counrty songs being remade by rock artist

66 mustang

It may not exactly be a country song (it's more Southern Rock) but I heard a hilarious metal version of Skynrd's "Freebird" done by a thrash/death band called "Disarray" some time ago...

I can think of a few that are the other way around (country artists doing rock songs)... I know some country dude did "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" (the annoying Aerosmith song from the "Armageddon" movie) not long after the Aerosmith version was released... and Garth Brooks has covered KISS' "Hard Luck Woman" ... I'm sure there are more but I'm too brain fried to think of any now :blink:

Some Country Songs and the Rockers I'd like to hear covering them...

Angel Flying to Close to The Ground-ZZ TOP..I think they could really

put a stamp on this one...a slow smoldering blues...

She's Got The Rhythm, I've Got The Blues- Great White..they could really

rock this one out...

Folsom Prison Blues-Motorhead...Lemmy could do this one great..IMO..

:unsure: It will be interesting to see if any rock artists cover any songs off Bon Jovi's Lost Highway album :whistle::lol:

It's far more common to hear Cuntry artists covering Rock songs.

No one really cares much about other peoples spelling in these forums, but I do have to pick you up on one spelling mistake here :whistle::lol:

No one really cares much about other peoples spelling in these forums, but I do have to pick you up on one spelling mistake here :whistle::lol:

I don't think it was a mistake, it was intentionally :lol:

:rofl2: - I hear Willie Nelson is a bit of a Cuntry artist!

:rofl2: - I hear Willie Nelson is a bit of a Cuntry artist!

:rofl2:

Every Mothers Nightmare's cover of "Long Haired Country Boy" rocked.

backed :tumbsup:

SACRED DAWN did a really good cover of "THE DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA" & they played it at Rocklahoma last year...SOCIAL DISTORTION did a cover of "RING OF FIRE" & LIVE does a 'live' cover of "I WALK THE LINE" both by JOHNNY CASH...

:unsure: It will be interesting to see if any rock artists cover any songs off Bon Jovi's Lost Highway album :whistle::lol:

it amuses me how people are still digging at this album a year after the joke got old :whistle:

Old or not... It's still a joke nuntheless... :whistle:

it amuses me how people are still digging at this album a year after the joke got old :whistle:

And Bob & The Boys are still a bunch of Cuntry boys.

i will always quote the great Ray Charles on this one....."Music is Music"

i liked it, regardless of style....it still had jons vocals and richies solos :)

i will always quote the great Ray Charles on this one....."Music is Music"

i liked it, regardless of style....it still had jons vocals and richies solos :)

i wonder how Jason & the Scorchers fit into this topic. They have rocked many a country cover..

but some might consider them country as well.. I call them cowpunk.. I like them. Lot's of energy!

Tuff did a cover of Sixteen tons.

As mentioned already, Long haired country boy was an awesome cover by EMN.

Not necessarily relative to this site, and not sure if they have ever recorded it, but last time I saw Bowling For Soup, they did a wicked cover of Ring of fire.

i wonder how Jason & the Scorchers fit into this topic. They have rocked many a country cover..

but some might consider them country as well.. I call them cowpunk.. I like them. Lot's of energy!

I still own "White Lies" on a vinyl single from Jason & The Scorchers....Really liked that song :tumbsup: