concerts

rickinmd

Saw Crazy Lixx last night. Here's the whole footage of the show (not mine actually). Some technical difficulties in the beginning but that was a great show overall. As for me I loved it.

https://www.facebook.com/crazylixx/videos/1565567190130136/

• My Little Pony

Helix, Honeymoon Suite, and Randy Bachman on the bill today. Gonna be awesome!!

Very cool, I saw Helix many years ago and they put on a really fun show. Did Honeymoon Suite and Helix primarily play their old stuff or was it a mix of old and new songs?

Sorry for ignoring this. Yeah, primarily their older material, but they both threw in some new songs. Helix does a pretty good job of mixing it up.

Night Ranger at the Northwest Washington Fair tonight! Anyone else going?

Man I had no idea NR was in the area! It would have been a deep drive from Seattle. How were they?

• My Little Pony

Man I had no idea NR was in the area! It would have been a deep drive from Seattle. How were they?

It's only a two hour drive, mate. Not so bad. You would have been home and in bed by 11:30. For me it was only 20 minutes. It was actually closer than driving into Vancouver.

They were great, as always. Played a good assortment of their catalogue. And smashed out a few covers for good measure.

It's only a two hour drive, mate. Not so bad. You would have been home and in bed by 11:30. For me it was only 20 minutes. It was actually closer than driving into Vancouver.

They were great, as always. Played a good assortment of their catalog. And smashed out a few covers for good measure.

11:30 lol <-- I try to get to bed before 2 depending on the night

Glad to hear it. I wish I had known they were playing, I would've been there

I think you're the only person on this forum that are in the PNW

My buddy wants to go see Scorpions and Megadeth at the end of this month at the T-Dome, Sept 30th

You goin?

• My Little Pony

They were great, as always. Played a good assortment of their catalog. And smashed out a few covers for good measure.

11:30 lol <-- I try to get to bed before 2 depending on the night

Glad to hear it. I wish I had known they were playing, I would've been there

I think you're the only person on this forum that are in the PNW

My buddy wants to go see Scorpions and Megadeth at the end of this month at the T-Dome, Sept 30th

You goin?

Axeslinger is from the Vancouver area, too. Though he's not on here much anymore, and he prefers the heavier end of our genre, so he wouldn't have bothered with Night Ranger.

I don't listen to Megadeth at all, and haven't listened to the Scorps much in recent years, so, no, I won't be going.

• 1 month later...

Got a busy month coming up...

Alice Cooper & Ace Frehley on 20th Oct (managed to get Gold seats at half price)

Rose Tattoo & The Angels on 27th Oct

Rock Monsters on 6th Nov (Kiss Asylum unmasked tribute, Twisted Sister tribute and Ace Frehley tribute)

Queen Forever tribute & Robbie Williams tribute on 11 Nov

Baby Animals on 25th Nov

May try to squash in Sebastian Bach if I can score tickets at a reasonable price, but otherwise it's no big deal for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Tickets for Judas Priest, Saxon, and Black Star Riders in Seattle just went on sale an hour ago. I just grabbed four! ;}

A review of Rose Tattoo & The Angels

Rose Tattoo
Sadly most of the band have dies of cancers, so Angry is the only one left.
Bob Spencer on guitar was cool, if not weird as he played on 3 of the best Angels albums.
Angry was great. Hard to believe he is 70.
Missed a few notes, but on a scale of Vince Neil to 10 he would be around a 7 or 8.
Sounded great, and full of life advice during the show.
I was kinda hoping for Bound For Glory, and I Wish, but they played neither.
I'd never seen them before so it's one to tick off the list.
Better than expected.

The Angels
I've seen them probably around 8 or 9 times in my life.
Saw them with Doc just before he left the second time and they were pretty crap.
Saw them a couple of years ago for the first time with Dave Gleeson and they were amazing.
This time they were OK.
Dave is amazing. Full of energy, non stop jumping around and playing the part.
Recently we had a show on TV here on Michael Hutchence labeling him the last rock star. I say take a look at Dave. Lots of Hutchence'esque to him.
John Brewster's son Sam. on bass, John and Rick were there and Nick Norton on drums.
so really it was the Brewster show to a degree.

Without going through and matching songs to albums I'd say we would have been lucky to hear a couple of songs off the three albums John didn't play on.
Kind of selfish for me.
No We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
No Nature Of The Beast
No Did You Hurt Somebody
No When The Time Comes
No Don't Waste My Time
No Dogs Are Talking

all hits in Australia and I get that you can't please everyone, but seriously, NONE of the above?
Also Eat City - no Eat City....

Couple of tributes, to Doc, George Young and Chris Bailey

It was a good show, but a little stale. Felt like they were going through the motions again like that last time I saw them with Doc.
Dave did what he could, but the Brewsters are old, and act it. I get Rick's stage thing where he stands there with no emotion. Used to be cool, now it's kinda weird, especially in a small venue up close and personal.

We had great seats and got some pretty great footage.
I never record whole songs, I pick 4 or 5 per set and take half of the songs so I can look back at it later, but for the rest of the time I enjoy the show.
So here are a few half songs from the show...
https://youtu.be/JXaTuzvzKnA

https://youtu.be/HRXHlW-EcgI

https://youtu.be/oxiy9t0q8IM

16 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

A review of Rose Tattoo & The Angels

Rose Tattoo
Sadly most of the band have dies of cancers, so Angry is the only one left.
Bob Spencer on guitar was cool, if not weird as he played on 3 of the best Angels albums.
Angry was great. Hard to believe he is 70.
Missed a few notes, but on a scale of Vince Neil to 10 he would be around a 7 or 8.
Sounded great, and full of life advice during the show.
I was kinda hoping for Bound For Glory, and I Wish, but they played neither.
I'd never seen them before so it's one to tick off the list.
Better than expected.

The Angels
I've seen them probably around 8 or 9 times in my life.
Saw them with Doc just before he left the second time and they were pretty crap.
Saw them a couple of years ago for the first time with Dave Gleeson and they were amazing.
This time they were OK.
Dave is amazing. Full of energy, non stop jumping around and playing the part.
Recently we had a show on TV here on Michael Hutchence labeling him the last rock star. I say take a look at Dave. Lots of Hutchence'esque to him.
John Brewster's son Sam. on bass, John and Rick were there and Nick Norton on drums.
so really it was the Brewster show to a degree.

Without going through and matching songs to albums I'd say we would have been lucky to hear a couple of songs off the three albums John didn't play on.
Kind of selfish for me.
No We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
No Nature Of The Beast
No Did You Hurt Somebody
No When The Time Comes
No Don't Waste My Time
No Dogs Are Talking

all hits in Australia and I get that you can't please everyone, but seriously, NONE of the above?
Also Eat City - no Eat City....

Couple of tributes, to Doc, George Young and Chris Bailey

It was a good show, but a little stale. Felt like they were going through the motions again like that last time I saw them with Doc.
Dave did what he could, but the Brewsters are old, and act it. I get Rick's stage thing where he stands there with no emotion. Used to be cool, now it's kinda weird, especially in a small venue up close and personal.

We had great seats and got some pretty great footage.
I never record whole songs, I pick 4 or 5 per set and take half of the songs so I can look back at it later, but for the rest of the time I enjoy the show.
So here are a few half songs from the show...
https://youtu.be/JXaTuzvzKnA

https://youtu.be/HRXHlW-EcgI

https://youtu.be/oxiy9t0q8IM

But did the Tatts play "Suddenly" ?

47 minutes ago, Doggy said:

But did the Tatts play "Suddenly" ?

Nope.
I was just looking at the Beats From A Single Drum CD which I always saw as a solo CD.

Weirdly, the cover and spine label it as a Rose Tattoo CD, but the disc itself is labelled Angry Anderson.

Also, Branded would have been good as well, but that's more a personal choice I guess. It wasn't a hit, but I recall it being kind of popular.

Looking forward to seeing Airbourne again here in Switzerland next week, then Intervals / Polyphia / Nick Johnston on the 18th, Santa Cruz (1st time for me) in Birmingham on 9. December, then Hammerfall on the 15th and also got Tickets for Steel Panther next February

Airbourne is gonna kick ass (as usual) and also excited about Santa Cruz, been wanting to see them for a while now

17 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Nope.
I was just looking at the Beats From A Single Drum CD which I always saw as a solo CD.

Weirdly, the cover and spine label it as a Rose Tattoo CD, but the disc itself is labelled Angry Anderson.

Also, Branded would have been good as well, but that's more a personal choice I guess. It wasn't a hit, but I recall it being kind of popular.

Who played the big man, Wellsy, slide ? That great picked up getting Spencer playing again.

I believe it was Dai Pritchard on slide, and he did a solid job.

Interestingly my daughter has had a bit to do with Bob Spencer in the studio and he is offering tonnes of advice. Seems a great bloke.

One think he keeps on banging on about is stage presence, which I'm not sure he has in too much abundance at the moment. I guess the Tatts aren't really that kind of band. But if you take a look at the Dogs Are Talking clip he certainly had a lot back then.

Forgot to mention, Spencer came out for the last song The Angels did which was Can't Shake It, which was pretty damn good.

Rose Tattoo Setlist

One of the Boys
Juice on the Loose
Assault & Battery
Tramp
Rock 'n' Roll Outlaw
The Butcher and Fast Eddy
Black Eyed Bruiser
Rock 'n' Roll is King
Scarred for Life
Bad Boy for Love
We Can't Be Beaten
Nice Boys

Angels Setlist 

Night Attack
Fashion and Fame
Shoot It Up
After the Rain
Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again
No Secrets
Movin' On
I Ain't the One
Let the Night Roll On
Be With You
Dawn Is Breaking
Face the Day
My Light Will Shine
Take a Long Line
Mr Damage
After Dark
Comin' Down
Shadow Boxer
Marseilles

Encore:
Love Takes Care
Blue Blood
Can't Shake It (with Bob Spencer)

• 2 weeks later...

Saliva touring Australia in Feb for the first time. I wonder if they will call Melbourne "Mel-bore-en'
looked up set lists and it looks like a pretty decent list - most of my favorites.

I'll be there :)

Saliva-A3_1200px.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, simo said:

Santa Cruz in Birmingham this Saturday. Has anyone seen them on the current tour already??

Is that Birmingham Alabama or Birmingham West Midlands?