Garrison - 'Hold Back the Night'

Geoff

Okay guys, just uploading the last few songs though it's much less than I thought:

1. Lies (both versions as there is an early version and a very different later version and I'm not sure which one you guys have.

2. Stay with me (Tonight)

3. Too Far Gone (original)

4. Magic Goes Away

5. Too Far Gone (1990)

6. Lies (2nd version)

7. Where were you (live)

Link to follow soon.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys, just uploading the last few songs though it's much less than I thought:

1. Lies (both versions as there is an early version and a very different later version and I'm not sure which one you guys have.

4. Magic Goes Away

5. Too Far Gone (1990)

6. Lies (2nd version)

7. Where were you (live)

Link to follow soon.

And here's the link for those last 7 songs:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZKTN5DSK

4. Magic Goes Away

5. Too Far Gone (1990)

6. Lies (2nd version)

7. Where were you (live)

Link to follow soon.

thanks Jefff

4. Magic Goes Away

5. Too Far Gone (1990)

6. Lies (2nd version)

7. Where were you (live)

Link to follow soon.

thanks Jefff

No worries, Napkin. It's not much, but the songs that aren't featured on the other download are all good ones.

the problem is where to score the original demotapes. i know a guy who has them(sold lots of nwobhm+ post nwobhm demos for big $$$$) but practically is like he doesn't have them coz he asks 3 digit numbers for them.... :doh:

4. Magic Goes Away

5. Too Far Gone (1990)

6. Lies (2nd version)

7. Where were you (live)

Link to follow soon.

Cool, thanks Geoff!

4. Magic Goes Away

5. Too Far Gone (1990)

6. Lies (2nd version)

7. Where were you (live)

Link to follow soon.

I just finished playing these extra tracks, all very nice songs! Incredible band!

4. Magic Goes Away

5. Too Far Gone (1990)

6. Lies (2nd version)

7. Where were you (live)

Link to follow soon.

I just finished playing these extra tracks, all very nice songs! Incredible band!

Backedasaurus! I lreally ove this band. I really want to see this stuff released in a well mastered and produced format.

does anyone have any more pics of this band?

Jeez, dude, they're not that good looking. Keep it in your pants.

does anyone have any more pics of this band?

Jeez, dude, they're not that good looking. Keep it in your pants.

i was bored last night! shutup. i was gonna make an album cover. YES I WAS THAT BORED!

I know, and I was hoping you'd email me the front and back cover you come up with too. 'Cause you're my buddy.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just out of curiosity, with all these labels finally releasing some older gems, has this one been considered by any of the labels? Is there any chance this will see a release? Just listening to the songs now and it's truly a crime that their earlier material is unreleased. Some of the best melodic rock I have ever heard.

Just out of curiosity, with all these labels finally releasing some older gems, has this one been considered by any of the labels? Is there any chance this will see a release? Just listening to the songs now and it's truly a crime that their earlier material is unreleased. Some of the best melodic rock I have ever heard.

Agreed, someone like Retrospect would be perfect for this stuff.

SAM DO IT - NOW!!

• 2 months later...

Liking the sound of this so far, downloaded from the links, but like a complete retard I now have 2 'RAR' files and no idea what to do with them. Can anyone tell me how to play the music?

:help:

Liking the sound of this so far, downloaded from the links, but like a complete retard I now have 2 'RAR' files and no idea what to do with them. Can anyone tell me how to play the music?

Just download Winrar...

http://www.rarlab.com/

It is free for 30 days I believe and then you can extract the files...

Just download Winrar...

http://www.rarlab.com/

It is free for 30 days I believe and then you can extract the files...

Lovely, thanks, worked a treat.

So far so good. Listened to a few tracks and they sound pretty good. Some of them sound a bit similar to White Lion, which rocks my world.

• 9 months later...

Are we any closer to having the Garrison tracks re-issued on CD? I heard a few whispers recently that it is getting closer but still no info about it.

Those whispers better get louder. I have to admit that demos with sound quality this poor usually go straight to the "never again" pile for me, but I still play these regularly. The sound quality kills me but the songs are just that good I cannot ignore.

Are we any closer to having the Garrison tracks re-issued on CD? I heard a few whispers recently that it is getting closer but still no info about it.

Those whispers better get louder. I have to admit that demos with sound quality this poor usually go straight to the "never again" pile for me, but I still play these regularly. The sound quality kills me but the songs are just that good I cannot ignore.

I think Andre may know more about this but he's holding out on us -_-

C'mon mate, any news?

I think Andre may know more about this but he's holding out on us -_-

C'mon mate, any news?

That doesn't sound like something Andre would do! ;)