CD's you got rid of and wished you hadn't

Nick C

Over the years, I've got rid of loads of CDs in an effort to raise some much-needed funds ... some of those I wish I'd held on to include:

Kiss Of The Gypsy: Kiss Of The Gypsy

Johhnny Crash: Neighbourhood Threat

AC/DC: Live (the 2 disc version)

always loved Kiss Of The Gypsy(seen em years ago)think they're available on ebay...at the right price dude,is AC/DC the donnington live cd?

I'll keep trying with the Kiss Of The Gypsy CD ... last time I was outbid on eBay in the dying seconds ... I know I can pick it up again quite cheaply, it's just having the disposable income at the right time that's the problem :)The AC/Dc album is this one - http://www.acdc.com/...lectors-edition - in a cardboard slip-case, with an Angus 'banknote' ... :(

Here's the remastered AC/DC in a Digipack Loads of cheap ones. http://www.amazon.co...ords=ac/dc live

You should be able to get the original press with the slip case without any problems there too.

Thank you! I'm sure Mrs G will be DELIGHTED to hear this CD again :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the years, I've got rid of loads of CDs in an effort to raise some much-needed funds ... some of those I wish I'd held on to include:

always loved Kiss Of The Gypsy(seen em years ago)think they're available on ebay...at the right price dude

£1.85 on Amazon... :whistle:

Hurrah! :)

Now go and find me a cheap copy of 'Great White'! ;)

When you say 'cheap', I assume you mean 'less than the £16 currently being asked for it on Amazon'? :)

When you say 'cheap', I assume you mean 'less than the £16 currently being asked for it on Amazon'? :)

Erm ... yes, a lot less than that! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Both Blue Murder releases...

I got rid of the second one, which was good, but not a patch on the debut imo, so I can live without it. It does have one of the best cover versions I've ever heard ('Itchycoo Park') but doesn't have the consistency of the first album, which is a definite 10/10 for me.

See for me the second was the better of the two, and was much more consistant. The first one just didnt rock out enough for me, and was too much of a Whitesnake "blues" copycat.

Hell, the second one is worth having just for All fall down. That is a monster of a track.

See for me the second was the better of the two, and was much more consistant. The first one just didnt rock out enough for me, and was too much of a Whitesnake "blues" copycat.

Hell, the second one is worth having just for All fall down. That is a monster of a track.

'All Fall Down' is a good song and 'I Need an Angel' is one of my favourite ballads ever, probably in my top five. However, I don't see the consistency thing. There are 4 or 5 very average, nondescript songs on 'NBT', while every song on 'Blue Murder' is fantastic imo. 'BM' doesn't sound bluesy to me, it's more like the 1987 Whitesnake sound if anything. And John Sykes was on that record. He even said after leaving Whitesnake that his album would be more like '1987' than Whitesnake's next one and that is completely spot on in my book. If I was to do a Blue Murder compilation, it would have 3, maybe 4 songs from the second album and every song from the debut!

By Bluesy, I mean there was nothing on the debut that was as bombastic as Still of the night or Here I go again. I just played it, went "meh" and nearly didnt buy the second one. Thank god I did, as there is not a bad song on it, and the big bombastic songs certainly are. Different tastes I guess, but for me, while I love Whitesnake (especially 1987), to me the first BM album was a pale shadow of the band they were copying. The fact that the second album, while a similar genre to 1987, didnt sound like it was copying the Snake.

• 4 months later...

See for me the second was the better of the two, and was much more consistant. The first one just didnt rock out enough for me, and was too much of a Whitesnake "blues" copycat.Hell, the second one is worth having just for All fall down. That is a monster of a track.

'All Fall Down' is a good song and 'I Need an Angel' is one of my favourite ballads ever, probably in my top five. However, I don't see the consistency thing. There are 4 or 5 very average, nondescript songs on 'NBT', while every song on 'Blue Murder' is fantastic imo. 'BM' doesn't sound bluesy to me, it's more like the 1987 Whitesnake sound if anything. And John Sykes was on that record. He even said after leaving Whitesnake that his album would be more like '1987' than Whitesnake's next one and that is completely spot on in my book. If I was to do a Blue Murder compilation, it would have 3, maybe 4 songs from the second album and every song from the debut!

