concerts

rickinmd

Saw Night Ranger last Thursday. First time seeing them. They were AWESOME! Played all the hits plus a couple songs off the new album as well as a Doors song and Ozzy's "Crazy Train". Best part is they really looked like they were having a great time up there.

Excellent mate, glad you enjoyed it, they played a one off show in the UK last night which apparently was superb and the feedback was similar to yours in that they really seem to enjoy what they're doing!

I did get to see them last year and they were fab.

• My Little Pony

I'ma see the 'Foot tomorrow night. I can't wait.

Blackfoot??? :)

No. The Chicken variety.

Cool!!!

Black Stone Cherry opened, which was a nice surprise. They were great. Now I'm just waiting for the 'Foot to hit the stage. Oh, here we go.

Last gig I went to was Girlschool at the Gosport Festival. The ladies played a decent set - Emergency, Demoliton boys, Race with the Devil, etc - plus a couple of new songs that sounded worth buying. There were a few things working against them though.

1. The crowd was visibly shrinking every time I looked around. A Metal band is an odd choice for a small family festival anyway so after a few songs the casual fest-goers sloped off home and left the metalheads to it.

2. The PA blew up three songs in and by the time the sound was back on the band had to build up the momentum all over again.

3. And lastly, the security took issue to one punk lad being overexuberant down the front and manhandled him off the site with an arm around his throat. Naturally all his mates left with him so a big, enthusiastic chunk of the crowd abruptly vanished. Left a nasty taste in the mouth and it didn't help that the security then kept meerkatting up from behind the barrier anytime somebody looked like they might be enjoying themselves.

File under "That could have gone better"

Rumours at the moment suggesting Machine Head (which bears no relation to 6.6.6 as far as I know and would definitely put me off going to the festival) and Mercyful Fate. The latter would make sense and fit with the vague clues we have. Probably more likely than my guess.

As we've previously discussed elsewhere, I may not be held responsibile for my actions if it's Mercyful Fate ... I'd happily sell my grandmother to the glue factory to see THEM! Sadly, Machine Head are being mentioned in connection with a lot of UK Festivals this year ...

Right, sorry folks, but I need a good rant to get this out of my system. Quoted the above just so Gibbo can have the satisfaction of saying, "I told you so". So the Bloodstock Open Air festival in Derbyshire, England in August was due to announce its Saturday headliner yesterday. All they had been able to tell us in advance of the announcement was this:

Due to circumstances beyond our control - all of which will become apparent - We are unable to share the name of the Saturday Night headliner at this point. What we can tell you is this; The Saturday night at Bloodstock will see the festival's most prestigious and exciting headliner to date, doing something very, very special, at their first ever UK Festival Headline slot. All will be revealed at 6pm on the 6th June 2012.

Bloodstock band booker Vicky Gregory say's:"To say we are excited is an understatement! This is the biggest metal act we have ever had and a band we have wanted to see at Bloodstock for years.. we're just gutted we can't announce them until 6th June at 6pm, but it's definitely worth the wait!"

I was pretty excited by the mystery and also really looking forward to Testament and Sanctuary, who had already been confirmed for the Saturday. For me, the key evidence looked like the fact that it was a band they had wanted to see for years, so someone who has been around a while and the time of the announcement – 6/6/6. I was pretty convinced it had to be Mercyful Fate or Slayer. I just couldn't think of anyone else that would fit the bill.

So, the announcement is made and it's … Machine Head. Machine f***ing Head. You what? Surely some sort of joke? In what way do the clues even remotely point to Machine Head? So the whole 6/6/6 thing is completely irrelevant. And the "biggest metal act we have ever had"? Seriously? I would say Testament, Paradise Lost, Sepultura and possibly others in this year's bill are bigger than MH without even considering previous years' acts. Count me enormously, massively, stupendously disappointed. (I had their debut album and it was pretty good, but they aren't really my bag, I hated the last album and I was expecting something much better.)

:explode:

I was tempted to go anyway and leave before the headliners, just to see Testament and Sanctuary, but I'm so annoyed about this that I don't think I can bring myself to go at all.

OK, rant over. Got that off my chest and now I feel a teensy bit better. Calm.

Went to see Night Ranger at the O2 Islington last week and they were f awesome.

Best part for me was when they played 'Four In The Morning' and 'When I See You Cry' back to back.....sheer melodic bliss for me.

Went to see Night Ranger at the O2 Islington last week and they were f awesome.

Best part for me was when they played 'Four In The Morning' and 'When I See You Cry' back to back.....sheer melodic bliss for me.

Four In The Morning is my fav Night Ranger song. Hearing them play it live was absolutley fantastic.

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked up Crazy Lixx / Fatal Smile @ The Underworld, Camden in September.

Cant wait...........

I was quite tempted by that one. Still mulling it over. Also thinking about Steel Panther in London in November. Should be funny, right?

Cant wait...........

I was quite tempted by that one. Still mulling it over. Also thinking about Steel Panther in London in November. Should be funny, right?

Wow mate I'd forget about SP - must have sold out after a few minutes!!

Cant wait...........

Fair enough. I'd like to see them, but wouldn't be able to get tickets until next month at the earliest, so it looks like I'll miss out. No gigs so far in 2012, I'll have to get some in soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hooked up on the list for the opening night of the KISS tour with Motley Crue on Friday night.

Just found out tonight that I've got an invite to an unannounced as of yet KISS / Crue show the night prior to the official opening night. It's an invite only deal for millitary and family where both bands will play the same set that they will do on tour... It's kind of a dress rehearsal prior to the start of the tour. It is apparently a pretty elaberate stage set and they will be testing out everything on Thursday night.

Though I'm not really a big KISS fan at all... It would have been tough to pass up this opportunity. Should be a fun weekend..

Cant wait...........

Someone tells me tickets are available for this one. Could still be game on...

Cant wait...........

Go for it, you wont regret it...great live band.

Cant wait...........

You're not tempted? :poke:

;)

Cant wait...........

;)

Surprised to see the stalls is standing.

Ive too much on though (Halestorm, Crazy Lixx, Jettblack, plus no doubt Vega in November) to go to this, and still holding out for HEAT and JSS as well.

;)

Surprised to see the stalls is standing.

Ive too much on though (Halestorm, Crazy Lixx, Jettblack, plus no doubt Vega in November) to go to this, and still holding out for HEAT and JSS as well.

Fair enough, just thought I'd ask. :D

Anyone see Slash w/ Myles yet? I'm very seriously contemplating a purchase in the next week or so, just to make sure I don't miss out.

• My Little Pony

So, I just bought tix for the Journey/Loverboy/Night Ranger show in Vancouver on Dec 3. I'm actually more excited for Loverboy and Night Ranger than Journey, but it should all be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Last concert I went to was Whitesnake/Skid Row/L.A. Guns at Wisconsin State Fair in August 2011........L.A. Guns was good but too short, Skid Row was horrible(mistakes, especially in I Remember You), and Whitesnake was quite good, although David Coverdale's voice was showing some strain towards the end of the show. Whitesnake also did quite a good mix of songs from their catalog and played several songs off of Forevermore. The title track, Forevermore, sounds great live. Doug Alrich and Reb Beach are awesome live guitarists, and Brian Tichy's Drum solo was very cool as well!

Saw Trixter and Firehouse last night at the Sioux Empire Fair. Had to leave before Warrant went on because it was already 10pm and my 10yr old was ready to go. Trixter was insane! So glad I finally got to see them. Also got to meet the band which was pretty cool. Firehouse was awesome as they always are. C.J, said this is has been the longest Sunday ever, they were in Seoul, South Korea for a show for 35000 fans, jumped on a plane and flew to Sioux Falls, South Dakota for the fair show. With the 14hr time change both shows were done on the same day! And they still kicked ass! Frank Hannon from Tesla would come onstage with his acoustic guitar between sets and play a few songs while the next act was setting up and he was very good as well.

In August I've got:

Crashdiet

and then

L.A. Guns

I'll be in Stamfort Ct. and New Jersey on Friday night of this week... I'm hoping to find something going on up that way for Friday night.

Had to leave before Warrant went on

That would be my approach for any gig Warrant were playing! :D

:anon: