Great White - Hooked

heaven&hell

I pretty much like every album they have done except Let It Rock.

Wow, that's random. What's wrong with 'Let it rock'?

Great question as Let it Rock is one of my favs from the band and really stood out since it was one of the few discs that came out in the mid 90's from an 80's band that was good.

Shitty production & lame songs. That was enough for me :)

Oh no, not another "production problem"? :P You're an oddball, mate, that's for sure. :lol: Again, I hear no problem with the production on this disc...

Low budget sounding production with a very flat drum sound. Are you deaf :)

Jeez man, I'd had Tim (2) and Mark pegged as the production monkeys on this site, but in the space of two threads you have eclipsed the hell out of them. I guess nothing short of Def Leppard's 'Hysteria' will do for you, mate? :lol:

Really man I think it's just a matter of taste...who likes what you know. I just prefer other things but if other people dig it that's great! :beerbang:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great question as Let it Rock is one of my favs from the band and really stood out since it was one of the few discs that came out in the mid 90's from an 80's band that was good.

Oh no, not another "production problem"? :P You're an oddball, mate, that's for sure. :lol: Again, I hear no problem with the production on this disc...

Jeez man, I'd had Tim (2) and Mark pegged as the production monkeys on this site, but in the space of two threads you have eclipsed the hell out of them. I guess nothing short of Def Leppard's 'Hysteria' will do for you, mate? :lol:

Really man I think it's just a matter of taste...who likes what you know. I just prefer other things but if other people dig it that's great! :beerbang:

Well you've never thought it was great that I dig Winger's IV. :whistle:

Well, cousin, you have to admit he's got a pretty good point with that one. ;)

Just like he was wrong and alone with his thoughts on Trixter's 'Hear!', you're obviously alone and wrong with your thoughts on 'IV'. ;)

Just like he was wrong and alone with his thoughts on Trixter's 'Hear!', you're obviously alone and wrong with your thoughts on 'IV'. ;)

The fact that I was alone isn't the point since he said it's just a matter of taste and he prefers other things but if other people dig it that's great.

The fact that I was alone isn't the point since he said it's just a matter of taste and he prefers other things but if other people dig it that's great.

I have to say after carefully listening to Winger IV again it's not as bad as I thought...

It's even worse! :lol:

I love that album despite it was panned by Kerrang at the time!!

'Congo Square' is a pure classic and up there with 'Rock Me'.

I thin the production is what makes 'Hooked' so damn good.

I was so good the follow up album 'Old Rose Motel' was average in comparison!

Tc

I love that album despite it was panned by Kerrang at the time!!

'Congo Square' is a pure classic and up there with 'Rock Me'.

I thin the production is what makes 'Hooked' so damn good.

I was so good the follow up album 'Old Rose Motel' was average in comparison!

Tc

Old Rose Motel is a song on that album...the title is Psycho City. I agree it's not near as good as Hooked.

• 8 years later...

South Bay Cities always reminded me of the Sesame Street theme song for some reason.

But I love this album.
Probably their best.

I'm a pretty big GW fan.
They seems to be always able to release catchy tunes. I always really like 6 to 8 songs of each album.

Even with different singer they did pretty well.
Prefer them today to JR GW

Always was a fan of Great White - saw them play live countless times.

Probably put on the best live shows of any band that I have ever seen (and I used to go to the Stone Pony in the late 80s/early 90s pretty regularly).  

If they could have captured that magic on a CD (and they released some great music - Hooked being one of them), they would have been one of the biggest bands in the world

5 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Why are we bumping an old ass 2009 thread???

Because I was bored and there was nothing of interest to post in of recent times.

Why are you opening an old ass 2009 thread if you have no interest?

13 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Those are new threads. This is a thread from 2009. EOns ago.

Try to keep up ok sparky?

Ouch. Touching a nerve...:)

Old threads, new threads. The reasons behind them are exactly the same. To get discussions started for all new and old members (and let's face it, probably 70 % of the active members weren't here EONs ago)

So, to introduce old stuff to the new members is all good. If i'ts new to them, hallelujah! Mission accomplished.

This board is getting pretty boring anyway if I may say so. I'm seriously thinking 'bout spending less time here in the future, things are becoming...shall i say... predictable.

I think I'm gonna take a look at older threads again. Just for the fun of it. Sparky.

• 2023 Gold Donors
49 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Old threads, new threads. The reasons behind them are exactly the same. To get discussions started for all new and old members (and let's face it, probably 70 % of the active members weren't here EONs ago)

So, to introduce old stuff to the new members is all good. If i'ts new to them, hallelujah! Mission accomplished.

This board is getting pretty boring anyway if I may say so. I'm seriously thinking 'bout spending less time here in the future, things are becoming...shall i say... predictable.

I think I'm gonna take a look at older threads again. Just for the fun of it. Sparky.

I'm expecting something awesome from your 12,000 post !

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Sad, but truu. There's no substitute for this site, though. I still strongly believe that. Facebook is bullshit, and I've all but deleted my account there. So, it truly is sad that this site has been so lacking in recent years.