concerts

rickinmd

On ‎05‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 9:01 PM, Silverkin said:

:)  are you going?

I did go, and what a great show it was!!!! Great performance, crowd interaction, good setlist with a couple surprises (loved that they played ''Let Me Lay My Love On You'' including Johnny surfing through the crowd on a gear box with wheels during the outro solo). These guys have so much energy and are just downright cool, likeable dudes. I'd recommend everyone go see them if they have the chance, I certainly will again

Only downside was being stuck in Birmingham for an additional 2 days because of the snow :( but made it back home now

4 hours ago, simo said:

I did go, and what a great show it was!!!! Great performance, crowd interaction, good setlist with a couple surprises (loved that they played ''Let Me Lay My Love On You'' including Johnny surfing through the crowd on a gear box with wheels during the outro solo). These guys have so much energy and are just downright cool, likeable dudes. I'd recommend everyone go see them if they have the chance, I certainly will again

Only downside was being stuck in Birmingham for an additional 2 days because of the snow :( but made it back home now

Yaaay, glad you enjoyed it (and made it)!

How on earth could you be sorry to have an extra 2 days in Brum though? You could have come out to the home of Heavy Metal in the Black Country and gone sledging with us in Stourbridge  :headbanger:

• 1 month later...

Saw Saliva last night in Melbourne.

Great show - recommend it to anyone in a state they are yet to get to over the next few days.

$80 on the door was a bit steep, particularly as they played for only an hour.

Also, there was a genuine call for an encore which was ignored.
These days all encores are pretty much planned, with the best songs being saved for them.
Everyone expects the m to come back out so there is not chant or anything.

Last night they played their 2 biggest hits last, everyone knew that was the end, but they wanted more, and chanted for more.
A genuine call for more music and it didn't happen which was sad.

But still it was a good show. I even got in the mosh pit for a while :)

18 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Saw Saliva last night in Melbourne.

Great show - recommend it to anyone in a state they are yet to get to over the next few days.

$80 on the door was a bit steep, particularly as they played for only an hour.

Also, there was a genuine call for an encore which was ignored.
These days all encores are pretty much planned, with the best songs being saved for them.
Everyone expects the m to come back out so there is not chant or anything.

Last night they played their 2 biggest hits last, everyone knew that was the end, but they wanted more, and chanted for more.
A genuine call for more music and it didn't happen which was sad.

But still it was a good show. I even got in the mosh pit for a while :)

Not even being close to being a big enough band to ask $80 at the door or in advance!  $38 2 years in a row to see Y&T for over a 2(TWO) hour show!

Yeah, but I accept that it's a bit different in getting all the way over here.

Online tickets were $69 or 4 for $220.
Didn't get them as I was waiting for my kids to decide if they wanted to go and they bailed at the last minute.

The venue was only half full, which was surprising. Maybe ticket cost had something to do with that. Also it was a Thursday night.
You'd think that given the show hadn't sold very well and that the venue was smack bang in the middle of the city they'd try and drag people in with cheap tix.,

I looked up their set lists and they don't change really much at all, and they never seem to play longer than an hour.

Regardless, I'm happy to pay, but you just want value for money. No reason they couldn't play a few more songs.

Have Robbie Williams next week.
Normally his shows sell out pretty fast, but this is at a winery and also on a Thurs night so tix still available.

They are $130.
Touring bands ain't cheap in Australia....

Steel Panther just announces.
Australian tour

STEEL PANTHER ANNOUNCE 2018 AUSTRALIAN TOUR, WITH A SEXY TWIST
Ladies and gentlemen, in a world-first event, Steel Panther are going to be double-penetrating down under.

That’s right, your favourite riff-blasting wigged-up Sunset Strippers have just announced an Australian tour for this May, where they’ll be playing not one but TWO sets each night.

Stopping in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, the Sunset Strip Live! Tour will see Aussie fanthers treated to a whole evening’s worth of Panther pandemonium, with the band’s first set comprised of all your fave OG tunes like ‘The Shocker’, ‘Community Property’ and ‘Death To All But Metal’ and the second set featuring a stack of classic rock n’ roll covers.

So get ready for a double dose of ’80s-inspired riffage, blistering musicianship and dick jokes, kiddies. Catch all the tour dates and ticket details, below.

Steel Panther last toured Australia in 2016, and have since released their latest album Lower the Bar.

