CD's you got rid of and wished you hadn't

Nick C

Slik Toxik Irrelevant: never really liked it but Twenty Something was an awesome song I'd love to have back on my Ipod. Who knows? Maybe I'd appreciate this album more now but at the time I was let down by the direction the band went in after Doin the Nasty.

Easy Action That Makes One: copied it and went trolling for easy money on Ebay. Got a decent price but not nearly what one would get nowadays.

Babylon AD s/t: figured I'd easily find another one second hand so I traded it off. In retrospect I never should have made this deal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between 2003 and 2006, I had a financial issue & had to sell a LOT of my collection. I've been replenishing lately, but it's slow going and I'm having to be picky.

Some stuff I no longer have that I WISH I did:

ALL the Pink Cream 69 CD's (thru Thunderdome)

ALL the Pretty Maids CD's (thru Planet Panic)

ALL the Harem Scarem CD's (thru Higher)

ALL the Journey CD's (from Infinity thru Generations...I've replenished some of these)

ALL the Giant CD's

ALL the Bon Jovi CD's (thru This Left... + box set)

ALL the Kansas CD's + box set)

:sigh:

Between 2003 and 2006, I had a financial issue & had to sell a LOT of my collection. I've been replenishing lately, but it's slow going and I'm having to be picky.

ALL the Journey CD's (from Infinity thru Generations...I've replenished some of these)

ALL the Giant CD's

Shocker mate. Truly. :unsure:

ALL the Giant CD's

I know...I hate it...

ALL the Giant CD's

Yeah, I wept a little reading these ones.

• 2 weeks later...
Magnum "Marauder", I traded it years ago and I have never seen it again (at least in Argentina).

You silly man - I'm on that!! Get it back - NOW. ;)

Magnum "Marauder", I traded it years ago and I have never seen it again (at least in Argentina).

The day I got rid of that CD was the first day I'd smiled since I bought it.

It's was only a stop gap, almost bootleg recording, that was to tie fans over until the next studio disc,and wasn't really meant as anything else. I hold it in high esteem, 'cos a very very young Jez was in the audience when it was recorded and it was a great night and one I remember very clearly for alot of reasons . There was an EP. of different tracks, that you can hear my mate shouting out on that eventually were added to the re-issued version.

I imagine that early Magnum (or pretty much any Magnum come to think of it) really wouldn't be your proverbial cuppa anyways Geoff!!

It's was only a stop gap, almost bootleg recording, that was to tie fans over until the next studio disc,and wasn't really meant as anything else. I hold it in high esteem, 'cos a very very young Jez was in the audience when it was recorded and it was a great night and one I remember very clearly for alot of reasons . There was an EP. of different tracks, that you can hear my mate shouting out on that eventually were added to the re-issued version.

I imagine that early Magnum (or pretty much any Magnum come to think of it) really wouldn't be your proverbial cuppa anyways Geoff!!

Nah, I actually quite like 'Vigilante', 'Wings of Heaven' and 'Goodnight L.A'. Sadly, they're the only ones I have (well, 'Wings of Heaven' CDR only).

I'd really like 'On a Storyteller's Night', 'Sleepwalking' and 'Rock art' too, though. That's actually why I got that 'Marauder' disc, as well as 'The Eleventh Hour' and 'II' which I also sold as I hated them... but I do like the band so I thought I'd try them out. But I will not make the mistake to try their pre-1985 stuff again.

Nah, I actually quite like 'Vigilante', 'Wings of Heaven' and 'Goodnight L.A'. Sadly, they're the only ones I have (well, 'Wings of Heaven' CDR only).

I'd really like 'On a Storyteller's Night', 'Sleepwalking' and 'Rock art' too, though. That's actually why I got that 'Marauder' disc, as well as 'The Eleventh Hour' and 'II' which I also sold as I hated them... but I do like the band so I thought I'd try them out. But I will not make the mistake to try their pre-1985 stuff again.

Shame mate as you could have had my doubles of the early stuff I just put up for trade inc 'Marauder'. ;)

Shame mate as you could have had my doubles of the early stuff I just put up for trade inc 'Marauder'. ;)

Damn! Why didn't you tell me? :(

Yeah pretty sad I could not get it back again (the pawnshop when I traded it closed years ago). I had no other choice than to download it and burn a CDR...but it's not the same.

As it happens, I have the remastered version on my trade list :whistle:

ALL the Giant CD's

Yeah, I wept a little reading these ones.

I still do...

I did manage to snag the 7800 Fahrenheit remaster last week... :tumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My Badlands collection,i sold alot of my cd's to friends and stores to get money towards a house loan.Don't get me wrong we all love the house but i want my Badlands cd's back,cdr just isn't good enough.

I now have Voodoo Highway but regret selling the F**ckin' others :doh:

• My Little Pony

I've never given away any of my cds. I even keep seemingly useless samplers. I love all genres of music, and I never know when I'm gonna need to hear something specific.

I tried to give away 3 Poison cd's, but no fucker wanted them! :doh:

But just think, if you would have, you'd be wishing you had them back! :lol:

Only two. I sold both for some good $$$'s but I still regret doing it. Money has long since been spent but would rather have the cd's.

Circus Of Power - S/T

Tommy Shaw - Girls With Guns (original A&M press)

Well I finally got the Tommy Shaw original back! It's not in near the mint condition the one I sold was in, but I'm still happy for getting a another copy back. :)