Garrison - 'Hold Back the Night'

Geoff

Are we any closer to having the Garrison tracks re-issued on CD? I heard a few whispers recently that it is getting closer but still no info about it.

Those whispers better get louder. I have to admit that demos with sound quality this poor usually go straight to the "never again" pile for me, but I still play these regularly. The sound quality kills me but the songs are just that good I cannot ignore.

I think Andre may know more about this but he's holding out on us -_-

C'mon mate, any news?

That doesn't sound like something Andre would do! ;)

lol....he didnt hold out on me when I asked......must be because Im nice! ;-))

Either that or its on a need to know basis ;))

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we any closer to having the Garrison tracks re-issued on CD? I heard a few whispers recently that it is getting closer but still no info about it.

Those whispers better get louder. I have to admit that demos with sound quality this poor usually go straight to the "never again" pile for me, but I still play these regularly. The sound quality kills me but the songs are just that good I cannot ignore.

C'mon mate, any news?

I need to know. Immediately.

C'mon mate, any news?

Well I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Immediately.

C'mon mate, any news?

Fair enough, but make sure that you post it up here before you kill him. ;)

Amazing that these songs haven't been released yet, they are so much better than a lot of stuff out there. 'Hold Back The Night' is fantastic, 'Easy Street' is very good, 'Looking For A Stranger' is great, but the sound quality is awful. Let's hope someone releases these gems soon and does a good job on the sound.

C'mon mate, any news?

Fair enough, but make sure that you post it up here before you kill him. ;)

Amazing that these songs haven't been released yet, they are so much better than a lot of stuff out there. 'Hold Back The Night' is fantastic, 'Easy Street' is very good, 'Looking For A Stranger' is great, but the sound quality is awful. Let's hope someone releases these gems soon and does a good job on the sound.

To kill me you would need superhuman strength, a glockenspiel and a rabies-infested male pug. Do you have what it takes?

Seriously, what's with the secrecy surrounding this? If someone's going to release it and people already know, isn't it allowed to be put out there to the masses?

Blouses... ;)

Just be patient Geoff, "it won't happen overnight but it will happen." :)

Thats what his Mum always said....

She did, but it still hasn't shrunk. And I still don't know anything about a Garrison album.

She did, but it still hasn't shrunk. And I still don't know anything about a Garrison album.

OK girls here's what I know.

These tracks (about 20 in all) will be released next year as a double cd via a british label.

There you go..........now where's that pug ;-)

These tracks (about 20 in all) will be released next year as a double cd via a british label.

See, now that wasn't that hard, was it? I am now officially excited. I pray to my lord and saviour Jesus Christ that these songs will get some kind of treatment, soundwise, that they deserve, and I will then call this my favourite CD ever. Can I pre-order now anyway? :lol:

There is a devilishly handsome pug sitting right behind me, with a puggel snuggled in behind him for good measure. They're so cute. Hewwo my widdle squishy faced munchkins...

See, now that wasn't that hard, was it? I am now officially excited. I pray to my lord and saviour Jesus Christ that these songs will get some kind of treatment, soundwise, that they deserve, and I will then call this my favourite CD ever. Can I pre-order now anyway? :lol:

There is a devilishly handsome pug sitting right behind me, with a puggel snuggled in behind him for good measure. They're so cute. Hewwo my widdle squishy faced munchkins...

Top news, officially time to get excited!

Is there a glockenspiel lying around too?

• 2 months later...

Any news on this one yet?

Backed. Their tunes have come up in random play on both my Ipod and my Gigabeat recently and my heart skips a beat each time for how awesome the songs already are, and how awesome they could sound if given the right treatment.

Backed. Their tunes have come up in random play on both my Ipod and my Gigabeat recently and my heart skips a beat each time for how awesome the songs already are, and how awesome they could sound if given the right treatment.

Yeah, shame the sound quality is so poor, good songs that could really do with some technical wizadry.

Glen?

Yeah, shame the sound quality is so poor, good songs that could really do with some technical wizadry.

Glen?

No ive heard zip. i think the implication was 'sometime' in 2011.......good things come to those who wait!

We'll see.......

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Presumably something went wrong?

:doh:

• 1 year later...

Great band,hopefully someone will get hold of the masters and clean em up for a full on cd release,fingers firmly crossed

We were told it would happen in 2011. Nearly 2013 and still nothing. I won't be holding my breath. Disappointing though.

I'm getting impatient too...I want Garrison on CD!

I think we all do... how much would it cost for us to just do this ourselves? Anyone? :o

I think we all do... how much would it cost for us to just do this ourselves? Anyone? :o

It was sold on ebay a few weeks back from the 2007 timewarp records release...

It was sold on ebay a few weeks back from the 2007 timewarp records release...

It was more about a re-release, although not a serious proposition.

How much would it cost for a label to get the rights to this, remaster it, etc and release? Presumably the costs are prohibitively high...