Hardline - Leaving The End Open

dethuniverse

Yup. Hardline debut album is a top-10 disc, IMO. That and the Blue Tears S/T are seminal works in what the genre is all about...

Just got the new Hardline and am listening now. On first listen, it's closer to the quality of the debut than II, IMO. I'm hearing lots of things I like. Too soon to tell if it will even come close to the debut (that's a hard act to follow), but early impressions are quite positive.

-Dan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously...anyone who doesn't like the 1st Hardline disc has issues. I mean....if you don't like THAT disc, which to me personifies a GREAT hard rock record, then you just don't like hard rock. I mean...that album has ALL the right stuff. Melody......songs.....great vocals...great backing vocals...great production....it's bombastic! "Hands of Time" is one of the best ballads, so I just really don't get anyone on THIS message board that doesn't like it.

Weird........

Amen!

Yup. Hardline debut album is a top-10 disc, IMO. That and the Blue Tears S/T are seminal works in what the genre is all about...

Just got the new Hardline and am listening now. On first listen, it's closer to the quality of the debut than II, IMO. I'm hearing lots of things I like. Too soon to tell if it will even come close to the debut (that's a hard act to follow), but early impressions are quite positive.

-Dan

Thanks for the heads up :tumbsup:

4 sound samples now available for listening at: http://www.frontiers.it/Default.aspx?tabid=85&pl=H

Seriously...anyone who doesn't like the 1st Hardline disc has issues. I mean....if you don't like THAT disc, which to me personifies a GREAT hard rock record, then you just don't like hard rock. I mean...that album has ALL the right stuff. Melody......songs.....great vocals...great backing vocals...great production....it's bombastic! "Hands of Time" is one of the best ballads, so I just really don't get anyone on THIS message board that doesn't like it.

Weird........

I guess I'd add that I don't dislike it at all, crikey. Just think it's an 8/10 disc rather than the 10/10 disc that everyone else thinks it is. A few great songs short of being a classic IMO, & the songwriting isn't quite up to the par of the musicians involved, but I do like it.

I really like their 1st release, their 2nd one was pretty average.

Nothing more needs to be said :tumbsup:

• 2023 Gold Donors

I really loved their debut. It's definately one of those albums that I'd want if I was stranded on an island. The second one wasn't that hot for me. It had a few moments but that's it.

I heard the sound samples of the new one over at the main page and I agree that this one does sound more like their debut. Not as good based off of the 30 second clips but similar.

Hmm, sounded ok but not much to on on with just that small snippet. Anyone know if Neal Schon is involved with them again?

Nope Schon is all tied up in making tons of money in Journey.

Interested to hear this one.

:unsure: After hearing all the samples, nothing really jumps out and grabs me and it just seems to be your average run of the mill stuff......Will not be on my "To Get List"

Weird........

I guess I'd add that I don't dislike it at all, crikey. Just think it's an 8/10 disc rather than the 10/10 disc that everyone else thinks it is. A few great songs short of being a classic IMO, & the songwriting isn't quite up to the par of the musicians involved, but I do like it.

LOL...no problem, an 8 out of 10 is damn good! :drink:

After hearing all the samples, nothing really jumps out and grabs me and it just seems to be your average run of the mill stuff......

Backed. Loved the debut, thought "II" was pretty good as well, but this is just that it's-OK-but-nothing-special-run-of-the-mill stuff I stopped listening to years ago.

Weird........

100% backed. :tumbsup:

• My Little Pony

I'm liking it. I've been looking forward to this for a long time, and it's good to hear it's not disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

$#&%!@*#$@#@!&%#@!!!!!!!!

I'm happy to report that I will not mistakingly spend any of my hard earned cash on this... It's not even worthy of serving as a beer coaster for my poor defensless beer...

Ramos/Gioeli Project? Maybe... Johnny Gioeli solo CD? Maybe... Hardline? Not Even Close!.... :hammer:

The songs were ok at best, but nothing in the vein of the fantastic and timeless Hardline debut, and still not even close to Hardline II, which I also really liked. I flashed through each tune for about 1 minute each and was disgusted... I then tried to listen to them all the way through, and ended up going back to flashing through them.... Deleted....

This may even end up as my Disappointment Of The Year CD :crying:

I'm going back to listen to Johnny on the Axel Rudi Pell CD instead... At least it's tolorable :whistle:

I'm happy to report that I will not mistakingly spend any of my hard earned cash on this... It's not even worthy of serving as a beer coaster for my poor defensless beer...

Ramos/Gioeli Project? Maybe... Johnny Gioeli solo CD? Maybe... Hardline? Not Even Close!.... :hammer:

The songs were ok at best, but nothing in the vein of the fantastic and timeless Hardline debut, and still not even close to Hardline II, which I also really liked. I flashed through each tune for about 1 minute each and was disgusted... I then tried to listen to them all the way through, and ended up going back to flashing through them.... Deleted....

I'm going back to listen to Johnny on the Axel Rudi Pell CD instead... At least it's tolorable :whistle:

I didn't think it was that bad but I haven't listened real close yet. I will say that it is not better than the other two on first listen. I haven't been motivated to listen to it closely yet...that should tell you something :(

I hate to hear that and for the record the new ARP cd with Johnny is killer IMO. :tumbsup:

I'd have to agree a bit more with Jarred than Ty in this case. Ty is defintely right - this sounds NOTHING like Hardline and there are some really strange musical decisions here (eg. the symbals in the first chorus are dreadful) but I didn't think it was useless.

I just found myself sitting there for most songs thinking 'Wow, that's odd.' Hooks very avoided, choruses were weak, music was poorly chosen. I don't know, the whole thing just really doesn't gel. I don't think this is as good as 'II' (which I don't think much of) and I'm really not sure how this will hold up to future spins. Definitely not a good one, that's for sure.

Hmmm, I think it's infinitely better than II. Go figure... :anon::unsure:

Yer weerd lyk dat tho.... :whistle: