuinely surprised as to how much I liked the new song - have this one on pre-order....

IMO, it's gonna be one of those timeless records...it'll still sound awesome in 10 years...

Not sure how it can sound awesome in 10 years if it doesn't even sound particularly good right now... <_<

IMO, it's gonna be one of those timeless records...it'll still sound awesome in 10 years...

Not sure how it can sound awesome in 10 years if it doesn't even sound particularly good right now... <_<

Man...this is one of those times that I am really puzzled by the disappointment in a new record. It's loaded with great hooks, great vocals, great guitar...everything just feels so good about it. It's not really that far of a stretch for Hardline (which, admittedly, is now The Jhonny G. Band)...

I mean, it's not like Hardline have a string of classic, world renown albums like a Van Halen or a Def Leppard. They put out one record 17 years ago that was barely a blip on the radar (and another a few years ago). Double Eclipse has become a "classic" in its own right amongst us, obviously, and for good reason...its awesome! But IMO this new one is more than deserving of the Hardline name because of the feel...it's melodic, hook-filled, guitar driven Rock music just like the debut...I think its great!

History will be kind to this release, even if the present is not...just like Lep's Slang (off the top of my head).

I definitely have to get this....based on the samples alone, it cannot be as bad as some are saying.

It doesn't make sense to me..because the samples foreshadow a really good album! So, I'm not sure what the naysayers are thinking or expecting here.......so, I'll buy the CD and find out for myself. But...if it's a continuation of the samples..then I'm sure I'll be happy. The other music outside the samples will have to suck ass for me for this to be a 'bad' album....or even a disappointment.....

• 1 month later...

I still don't know what to make of this one. It's really not that bad (even if it's not Hardline-ish) but there does seem to be some purposeful avoidance of potentially great moments. The songs are just sitting in an inbetween place. Not great, not bad. Just there... hovering. I seriously don't mind this disc... but I do think with a few slight adjustments in song writing it could have been a lot better.

I think its a very strong album...after 2 spins, I didn't think a single song wasn't good...Johnny still has a great voice.

Exactly my thoughts !! : drink: I REALLY like this CD.

Quit babbling Pelata... Go get your next cd finished already! :hammer:

Hey, I'm heading into the studio on Saturday to finish the bonus track & 1 last song... :tumbsup:

It will probably been torn to pieces by these guys over here .................. :whistle:

Seriously...anyone who doesn't like the 1st Hardline disc has issues. I mean....if you don't like THAT disc, which to me personifies a GREAT hard rock record, then you just don't like hard rock. I mean...that album has ALL the right stuff. Melody......songs.....great vocals...great backing vocals...great production....it's bombastic! "Hands of Time" is one of the best ballads, so I just really don't get anyone on THIS message board that doesn't like it.

Weird........

The debut album is nothing short of BRILLIANT and came along at the ideal time to help get me through a really dark period in my life (Grunge).

That said, this new release is NOT Hardline, it's Josh Ramos and Johnny Gioelli... BIG DIFFERENCE. Not terrible, but certainly NOT Hardline. WAY TOO 2009 to be Hardline.

I don't think people realize how great a guitarist and song-writer Neil Schon is until he's no longer there. Also missing is the wonderful guitar talent of Joey Gioelli, the classic 80's basslines of local yahoo Todd Jensen and of some other local yahoo (local to me here in Portland, OR, anyway) DC on drums :)

That incarnation was nothing short of a super-group in my opinion, and produced a sound I've been looking for (and have been unable to find) since 1992.

WAY TOO 2009 to be Hardline

Maybe it's Hardline 2009?

Listen, Hardline only had one album before a LONG hiatus...and as for Schon, Hardline was already in existence...they were already recording when Schon came on and most of the songs were already written...

Anyway, the songs on this new Hardline album are very good...all this "it's not Hardline" talk is kinda silly...