Taylor Swift

66 mustang

actually, I don't consider any songs on the radio to be all that deep, if you want to talk about "good" songwriters, that is, Taylor had written that entire first album with the exception of the Tim Mcgraw song, prior to being signed by a label, now I don't know how much of it was re-written when she went into record it, but I doubt all that much was change.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't go hunting for this thread, but just found it as I was looking in this forum. I've been in the car a few times with my wife on the weekend recently and even if we only go to the local shops, 5mins away, radio will manage to play this 14 times in those 5mins. As far as harmless pop goes, I prefer this to the rest of this shit on radio, I must admit. :) I hate to say it, but it's "cute" and I can't really hate it.

I didn't go hunting for this thread, but just found it as I was looking in this forum. I've been in the car a few times with my wife on the weekend recently and even if we only go to the local shops, 5mins away, radio will manage to play this 14 times in those 5mins. As far as harmless pop goes, I prefer this to the rest of this shit on radio, I must admit. :) I hate to say it, but it's "cute" and I can't really hate it.

I defenitly wouldnt ever say she was hate-able, because she's not, and she does grow on you, like a bad case of genital warts, but as quick as she grows on you, (at least me) I just have to hear her voice in the right mood, and i'll fucking hate everyone the rest of the day, it's that irritating syndrome.

• 5 years later...

Okay, so I was in the car for a while with wife and child today and heard about 2 hours worth of radio (I can't believe how long it's been since I've actually even heard the radio - I knew no songs at all. And I like it). Anyway, I heard this twice and I'm not going to cut slices of toast about how I feel about this song - I instantly fell in love with it.

Absolutely love this tune:

She's the most important woman in the music biz right now -- her last album was the first new release to sell platinum in its first week in umpteen years, which apparently makes her powerful enuff to make her catalog vanish from Spotify just by snapping her fingers. :rofl:

I, for one, welcome our new, leggy blonde overlord.

42887.jpg

:bowdown:

tally-whackers

:rofl2: I haven't heard that one in a long time. :rofl:

Okay, so I was in the car for a while with wife and child today and heard about 2 hours worth of radio (I can't believe how long it's been since I've actually even heard the radio - I knew no songs at all. And I like it). Anyway, I heard this twice and I'm not going to cut slices of toast about how I feel about this song - I instantly fell in love with it.

Absolutely love this tune:

Yep, yep, okay. But this song is still great! ;)

I'm obligated to listen to the top 40 station when transporting my daughter & her teammates to & from practice. I've now heard at least 3 super catchy singles off her last album. Good stuff.

Semi-related; my daughter politely asked me to turn off Honeymoon Suite as we approached her school so as not to cause her undue embarrassment should one of her peers hear "New Girl Now!" Ouch!

I'm obligated to listen to the top 40 station when transporting my daughter & her teammates to & from practice. I've now heard at least 3 super catchy singles off her last album. Good stuff.

Semi-related; my daughter politely asked me to turn off Honeymoon Suite as we approached her school so as not to cause her undue embarrassment should one of her peers hear "New Girl Now!" Ouch!

:lol:

Funnily enough, Jacob, I actually do not find her attractive at all. She's "okay," but not my type of lady. I need me some curves.

• 2 years later...

Quite obviously a departure from her "country" roots. I was going to ask if she is wanting to be that Black Eyed Peas chick.

I must say at the 3 minute mark she answers my question/comment by proclaiming the "old Tayler Swift is dead" and the end is a hoot with ALL the TS personalities lined up on display.

Hate the "song" but kudos for taking a poke at herself.

This version is an improvement...

The Onion ran this beaut a week or so back. :rofl2:

Taylor Swift Unveils Even Darker Persona With New Single ‘Skullfucking Maggot Shit Boyfriend’

1200.jpg

NEW YORK—In a dramatic break from the singer’s past incarnations, including her more aggressive recent image, Taylor Swift unveiled an even darker persona Friday with the release of her new single, “Skullfucking Maggot Shit Boyfriend.” “From the moment we see her chewing the entrails of a bound-and-gagged man wrapped in coils of barbed wire, it’s obvious this is a version of Taylor we definitely haven’t seen before,” saidBillboard magazine writer Joseph Wohl in a post analyzing the new song and its accompanying music video, which feature graphic images of self-mutilation, a bass line sampled from a recording of cattle slaughter, and multiple lyrical references to genocide. “In the pre-chorus, when she sings, ‘I’m going to hatefuck you till the worms feast on your eyes,’ it’s not clear if she’s referring to ex-boyfriend Tom Hiddleston, her rival Katy Perry, or her ongoing feud with Kanye West. But it’s obvious from the bursts of industrial noise and mid-song interlude involving an imagined phone call with serial killer John Wayne Gacy that this new Taylor isn’t playing around.” At press time, several music blogs had reportedly criticized the single as overly derivative of artists like Throbbing Gristle and Anal Cunt as well as for appropriating imagery from Pier Pasolini’s film, The 120 Days Of Sodom.

Quite obviously a departure from her "country" roots. I was going to ask if she is wanting to be that Black Eyed Peas chick.

I must say at the 3 minute mark she answers my question/comment by proclaiming the "old Tayler Swift is dead" and the end is a hoot with ALL the TS personalities lined up on display.

Hate the "song" but kudos for taking a poke at herself.

This version is an improvement...

Not being funny, but no doubt in the world it sounds better done like that. You'd have to be a bit of a twat to think otherwise. ;)

For the record, I just don't think it's a good song in any format, but it's tenfold better here. A bad song made to sound pretty cool.

And actually, while we're on the subject... that dude's pretty freakin' handsome - that lead singer. Far more handsome than Taylor Swift is attractive. In fact, given the option, I'll go with the dude please. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...