"Dollhouse"

Fat Freddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WwPpfyPUC8

Anybody else interested in checking this show out? It premieres this Friday on FOX after "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

Not only does "Dollhouse" star the smokin' hot Eliza Dushku (which would be enough to make me tune in), it's also created/written by Joss Whedon, the guy behind "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Firefly" so my Geek Radar is goin' crazy over this show. Looks kick-ass.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife loves E. Dushku, as well....I'm sure we'll be watching it!

I've been reading about this one since late last summer and being the Joss Whedon/Angel/Buffy fan I am so looking forward to this show.

I do wonder how many epsidoes there's gonna be since Prison Break will be taking that time slot starting April 17th.

I doubt this show will last. If I remember the commercial right it's supposed to be on Friday nights. That's basically a death sentence to any show. I don't know how many shows I've seen go down the tubes the past 5+ years that were on Friday night. The only 2 I've seen stick were Ghost Whiperer and Numbers. If the show lasts I'll likely check it out at some point. I really liked Eliza on Tru Calling.

I doubt this show will last. If I remember the commercial right it's supposed to be on Friday nights. That's basically a death sentence to any show. I don't know how many shows I've seen go down the tubes the past 5+ years that were on Friday night. The only 2 I've seen stick were Ghost Whiperer and Numbers. If the show lasts I'll likely check it out at some point. I really liked Eliza on Tru Calling.

I agree that Friday is a death sentence normally but with it being on Fox there really isn't any other option considering American Idol owns two or three nights during the week and House and 24 rule Monday's for now.

So really Friday is the only option unless they moved it to Sunday night but even that night has a ton of competition. I hope it lasts but it seems that Fox has a lot of shows every year that don't last very long. I guess they've been lucky with Bones, Prison Break and so far Sarah Connor Chronicles over the last few years. I loved the show K-Ville from 2006 bit they shit canned that show after a half a season.

25 minutes in and I'm bored silly. Sure, the eye candy is nice, but there's no there there.

Agreed. Too much talk, not enough rock, so to speak. Hopefully they ratchet the action up a bit more in the next few weeks or this show won't be around long.

Also the hype machine is a wee bit heavy... "the most anticpated series premiere of the season!"

Ehh? Before a few weeks ago no one had even heard of the damned thing. Can't anticipate what you don't know about.

As far as promotion and payoff, in my opinion both Leverage and The Beast have this thing beat... handily.

I'll probably tune in again next Friday to see if it's any better than the first episode. If not... sayonara.

Also the hype machine is a wee bit heavy... "the most anticpated series premiere of the season!"

Ehh? Before a few weeks ago no one had even heard of the damned thing. Can't anticipate what you don't know about.

As far as promotion and payoff, in my opinion both Leverage and The Beast have this thing beat... handily.

It's been talked about online quite a bit since late last summer, mostly on yahoo.

I do think they should of been hyping it on tv a little earlier.

Overall I enjoyed it and expect it to get better in the coming episodes.

It was cool to see Amy Acker(Fred from tv's Angel) as the doctor.

Also the producers Tim Minear and Kelly Manner's both worked on Angel and Minear worked on Whedon's Firefly tv show as well.

I'm not impressed so far but I'll give it another few episodes.......as far as The Beast is concerned I've already lost interest......Leverage still holds my interest for now.....the best new series is still Sons of Anarchy....

Count me in as one who preferred the second episode. I'll stick around for #3.

• 4 weeks later...

Shoot! I forgot all about "Dollhouse" this past Friday! :doh: Oh well, I'm sure the episode is on Fox Network's website, or maybe Hulu...

Shoot! I forgot all about "Dollhouse" this past Friday! :doh: Oh well, I'm sure the episode is on Fox Network's website, or maybe Hulu...

It's been good the last couple of weeks with a few new twists but the 2nd episode is still the best one IMO.

The fact that the young russian informant is part of the Dollhouse threw me for a second. :tumbsup:

It's been good the last couple of weeks with a few new twists but the 2nd episode is still the best one IMO.

The fact that the young russian informant is part of the Dollhouse threw me for a second. :tumbsup:

I still haven't caught up on last week's "Dollhouse" episode but I'll be sure to watch tonight.

I will state the obvious: :pics:

Will this do for now, Terry? :lol:

dh3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Getting the feeling that I shouldn't get too attached to "Dollhouse" as it may or may not be back for a second season. Apparently FOX is only going to air 12 of the 13 episodes that were shot for this season (the 13th will be included on an eventual DVD) and its future is in doubt beyond those 12.

Remember when FOX used to let stuff hang around a while and let it find an audience? "The X-Files" (one of their greatest hits) was a perennial cellar dweller in its first season (and didn't start to catch fire till it went into re-runs during the summer), now if something isn't an instant hit it's a goner. :(

Getting the feeling that I shouldn't get too attached to "Dollhouse" as it may or may not be back for a second season. Apparently FOX is only going to air 12 of the 13 episodes that were shot for this season (the 13th will be included on an eventual DVD) and its future is in doubt beyond those 12.

Remember when FOX used to let stuff hang around a while and let it find an audience? "The X-Files" (one of their greatest hits) was a perennial cellar dweller in its first season (and didn't start to catch fire till it went into re-runs during the summer), now if something isn't an instant hit it's a goner. :(

Even Sarah Connor is up in the air for being brought back.

I think Dollhouse is finally finding it's feet and it would be a shame for it to go away so soon.

It even took Angel and Buffy a season for them to find their audience but they were on a much smaller network. Fox only cares about House, 24 and American Idol. There always move shows around especially to accomodate American Idol's schedule. Look at Bones, it's been moved between Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday numberous times depending on the AI schedule. They moved House to mondays because of AI and then had to put Sarah Connor on Fridays when that happened and now the final 5 episodes of Prison Break will be on Fridays after that show has been on Mondays since it's inception. F#@k American Idol, it ruins my TV watching schedule.