concerts

rickinmd

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to try and make November concert free...

But in December I have KIX lined up for 2 show in Maryland and SANTA CRUZ with Station, Nasty Habit, and Wicked in New York City.

• My Little Pony

Saw Betty Who and Great Good Fine OK last Saturday, and I'm currently at the St. Lucia show in Vancouver. Experiencing technical difficulties, so I had time to post.

Orphaned Land, Benighted Soul & Mylidian this coming Friday ...

Eluveitie, Arkona and Skalmold next Tuesday ...

I'm guessing neither line-up is likely to float many of your boats :)

So, me and the boy JamesEagle headed off to Tufnell Park on Friday to see Mylidian (absolutely fantastic - far better than I was expecting), Silent Opera (I thought they were rubbish, JE quite liked 'em) and Orphaned Land (in a word - brilliant) ... the posters and other advertising led us to believe we'd be seeing Benighted Soul (who I was looking forward to), but for some reason we ended up with Silent Opera instead ... *sob* ...

Tomorrow: Skalmold, Arkona and Eluveitie in Islington ...

Where the hell is James anyway?

I miss his bizarre opinions :-)

On topic :

Vega / Newman

Newman were surprisingly off on the night - Steve sounded like shit tbh, but I suspect he was suffering with a cold.

As were Vega - a real shame as Workman sounded great even with a cold. He actually sounds better live than on record. He's such a good frontman as well. Shame they balls the curfew up and only played 40 mins. So worth seeing live and hope to catch them again under better circumstances.

• My Little Pony

^^^^ Sweet !

Yeah, it was pretty good. Alice was better, though. He had a full hour to himself, had all his props, so it was a proper Alice Cooper show. The Crue had a shit-tonne of pyrotechnics, and Tommy had a roller coaster track for his kit, but Vince Neil can't sing worth shit anymore. The fat bastard was constantly out of breath, and only sung half the lyrics.

I've thing you u'stan

Not call gla' man

Got thing 'stood

Dr. Feelgood

But they still put on a great show. A full two hours of entertainment. So, three hours in total... I was not disappointed.

I've got one more concert for the year coming up this Tuesday, but it's nothing anybody here would probably care about. I guess I gotta start looking out for shows next year. I really hope Harem Scarem decide to tour Canada.

• My Little Pony

Last night was my last show of the year, and it couldn't have been any better.

Panama Wedding, Magic Man, and Smallpools were incredible. It was the final night of their tour, so they were just having fun. I'll post some tracks in my thread so you know what I was dealing with.

Imelda May on Tuesday next week ... a pleasant change from the usual pounding metal :)

Imelda May was FANTASTIC last night - two hours of top quality blues/rockabilly ... by God, the woman can carry a tune! ;)

This Friday night... Headed up to New York City for SANTA CRUZ (First ever USA show), Station, and Nasty Habit.

Next Friday and Saturday night it's KIX and their KIXMAS shows.

I think that is it for this year... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Michael Schenkers Temple of Rock on Tuesday, pretty good show and lots of smiles from Schenker, good set list but rather they hadn't played Rock You Like A Hurricane and Blackout, Doogie White is a bit of an acquired taste

• 4 weeks later...

Tomorrow night... Lillian Axe and 4 local bands in Baltimore.