Donks trying to trade Cutler?

Mullethead

I'm hearing whispers the Vikes are ramping up talks with the Broncos again for Cutler. Only problem is they really have no decent quarterback to give them in return.

It doesn't matter if you don't have a QB to trade.

The new coach McDaniels probably thinks that he should be the Quarterback.

Seriously this was stupid thing to do for a new young coach and him and the new GM needs to get on their hands and knees and beg for Jay's forgiveness becasue if they don't settle this issue soon and he's not traded that team is fucked this year. Also Jay needs to quit answering questions about this and suck it up and move on and quit giving the media more to talk about.

It sure didn't take long before the heat was placed on Cutler. I thought he was supposed to be the next Elway? You would think the Broncos would have given him more time than that before thoughts of trading him started to come up.

It sure didn't take long before the heat was placed on Cutler. I thought he was supposed to be the next Elway? You would think the Broncos would have given him more time than that before thoughts of trading him started to come up.

He;s closer to Elway than Jake the Fake is.. :whistle:

I don't think anyone thinks he's the next Elway.

And after living in Denver you see how it's the media that puts this shit on the new QB's that have come since Elway. Poor Griese never had a chance in hell after he had to follow Elway but he did win some games.

I didn't have anything for or against Griese. I just thought people should have given him a chance. One of my teachers in high school was a Broncos fan and she was always cutting Griese down. Surprisingly there were other Broncos fans in the class too. It was sort of an anomoly. Anyway, the concensus seemed to be that no one liked Griese.

Hindsight is always 20/20. It really should have been Bubby Brister taking over after Elway. If I remember right he was promised the job, but they gave it to Griese anyway. Brister would have been more experienced and could have done more with the team. Letting Brister play would have given Griese more time.

• 4 weeks later...
No longer trying to trade him, he's gone. The Bears get him for 2- 1st rounders, a 3rd and Kyle Orton.

Yep...holy shit!

Who the hell is he gonna throw it to? Their #1 receiver is a converted cornerback.

:doh::doh::doh:

It'll be fine...I actually think Chicago got hosed. He's an immature baby....Denver is rebuilding & got some great picks. There are a ton of good QB's coming out next year. They will be fine...

:doh::doh::doh:

It'll be fine...I actually think Chicago got hosed. He's an immature baby....Denver is rebuilding & got some great picks. There are a ton of good QB's coming out next year. They will be fine...

Chris Simms is solid and will most likely be the starter as it stands now but even though Jay might be immature he had a huge upside considering his talent and age.

Chicago' s leading reciever last year was the rookie RB. #2 was a TE. #3 was Hester, a converted DB and return man. #4 was another TE. He has no one to throw downfield to in this "O". They had better plan on picking up someone from someplace becasue it ain't going to be in the draft.

Yeah, but.... 2 firsts, a third, and a fill-in QB to boot?

I think Denver made out just fine (assuming that he HAD to be traded and things couldn't be worked out).

I think Denver got a heck of a deal but I'm not looking forward to watching Kyle Orton or Chris Simms be my QB, especially with all that talent on Offense. I'm sure with one of the 1st round picks they'll get a QB probably Mark Sanchez, who I like, but again your waiting 2 or 3 more years to see if their any good.

I think Denver made out just fine (assuming that he HAD to be traded and things couldn't be worked out).

Agreed and I think Chris Simms is the back up. Kyle Orton actually did okay and with no receivers. Denver is loaded with receivers...I could see him being a fantasy sleeper next year.

Agreed and I think Chris Simms is the back up. Kyle Orton actually did okay and with no receivers. Denver is loaded with receivers...I could see him being a fantasy sleeper next year.

You have more faith than I do.

Having Kyle Orton as my starter is making me ill.

Hopefully he does something to change my mind but as of right now I don't have very high hopes.

Hopefully he does something to change my mind but as of right now I don't have very high hopes.

Take my advice buddy & keep the faith...I'm a Chiefs fan, all I have is faith ;)

Take my advice buddy & keep the faith...I'm a Chiefs fan, all I have is faith ;)

Yeah you've had it rough for the last couple of years I guess.

See but us Bronco fans have had to wait for the heir to Elways thrown for so long and when it looks like we have one bam he's gone. Now how many years will it be and how many Gus Ferotte's, Brian Griese's, and other average QB's do we have to go through to find another franchise QB. If the Bronco's stink this year I have a feeling that Josh Mcdaniels is gonna get lynched.

See but us Bronco fans have had to wait for the heir to Elways thrown for so long and when it looks like we have one bam he's gone. Now how many years will it be and how many Gus Ferotte's, Brian Griese's, and other average QB's do we have to go through to find another franchise QB. If the Bronco's stink this year I have a feeling that Josh Mcdaniels is gonna get lynched.

Yes but we haven't won a playoff game since 1993.... :crying:

Good point.

I was talking to one of my good friends who lives in the same town you do and he's a life long Bronco fan and he's already done canceled his NFL package subscription and says he don't plan on watching a game. And of course the poor guy is getting shit from all these Bears fans that are all of a sudden Bears fans since Cutler was traded there. Luckily here there's no Bears fans instead there's just a bunch of pissed off Bronco fans. Half of them are pissed off at the coach and owner and the other half are pissed off at Cutler.

Good point.

I was talking to one of my good friends who lives in the same town you do and he's a life long Bronco fan and he's already done canceled his NFL package subscription and says he don't plan on watching a game. And of course the poor guy is getting shit from all these Bears fans that are all of a sudden Bears fans since Cutler was traded there. Luckily here there's no Bears fans instead there's just a bunch of pissed off Bronco fans. Half of them are pissed off at the coach and owner and the other half are pissed off at Cutler.

That's a bit extreme and I would question his loyalty to the team he loves. $50 says he'll have the package by game two :)

Good point.

That's a bit extreme and I would question his loyalty to the team he loves. $50 says he'll have the package by game two :)

There's no doubt in my mind he'll get over it but I do understand his frustration.

I don't think he'll get the package again though unless I moved back to go in half on it but I'm not moving back anytime soon if ever so that's not gonna happen.