28235404_966279710215759_432577391185724

Well this sucks.
I'll be out of the country.
Never seen them, would love to. Hopefully next time...

*Huge Announcement*

We’re very excited to announce that this summer we’re heading back to Australia to Bring The House Down Under!!

Tickets go on sale 9:00am on Monday, Feb 26! 1f918_1f3fc.png??

28235675_147893635881805_592358702392523
JUN14
14 June–17 June · Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide
84 people interested

• 2 weeks later...

Catalano will be opening for Cruel Intentions in Stockholm on July 13, can't miss this opportunity. Never had a chance to see De La Cruz cause they only played in Australia and this will be the first Catalano show in Europe (maybe ever, don't recall them playing shows in Australia or New Zealand as it was more of a ''solo project'' until not so long ago)

• 4 months later...

I saw today that there is some achestral AD/Dc show coming up with Ripper Owens singing and other more local dudes making up the band.
Doesn't interest me much, but just posting for anyone who might be interested.

Just use Google :)

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Billy Idol in Gävle, Sweden on the 25th. I had a blast. I thought the setlist was excellent. For the casual listener, maybe it was a long wait for the hits, but if you had made just a little effort to listen to his back catalogue, you would have appreciated the whole gig. I think he has a treasure trove of songs, beyond the famous hits. 

The setlist was:

2. Encore:
I would've loved Cradle of Love in there and John Wayne, Speed, Whiskey and Pills etc etc, but if I were to have my way, the gig would have been 30 songs long.
A special mention goes to Steve Stevens. What an incredible guitar player. 

Setlist I saw was 

Postcards From the Past
Cradle of Love
Can't Break Me Down
Dancing With Myself
Flesh for Fantasy
Save Me Now
Ready Steady Go
Sweet Sixteen
Eyes Without a Face
L.A. Woman
Guitar Solo
Whiskey and Pills
Blue Highway
Rebel Yell

White Wedding
Drum Solo
Mony Mony

Missing
Hot In The City
Eyes Without A Face
To Be A Lover
Speed

But you never get all the songs you want and I was really impressed with the set list.

There a return tour down of  Stryper here in Australia, White Widdow are supporting them in Victoria , Radio Sun are supporting them in New South Wales.

9 hours ago, Doggy said:

There a return tour down of  Stryper here in Australia, White Widdow are supporting them in Victoria , Radio Sun are supporting them in New South Wales.

Really?
I saw them here in probably the late 80's
Not sure if they've been back since.
Might be worth a look.
I'd want to see a setlist first as they are a band who traditionally plays the songs I like less and not the ones I like more.

Lightforce supported first tour, second tour the Roseanna's Raiders, most recent tour before this tour I cannot remember must be hit by one those bibles they used throw out. 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Kristian said:

I rarely go to concerts these days, BUT, I just bought two tickets for me wife and I to H.E.A.T in Hamburg, on Dec 16th.

Support acts are Shiraz Lane and One Desire, so it should be a tremendous night ?

Very nice....Be sure to share your thoughts on the show!

I'd absolutely love to see that show.  I toyed with the idea of even travelling to Europe from the USA to catch one but the wife promptly shot it down.  I feel lucky to have seen H.e.a.t a couple times in Chicago though.....Easily among my favorite concerts ever.  The energy in their shows makes me feel like I'm 30 years younger :)  And such good guys to talk to if you get the chance.....Very humble and appreciative from everything I saw.

And to see Shiraz Lane and OD too....Wow, that'll be amazing.

• 3 months later...
  • My Little Pony
18 hours ago, Glen said:

Just saw The Night Flight Orchestra in London.

Wow. Gig of year.

Simply amazing. 

So cool. I doubt I'll ever get the chance. 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:28 PM, Glen said:

Just saw The Night Flight Orchestra in London.

Wow. Gig of year.

Simply amazing. 

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

So cool. I doubt I'll ever get the chance. 

Agreed,very much doubt they'll ever come here...

Took  my wife and sons to see Def Leppard on their Hysteria & more tour last night in Belfast...brilliant show,support from the fantastic Cheap Trick was a big plus point also  :) both bands played a top show.

• 2 weeks later...

We've got Butch Walker touring which would be awesome, but $75 is a bit rich. Prolly still go though.

Also Corabi solo playing MC'94 in full. Saw him once before and he was really good.
Hopefully will play some of the solo stuff as well.