The second cd is very inconsistent but the debut is a masterpiece, because it has that Whitesnake 1987 feel. That whole album wouldn't even be good without Sykes in my opinion.

always loved Kiss Of The Gypsy(seen em years ago)think they're available on ebay...at the right price dude

Wish it was still available for that price, I would pick it up...

:doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Wish it was still available for that price, I would pick it up...

:doh:

I know someone who has it ... :)

I've recently picked up a few CDs to replace some that I foolishly got rid of over the years ... nothing spectacular, but they're all albums that I used to really enjoy ... of course, there are still plenty of CDs that i wish I'd held on to that are now going for silly money ... *sniffle* ...

• 1 year later...

See for me the second was the better of the two, and was much more consistant. The first one just didnt rock out enough for me, and was too much of a Whitesnake "blues" copycat.Hell, the second one is worth having just for All fall down. That is a monster of a track.

The second cd is very inconsistent but the debut is a masterpiece, because it has that Whitesnake 1987 feel. That whole album wouldn't even be good without Sykes in my opinion.

I agree with Captain Howdy in that to me the first cd was so bad I've never even heard the second lol. Somehow I've acquired 2 copies of that cd too lol

The ONLY cd I absolutely kick myself in the ass over getting rid of is Black Stone Cherry Rock n Roll Tape. I bought it cheap with plans to sell for a huge profit to buy more CDs. Which I did because I didn't like it. I made 1:1 copy on my archive hard drive before selling & every damn time I listen to it I love it more & more. Damn me for selling that off lol

None really but about 15 years ago I did bin about 100 inserts and backs to save space and looking back now esp when rating 1989 it does break my heart to a certain degree.

Id give anything to have them all back :-(

None really but about 15 years ago I did bin about 100 inserts and backs to save space and looking back now esp when rating 1989 it does break my heart to a certain degree.

So you only have the actual discs themselves? Um, so, like, zomfg!

So you only have the actual discs themselves? Um, so, like, zomfg!

Yeah in booklets.

Its only about 100 but its still annoying.

At the time it was discs which didn't mean a lot but tastes change with time

Hey ho.

Organised Crime is one lol. What was I thinking?? ;-)

• My Little Pony

I don't understand people like you. Same with video games. It was so common for folks to throw out the box and manual.

I know....I should have just stored the inserts - there are quite a few which only have the back missing so I could download that and make them up again.

Prob only 50 where both are missing. Still annoying.

I know....I should have just stored the inserts - there are quite a few which only have the back missing so I could download that and make them up again.

I never got rid of inserts but god knows how many inserts I have put notes on ....only stopped about 10 years ago....it's just sad... :crying:

• My Little Pony

I never got rid of inserts but god knows how many inserts I have put notes on ....only stopped about 10 years ago....it's just sad... :crying:

What?!

Why?

Jeez, dudes doing some crazy shit here, lol. I'm a very, very, very, very, very, very far from one of those creepy collectors that can't even have a fingerprint on a booklet or something like that, but any CD I bought brand new basically still looks like that today. :)

Oh, actually, one stupid thing I did which I do regret. I generally (not always, though), threw out all the OBI strip things from Jap releases. Thankfully, they're generally CDs I'd never consider selling anyway, but it'd be annoying if I'd lose out on sales because some creep needed to have the OBI strip with the disc to make it sound better. ;)

Jeez, dudes doing some crazy shit here, lol. I'm a very, very, very, very, very, very far from one of those creepy collectors that can't even have a fingerprint on a booklet or something like that, but any CD I bought brand new basically still looks like that today. :)

Oh, actually, one stupid thing I did which I do regret. I generally (not always, though), threw out all the OBI strip things from Jap releases. Thankfully, they're generally CDs I'd never consider selling anyway, but it'd be annoying if I'd lose out on sales because some creep needed to have the OBI strip with the disc to make it sound better. ;)

Yeah I threw out a bunch of those too.... :yikes:

Yeah I threw out a bunch of those too.... :yikes:

Me too...especially annoying was a Japanese Guns & Roses E.P. - It didn't have a title but it was known as the "Live From the Jungle" E.P. I sold it for about £25 - £30 but at the time it would have apparently at least doubled it if I had the OBI.
Still annoyed that I threw the OBI from my John Waite Mask of Smiles too...although that's going nowhere. Oddly though at the same time I always kept the OBIs on any vinyl I bought