"Dollhouse"

Fat Freddy

if Dollhouse goes on I'll be pissed because if a show should have been given time to find it's audience it was FIREFLY.

remember in the early years of Fox they really couldn't cancel shows so easy. you didn't have "reality tv" to plug into a time slot anytime you wanted. The Simpson's were a bomb to begin with at first too, as was 90210 but because of how new the station was they rode out the first season.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if Dollhouse goes on I'll be pissed because if a show should have been given time to find it's audience it was FIREFLY.

remember in the early years of Fox they really couldn't cancel shows so easy. you didn't have "reality tv" to plug into a time slot anytime you wanted. The Simpson's were a bomb to begin with at first too, as was 90210 but because of how new the station was they rode out the first season.

I agree on Firefly.

Also Fox cancelled K-Ville after half a season and I thought that was a good cop show.

Plus it was in post Katrina New Orleans and that was an original idea but for whatever reason it couldn't find an audience.

Not fox shows but I was mad as hell when NBC cancelled Surface and ABC cancelled Invasion.

I'm a sucker for these Sci-fi shows for some reason but most of the time(Lost being the exception) the major networks can't seem to find an audience with these type of shows and they don't give them long enought to see if their going to work or not.

Not fox shows but I was mad as hell when NBC cancelled Surface and ABC cancelled Invasion.

I'm a sucker for these Sci-fi shows for some reason but most of the time(Lost being the exception) the major networks can't seem to find an audience with these type of shows and they don't give them long enought to see if their going to work or not.

me too. Invasion had just really hit its stride and was getting really good and Surface, what a way to end a show, at least to a 2hr tv movie to wrap it up.

me too. Invasion had just really hit its stride and was getting really good and Surface, what a way to end a show, at least to a 2hr tv movie to wrap it up.

Dollhouse has grown on me and it would be a shame if they kill it off without giving it a proper chance to succeed......as for Invasion & Surface, they were both good shows that were cancelled before their time......it's no wonder people are deserting the 'major' networks for the cable channels when new shows are being cancelled after a handful of episodes......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
This returns on Septermber 7th for season 2.

I still never saw the unaired 13th episode that was only on the DVD but have read it's awesome.

Looking forward to the new season......just downloaded the unaired pilot and 13th ep.....haven't had a chance to watch them yet....

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the unaired pilot and it isn't very good so nothing missed there.....however the 13th episode is quite good and I now know why it wasn't aired....it would have been aired if the series hadn't been renewed since it is a real ending to the series......check it out if you have the chance.....

This is awesoem news. Great to see Summer Glau and Alexis Denisof on the show.

Summer Glau is joining Dollhouse this season as Bennett, a Dollhouse employee who shares a past with Eliza Dushku’s Echo, Fox has confirmed. As reported by EW’s own Michael Ausiello, the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles actress will appear alongside Battlestar Galactica’s Jamie Bamber — as well as Angel’s Alexis Denisof and BG’s Michael Hogan — in a never-ending parade of sci-fi faves on the Joss Whedon creation.

It looks like Yahoo was wrong about the 9/7 date for season 2 premeire.

They now have it listed as 9/25 for the premeire.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one never made it onto Aussie TV... well, not free-to-air TV anyway. But funnily enough in the first resort we stayed at in the Cook Islands they aired this entire first series box set on the resort channel. My wife and I made it through about 30 pretty awful minutes of the 2nd or third episode - though it looked to be somewhere in the midde of the series - before deciding there was a very good reason no Aussie channel ever picked it up. Awful show, despite the significant eye-candy.

I was kinda disappointed in the Season 2 premiere. Too much kiss-kiss, not enough bang-bang, if you know what I'm sayin'.

I was kinda disappointed in the Season 2 premiere. Too much kiss-kiss, not enough bang-bang, if you know what I'm sayin'.

Yeah I felt the same way.

Hopefully it picks up but for now for my Joss Whedon fix I'm revisiting my Angel season 3 dvds.

Joss Whedon made this show? Hmm, if it ever did come to Aussie TV I would have to give it a proper go then, just based on that. :wub: Buffy.

Joss Whedon made this show? Hmm, if it ever did come to Aussie TV I would have to give it a proper go then, just based on that. :wub: Buffy.

Yup this was Joss' big comeback after Buffy, Angel and Firefly but opinions have been mixed so far.

I thought the show got better in the second half of the season but overall it's a strange story line that's for sure. But I am happy see Amy Acker(who plays the doctor) who had played Fred in Angel.

• My Little Pony

Stick with guys. Don't let become like Firefly. Episodes 1 and 2 of this season were a little slow, but episode 3 picks it right up.

• 4 weeks later...

I've missed the last couple of episodes... lately we've been doing other sh*t on Fridays and I just forget to set the damn recorder... am I missing anything??

I've missed the last couple of episodes... lately we've been doing other sh*t on Fridays and I just forget to set the damn recorder... am I missing anything??

I thought the last episode was some of the best they've done.

It wasn't on last week though and don't come back until 12/4 for a two hour episode.

Looks like FOX has finally called it quits with Dollhouse:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/11/dollh...-canceled/33404