Hardline - Leaving The End Open

dethuniverse

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, sounded ok but not much to on on with just that small snippet. Anyone know if Neal Schon is involved with them again?

Hardly enough of a sample to get excited over and I doubt Neil Schon has any time for Hardline. I won't be first in line to get this one, I'll wait and see what others say before getting it.

I thought the sound sample was pretty decent for a slower tune. Definitely not enough to make it a keeper of an album yet, but at least it perked my curiosity which is more than I can say for their last cd.

Never got around to getting their 2nd disc. How was that one? Close enough to the debut to warrant buying?

It was crap compared to the excellent debut and compared to alot of other things to be honest. Live they were even worse.

Well, just spun the 2 second sample and I did like that one. Hard to form any thought on the entire disc based on something so small, but promising start. :)

Never got around to getting their 2nd disc. How was that one? Close enough to the debut to warrant buying?

It was crap compared to the excellent debut and compared to alot of other things to be honest. Live they were even worse.

You need to download some clips because opinions vary on the second. Mine is that it is as good as the debut.

I'm not afraid to stir up a debate, & obviously I'm the only person on Planet Heavy Harmonies with this view, but I didn't even think the first album was that good - considering the calibre of musicians involved. I'll not be bothering with this.

Now bring it on.

I'm not afraid to stir up a debate, & obviously I'm the only person on Planet Heavy Harmonies with this view, but I didn't even think the first album was that good - considering the calibre of musicians involved. I'll not be bothering with this.

Now bring it on.

It was and is good.

Debate over.

But seriously, with the "calibre of musicians involved" I personally (and now it's my turn to be all alone with an opinion) think it murders and shamelessly demolishes anything Journey even dreamt of releasing... or that they did release. :)

And btw, I probably don't rate it quite as high as most, but I do like it a lot.

Now bring it on.

It was and is good.

Debate over.

But seriously, with the "calibre of musicians involved" I personally (and now it's my turn to be all alone with an opinion) think it murders and shamelessly demolishes anything Journey even dreamt of releasing... or that they did release. :)

And btw, I probably don't rate it quite as high as most, but I do like it a lot.

Well I guess that's a style-thing, I prefer AOR over Hard Rock so am always going to love Journey more than this sort of plodding stuff. And vice versa with you. It would be fair to say that with the quality of musicians they had, Journey should have made more great/classic albums than they actually did, but I still think their catalogue easily beats that of a band that made one decent album & one pretty bad one....

Now bring it on.

It was and is good.

Debate over.

Well I guess that's a style-thing, I prefer AOR over Hard Rock so am always going to love Journey more than this sort of plodding stuff. And vice versa with you. It would be fair to say that with the quality of musicians they had, Journey should have made more great/classic albums than they actually did, but I still think their catalogue easily beats that of a band that made one decent album & one pretty bad one....

What, what and what...........jesus guys.

1. The Hardline debut is an awesome slab of melodic hard rock

2. The Journey back catalogue is just fine and dandy thanks.

Get real guys.

Now bring it on.

It was and is good.

Debate over.

Get real guys.

Hardline is a great disc, not quite a classic in my book, but still great. Their second disc really was very poor, maybe something to do with Neal Schon not being on it and the songs being complete rubbish. I also unfortunately witnessed them at the Gods festival in 2002 and to say they were a mess live would be an understatement. Definitely as case of a one hit album band for sure.

As TIM says above, it depends on which style you lean towards as to who you would prefer, but Journey, who have a huge back catologue of mainly great albums (1 or 2 with deserved classic status) leave Hardline standing and watching in wonder on the touchline, wishing they had Neal Schon back in the band.

Now bring it on.

It was and is good.

Debate over.

Get real guys.

Hardline is a great disc, not quite a classic in my book, but still great. Their second disc really was very poor, maybe something to do with Neal Schon not being on it and the songs being complete rubbish. I also unfortunately witnessed them at the Gods festival in 2002 and to say they were a mess live would be an understatement. Definitely as case of a one hit album band for sure.

As TIM says above, it depends on which style you lean towards as to who you would prefer, but Journey, who have a huge back catologue of mainly great albums (1 or 2 with deserved classic status) leave Hardline standing and watching in wonder on the touchline, wishing they had Neal Schon back in the band.

I can't believe so many didn't like the second one. If you are more of an aor person I can understand though.

Cool CD Cover... Dumb title... :rolleyes:

I didn't hate the second album, but it was far from good. Infinitely forgettable. The debut's not a "classic", imo, but it's a great hard rock disc. :)

I didn't hate the second album, but it was far from good. Infinitely forgettable. The debut's not a "classic", imo, but it's a great hard rock disc. :)

Sorry cousin the debut is a classic of the genre IMO. :bowdown:

But I've never heard the 2nd disc besides a song or two.

I disagree...big shock ;)

I loved the first album and really "liked" the second... This new one will be interesting...

Seriously...anyone who doesn't like the 1st Hardline disc has issues. I mean....if you don't like THAT disc, which to me personifies a GREAT hard rock record, then you just don't like hard rock. I mean...that album has ALL the right stuff. Melody......songs.....great vocals...great backing vocals...great production....it's bombastic! "Hands of Time" is one of the best ballads, so I just really don't get anyone on THIS message board that doesn't like it.

Weird........

Even if they didn't write it Hardlines version of "Hot Cherie" is still one of the greatest songs ever.