concerts

rickinmd

• 4 weeks later...

Last night, me an' the boy JamesEagle went to see

The Mars Chronicles (WHY were the entire band painted white?)

KHALAS (hugely entertaining ... be interested to see how they sound on disc)

Klone (I wasn't at all impressed, but JE quite liked 'em)

Orphaned Land (absolutely fantastic - I now need to go out and buy all their CDs!)

During my week off. I had the pleasure (or displeasure in one case) of seeing Sweet who were fantastic., Slade, who were remarkably poor and the fantastic homecoming gig of Marillion at The Waterside Theatre in Aylesbury. Nice and diverse...just the way I like it.

• My Little Pony

During my week off. I had the pleasure (or displeasure in one case) of seeing Sweet who were fantastic., Slade, who were remarkably poor and the fantastic homecoming gig of Marillion at The Waterside Theatre in Aylesbury. Nice and diverse...just the way I like it.

I was always under the impression Slade put on a good show. Or was this just a bad night?

This coming Sunday, me and the boy Eagle will be feeling our age at The Forum - Hell, Bleed From Within, Carcass and Amon Amarth ... I do hope my boss isn't expecting great things from me on Monday!

I was always under the impression Slade put on a good show. Or was this just a bad night?

They did about 30 years ago ;-)

They did about 30 years ago ;-)

Exactly!!...Saw them at The Marquees for a Xmas gig in the early 80's and they were brilliant, unfortunately now they haven't got Noddy or Jim Lea, so it's the Dave Hill show...and hence why they are crappola.

ohhhh... a busy week.

Last weekend I saw RAVEN, RONNIE MUNROE, MICHAEL ANGELO BALTIO (insanely awesome), SPREAD EAGLE amongst others... WHITE TRASH still sucks.. left early.

This past Thursday and Saturday I saw CHERIE CURRIE (The Runaways) in both Pittsburgh and Falls Church, VA. (About 14 total hours of driving).

More good stuff coming up real soon... Charm City Devils, Mitch Allan (SR-71), and KIX x2.

• My Little Pony

ohhhh... a busy week.

Last weekend I saw RAVEN, RONNIE MUNROE, MICHAEL ANGELO BALTIO (insanely awesome), SPREAD EAGLE amongst others... WHITE TRASH still sucks.. left early.

This past Thursday and Saturday I saw CHERIE CURRIE (The Runaways) in both Pittsburgh and Falls Church, VA. (About 14 total hours of driving).

More good stuff coming up real soon... Charm City Devils, Mitch Allan (SR-71), and KIX x2.

Dave, what's the word on the new KIX album?

Last night at the Forum in Kentish Town:

Hell (part Angel Witch, part Mercyful Fate, part Maiden, all bonkers)

Bleed From Within (in a word - shite. Every song started with the lead singer up on the monitors going: 'Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgghhhhhhhhh!' :()

Carcass (hampered by poor sound, but utterly brilliant nevertheless)

Amon Amarth (an absolute MONSTER of a band!)

ohhhh... a busy week.

I'm pretty sure most of it is recorded... I'll be talking to Ronnie (guitar) really soon and I'll see if he can fill me in a bit.

• My Little Pony

ohhhh... a busy week.

I'm pretty sure most of it is recorded... I'll be talking to Ronnie (guitar) really soon and I'll see if he can fill me in a bit.

Nice. You're my boy, Blue!

Bleed From Within (in a word - shite. Every song started with the lead singer up on the monitors going: 'Raaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgghhhhhhhhh!' :()

'Twas a great night, but for me, Orphaned Land edged it as live band of the week (and therefore month ... and therefore year!)

OL were incredible! More people should see this band - crying shame that the audience was quite small when the show is so feckin' brilliant.

I went to see KAMELOT two days ago. Great performance !! The frontman is the ex-Seventh Wonder vocalist and he sure has some great pipes.

'Twas a great night, but for me, Orphaned Land edged it as live band of the week (and therefore month ... and therefore year!)

OL were incredible! More people should see this band - crying shame that the audience was quite small when the show is so feckin' brilliant.

Next stop, Sound Storm, The Devil, Arkona and Therion ... :)

• My Little Pony

Oh, snap! Loudness are touring North America next year, and they're actually coming to my town, Vancouver!! April 21. There's no way I'm missing this. I found out the most random way, too. Bandsintown informed me... because I track Sly and the Family Stone. What?!

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully ... although The Devil won't be playing. :crying:

Hopefully ... although The Devil won't be playing. :crying:

Well, I suppose it being so close to Christmas, he's trying to keep a low profile?

So Coma are playing instead?

• 3 weeks later...

Aaaand, yes, Sound Storm, Arkona and Therion were brilliant ... so much so, that I bought the new Sound Storm CD there and then - getting it signed by the two singers, to boot - plus I ordered two Therion CDs ... the boy Eagle may have gone a bit nuts in Arkona's online shop ... :)

Aaaand, yes, Sound Storm, Arkona and Therion were brilliant ... so much so, that I bought the new Sound Storm CD there and then - getting it signed by the two singers, to boot - plus I ordered two Therion CDs ... the boy Eagle may have gone a bit nuts in Arkona's online shop ... :)

Arkona were awesome, probably the second best live band I saw this year (no one can touch Orphaned Land)!

Don't be fooled by the innocent looks, this is one scary (and extremely entertaining) lady:

masha1.jpg

Arkona were awesome, probably the second best live band I saw this year (no one can touch Orphaned Land)!

Don't be fooled by the innocent looks, this is one scary (and extremely entertaining) lady:

masha1.jpg

Madder than a badger on stilts ... it'd be good to see them make it back to the UK at some point ...

masha1.jpg

Madder than a badger on stilts ... it'd be good to see them make it back to the UK at some point ...

Mad, yet strangely alluring...